Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

A look at who the Hogs are evaluating to round out the top-ranked 2018 class ...

Started by Kevin McPherson, January 20, 2017, 05:06:19 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Bionic_Pig

█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

RealHog

I've really been enjoying Kevin's coverage of Hawg ball and and HS Bball. Good for us hoop fans.

ShadowHawg

gmarv

Dominicanhog

Quote from: MountieDawg on January 21, 2017, 07:32:38 pm
Is there no limit to how many threads you can make out of the same article.  Jump Ball and Basketball Recruiting

just a question .. do you bitch about everything, or does it just seem that way.. free info.. if you don't like it, don't read...

Kevin McPherson

Quote from: MountieDawg on January 21, 2017, 07:32:38 pm
Is there no limit to how many threads you can make out of the same article.  Jump Ball and Basketball Recruiting

I didn't make the thread in Jump Ball, somebody else did. However, I've seen other recruiting threads over there, so in the past I've actually posted recruiting stuff in both so that more folks can get info.

gmarv

Quote from: HOGdayafternoon on January 22, 2017, 12:27:56 pm
I didn't make the thread in Jump Ball, somebody else did. However, I've seen other recruiting threads over there, so in the past I've actually posted recruiting stuff in both so that more folks can get info.

Just my point of view but i like guys putting links on here for me to read about hog stuff.So just keep doing what your doing and i,ll keep reading.

Hog Fan from Camden

Thanks Hogday for the info.  MountieDawg go back over to the Kentucky board if you don't like post on here!  Troll!

rzrbackramsfan

Keyshawn emberey is the highest rated guy we're on right? I thought I saw he was ahead oh Ramey.  For real though, can brown graduate early and join 17's class.

East TN HAWG

Quote from: HOGdayafternoon on January 22, 2017, 12:27:56 pm

Hey man, let it roll off your back.  Great article, and please post it anywhere you please!!.  I enjoy reading your stuff.  The only issue is that we need more of it. 

NWAHog479

Kevin McPherson

NWAHog479

Quote from: HOGdayafternoon on January 25, 2017, 10:51:04 am
Still evaluating.

Is this more because we have Justice Hill signed already? Lomax was Gatorade Player of the Year as a Sophomore in a city/state that is loaded with D1 talent. I know we need to evaluate to make sure he is a good fit, but I've seen the kid play and he is one of the best PG's I have seen recently. Just wanted your take on it because I know you have a great handle/outlook on our recruiting process and style. Thanks again for another great article.

Kevin McPherson

Quote from: NWAHog479 on January 25, 2017, 11:00:56 am
Is this more because we have Justice Hill signed already? Lomax was Gatorade Player of the Year as a Sophomore in a city/state that is loaded with D1 talent. I know we need to evaluate to make sure he is a good fit, but I've seen the kid play and he is one of the best PG's I have seen recently. Just wanted your take on it because I know you have a great handle/outlook on our recruiting process and style. Thanks again for another great article.

Current needs are big and PG, so Hogs have to decide which way to go there to finish 2017, and that affects how they finish 2018 more so than Justice coming aboard in 2019.

Evaluation has lots of moving parts: team needs; individual player's size, athleticism, skill, position, strengths, weaknesses; academics; off-court character. So, when I say kids are still being evaluated, that's not necessarily tied to figuring out if they are good enough to play for the Hogs. Many factors in evaluation.

HawgnCorona

Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all your getting, get understanding." --   Proverbs 4:7

"Live justly, love mercy and to walk humbly with the Most High."-- Micah 6:8

Adam Stokes

Right now our 2018 class is ranked #1 in the 247 composite, but only because a good chunk of the prospects for that class remain uncommitted. I took our class ranking and compared it to 2016, the last year that has completed for recruiting. Our team would currently rank #12 in that class, (not too shabby.)

I was curious to see how our class would fare if we were to land any of the recruits mentioned in the article. Our class would jump up to #8 if we were to land Moss, and as high as 6 if we were to land both Moss and Ramey. We'd stay about the same if we added Brown & Weaver, so as long as the players in our class can hold their player rankings and we add two more commits, a Top 10 finish is very likely.

I compared this class to our 2004 class which featured Al Jefferson, Steven Hill, Darian Townes and Co. Since Jefferson never showed up, this class will beat out that one (63.79) so long as we finish with 5 commits. It would still finish behind our 2011 class (66.72) led by BJ Young, though I don't think that year should really count for anything.

Kevin McPherson

Quote from: Adam Stokes on January 26, 2017, 01:21:11 pm
Right now our 2018 class is ranked #1 in the 247 composite, but only because a good chunk of the prospects for that class remain uncommitted. I took our class ranking and compared it to 2016, the last year that has completed for recruiting. Our team would currently rank #12 in that class, (not too shabby.)

I was curious to see how our class would fare if we were to land any of the recruits mentioned in the article. Our class would jump up to #8 if we were to land Moss, and as high as 6 if we were to land both Moss and Ramey. We'd stay about the same if we added Brown & Weaver, so as long as the players in our class can hold their player rankings and we add two more commits, a Top 10 finish is very likely.

I compared this class to our 2004 class which featured Al Jefferson, Steven Hill, Darian Townes and Co. Since Jefferson never showed up, this class will beat out that one (63.79) so long as we finish with 5 commits. It would still finish behind our 2011 class (66.72) led by BJ Young, though I don't think that year should really count for anything.

I believe Reggie Perry will get bumped to a 5-star at some point, which will also impact the rankings. I've always felt if the Hogs add a couple more 4-stars, they'll end up Top 5-10, sounds like your in-depth research affirms that likelihood. The only thing that confuses me is you pairing Weaver and Brown and Ramey and Moss ... in keeping with the guard and SF/wing mantra, it seems more likely the Hogs would land Weaver and Moss (or Ramey) OR Brown and Moss (or Ramey).

Kevin McPherson

Adam Stokes

Quote from: HOGdayafternoon on January 26, 2017, 03:18:29 pm
I believe Reggie Perry will get bumped to a 5-star at some point, which will also impact the rankings. I've always felt if the Hogs add a couple more 4-stars, they'll end up Top 5-10, sounds like your in-depth research affirms that likelihood. The only thing that confuses me is you pairing Weaver and Brown and Ramey and Moss ... in keeping with the guard and SF/wing mantra, it seems more likely the Hogs would land Weaver and Moss (or Ramey) OR Brown and Moss (or Ramey).

I was more just showing the ceiling and floor if we grab two of them.

HawgnCorona

Quote from: Adam Stokes on January 26, 2017, 01:21:11 pm

It would be nice to get a dominant big to go with these guys we could really do some damage, for 2018 -19 class.
Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all your getting, get understanding." --   Proverbs 4:7

"Live justly, love mercy and to walk humbly with the Most High."-- Micah 6:8

Kevin McPherson

sage_dragoon

XBox360 - SageDragoon79