Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Worse DQ loss you have had?

Started by holeinthewall, January 19, 2017, 11:04:50 am

Previous topic - Next topic

holeinthewall

I have had some cost me P3 and stuff but the one that stands out was 2006 Hollywood Park I was betting at Longwood Greyhound track in Florida.. Had $200 to win on a 9/2 and the horse won but moved out in the stretch.. I left didn't play again for a month I was so pissed.

kingoftherapids

whole pool jackpot pick 6 at hawthorne. it was a weekday and it was smaller fields. i threw out all of the favorites except in the last leg. i spread to the top 3 horses. i have the three betting choices.   whole pool was at risk to one of my runners. low and behold in the stretch, my whole pool payout horse makes his move and wins by 2 or 3. a bomb finishes second. (pays out 5 of 6) to this runner. inquiry sign goes up and the review literally takes 15 minutes. then im DQ'ed and the longshot is put up. thus extending the jackpot pick 6 to the next card. never been so sick to my stomach after a horse race in my life. i got 400-500 back on the 5 of 6. you should see the DQ... you would lose your mind... you couldnt tell me and still can't that they wanted that jackpot to keep carrying over.

jdelo77

January 19, 2017, 12:53:35 pm #2 Last Edit: January 19, 2017, 05:38:28 pm by jdelo77
Had a trifecta at Tampa in 2009 , a 40/1 , 77/1 and 9/1 .... before the final turn the 40/1 drifts out and causes four or five horses to check ! The finish was exactly how you would want it ( 40-1/77-1/9-1) ...inquiry came up and I knew , it didn't take two minutes and they DQed my 40-1...made me sick ...I cashed out and didn't play horses for a while ..

holeinthewall

Quote from: kingoftherapids on January 19, 2017, 11:21:25 am
whole pool jackpot pick 6 at hawthorne. it was a weekday and it was smaller fields. i threw out all of the favorites except in the last leg. i spread to the top 3 horses. i have the three betting choices.   whole pool was at risk to one of my runners. low and behold in the stretch, my whole pool payout horse makes his move and wins by 2 or 3. a bomb finishes second. (pays out 5 of 6) to this runner. inquiry sign goes up and the review literally takes 15 minutes. then im DQ'ed and the longshot is put up. thus extending the jackpot pick 6 to the next card. never been so sick to my stomach after a horse race in my life. i got 400-500 back on the 5 of 6. you should see the DQ... you would lose your mind... you couldnt tell me and still can't that they wanted that jackpot to keep carrying over.

What was the pool size. I would like to go after the Gulfstream rainbow but those races are usually deep and they always bring a big price in a race you almost have to have the field to hit.

HogFanInBryant

I'll NEVER forget this...
Wasn't a DQ but I had $100 to win and place on a horse I had a tip on at LA Downs.  EJ Perrodin was on him.  Went off at 9-1 and was 4 lengths clear in a hand ride with less than a furlong to go.  EJ popped him on the butt and he swerved into the rail and tossed EJ....ZERO reason to hit him...he was going very easily.  I almost puked!

husker71

I had a horse named Adda Nickel (25/1) back in late 70s hooked up over a horse that I knew was far superior to every other horse in the field BUT I knew would not come in 1st (dont ask me how I knew that)  I played a $50 cold exacta.  I waited until the last second to bet (my HS football coach was at the window seliing tickets)    well it came in exactly how I bet it but the jockey ran the other horse out wide and got DQ  ed  I asked the jockey Walter Orona as he was going to the weigh in scale if he was going to get DQed and he said "yep"  Gosh I thought I could not lose and that is the most disappointing dq I have ever had .