Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How would you like the 2018 Class to finish???

Started by The_Bionic_Pig, December 23, 2016, 04:44:12 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Bionic_Pig

My picks are in bold:

(PG) Courtney Ramey

(SG) Keyshawn Embrey
(SG) T.J. Moss

(SF) Rodgerick Brown
(SF) Deshang Williams-Weaver

*Branchen Hazen transfer*
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

BentonvilleJeff

I hope Hazen doesn't transfer at all. I think in time he's going to be solid.

FineAsSwine

I saw Brachen and Kingsley standing next to one another last night. Brachen looks almost as tall as Kingsley. Kid must have grown or is still growing.

Add some strength and weight and we may have another solid big for 2017 already on the team.

The_Iceman

Quote from: BentonvilleJeff on December 23, 2016, 05:06:08 pm

I'm having trouble seeing it right now, to be honest. Gonna really have to specialize in the three point shot to be productive.

In terms of the 2018 class, I want Rodgerick Brown and a big man to back up Gafford.

FineAsSwine

Quote from: The_Iceman on December 23, 2016, 08:46:43 pm
In terms of the 2018 class, I want Rodgerick Brown and a big man to back up Gafford.

This would be a nice finishing touch to that class for sure.

Letsroll1200

BBHog

Quote from: The_Iceman on December 23, 2016, 08:46:43 pm
I'm having trouble seeing it right now, to be honest. Gonna really have to specialize in the three point shot to be productive.

I sure hope MA gives Hazen some time to develop.  He is the type of player that you see on these good mid-major teams come tournament time.  He's a versatile big man that can step out and nail the 3. Not super athletic but good enough. If we have patience, I think he'll be a very good player for us by his junior year.

navyhog24

Give me a true PG in Ramey and the Mr. Do-It-All in Brown and I'll be a happy camper

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: The_Bionic_Pig on December 23, 2016, 04:44:12 pm
My picks are in bold:

(PG) Courtney Ramey

(SG) Keyshawn Embrey
(SG) T.J. Moss

(SF) Rodgerick Brown
(SF) Deshang Williams-Weaver

*Branchen Hazen transfer*

Let's get Ramey after we hit college bball by storm.

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: FineAsSwine on December 23, 2016, 08:44:26 pm
I saw Brachen and Kingsley standing next to one another last night. Brachen looks almost as tall as Kingsley. Kid must have grown or is still growing.

Add some strength and weight and we may have another solid big for 2017 already on the team.

Hazens good, but I think the guys on bionic pigs list might be better.  They're all higher rated at least.

FineAsSwine

Quote from: rzrbackramsfan on December 24, 2016, 09:52:28 am
Hazens good, but I think the guys on bionic pigs list might be better.  They're all higher rated at least.

None of the guys on that list fill the bill for the big we are in need of though.

Razorod

Don't know what our chances are here, but to me the player most small forward like is Jacobi Gordon. Both Brown and Williams-Weaver strike me more as combo forwards.
Hoping the Hogs basketball fortunes change for the better this season.

mhuff

We have a lot of competition for Ramey.... Kansas , Louisville , others

mhuff

December 24, 2016, 12:29:23 pm #13 Last Edit: December 30, 2016, 09:10:29 am by mhuff
Quote from: Razorod on December 24, 2016, 10:41:29 am
Don't know what our chances are here, but to me the player most small forward like is Jacobi Gordon. Both Brown and Williams-Weaver strike me more as combo forwards.

Agree.   Want both Brown , Weaver.....and Ramey

I want Thatch whether he comes on academic or athletic scholarship.
We do need a big though.

Danny J

Quote from: BentonvilleJeff on December 23, 2016, 05:06:08 pm
I agree...

HardingHog

This is a tough one. Hard to choose so I'll put them in order of preference:

1) Courtney Ramey (I don't see him as much of an option at this point though)

2) TJ Moss

3) Rodgerick Brown

4) Jacobi Gordon

5) Keyshawn Embery

6) Duane Washington (He's kind of an unknown and out of left field, but I'm just drawn to this kids tape)

7) Fred Thatch

These are just the guys I've seen us linked to. I am on board with getting a big man, but none have really emerged, so I'll just go with those I've been hearing the most about.

I've heard good things and a lot of excitement about Weaver, but I haven't seen anything recent of him, and I'm curious to see his current skill set, size, etc

Swinesong1

While there isn't a set date or number of teams that the cut will be made to, three favorites have emerged and there is a possibility that his list could be cut all the way down to just three schools. According to Ramey's father Terrell, Creighton, Florida and Louisville -- Rick Pitino and all three of his assistants watched Ramey on Friday night -- have started to create some distance between themselves and the pack.

hogwood

An SF (Brown), a PG (Embery), or a big. 2 of those 3, or all 3 if we don't get a back-up big to finish 2017.

Hawg Red

Quote from: hogwood on January 30, 2017, 09:40:32 pm
An SF (Brown), a PG (Embery), or a big. 2 of those 3, or all 3 if we don't get a back-up big to finish 2017.

Pretty much where I'm at.

The_Iceman

Quote from: hogwood on January 30, 2017, 09:40:32 pm

That is my wish list as well. Specifically Brown. We need a true SF (like Qualls) who has the natural gifts to help in rebounding since Mike does not coach those fundamentals.

A true PG would be great as well.

rzrbackramsfan

I heard Louisville was the leader for Ramey, surely his kind must be changing after the allegations coming out against them.

Hawg Red

The roster is lacking 3 things in the immediate future: a true SF/wing that can get us out of having to play so many 3-guard lineups, a true PG, and a true big man.

I think Rodgerick Brown is that SF without question. I don't know who the true PG is, and that is starting to become a dying position like the center position. A lot of PGs are really combo guards these days, so if we're going to end up with a combo guard, let me have a shooter/scorer like Embery. I'm thinking Mladen Armus could be the big man to round out that frontcourt.

hogwood

Quote from: Hawg Red on January 31, 2017, 03:39:28 pm
The roster is lacking 3 things in the immediate future: a true SF/wing that can get us out of having to play so many 3-guard lineups, a true PG, and a true big man.

I think Rodgerick Brown is that SF without question. I don't know who the true PG is, and that is starting to become a dying position like the center position. A lot of PGs are really combo guards these days, so if we're going to end up with a combo guard, let me have a shooter/scorer like Embery. I'm thinking Mladen Armus could be the big man to round out that frontcourt.

Mike's teams really need a kid like Brown. A true SF who can score, defend, and rebound. Having a player like that this year would make a world of difference. At least next year we will have Hall, although he can lean towards the stretch 4. But if we have both Hall and Brown on campus our wing problem will be fixed. Add in a 6'6" Garland as well and 6'7" Bailey who can play the 3 depending on lineup. As for PG, if we have Garland, Sills, and a kid like Embery I think we will be set. We'll be pretty young but still pretty loaded. After that we'll just have to lock down another big. We'll have Gafford and Perry, then Henderson and Bailey. Would be nice to throw a real 6'9"er post man in that mix as Henderson and Bailey aren't that.

Swinesong1

Quote from: hogwood on February 02, 2017, 09:19:21 am
Mike's teams really need a kid like Brown. A true SF who can score, defend, and rebound. Having a player like that this year would make a world of difference. At least next year we will have Hall, although he can lean towards the stretch 4. But if we have both Hall and Brown on campus our wing problem will be fixed. Add in a 6'6" Garland as well and 6'7" Bailey who can play the 3 depending on lineup. As for PG, if we have Garland, Sills, and a kid like Embery I think we will be set. We'll be pretty young but still pretty loaded. After that we'll just have to lock down another big. We'll have Gafford and Perry, then Henderson and Bailey. Would be nice to throw a real 6'9"er post man in that mix as Henderson and Bailey aren't that.
What is with this narrative of Hall being a stretch 4?  Are people just repeating this out of ignorance?  Having seen him play, he is definitely a SF and if shot improves, a big guard.   

mhuff

DLUXHOG

"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

The_Iceman

Quote from: Swinesong1 on February 02, 2017, 10:04:02 am
What is with this narrative of Hall being a stretch 4?  Are people just repeating this out of ignorance?  Having seen him play, he is definitely a SF and if shot improves, a big guard.

Agreed. He is a natural 3 man.

https://youtu.be/8nd8h0NtDSo

https://youtu.be/cx9FdCmj4Lw

poloprince

The people they are saying he is a stretch 4 don't know anything about the kid.  He is coming to Ark as a big guard and wing player.
$PoLoPrInCe$

hogwood

I'm not saying he is a stretch 4. Just saying he could be if needed. Hall can rebound well and post up. He also seems to be stronger than a typical college SF. Though he is definitely an SF IMO.

playamade76

Would love to get a 6'9" or taller athletic big who can rebound and defend.

RazorAg

Quote from: hogwood on February 02, 2017, 07:26:00 pm
I'm not saying he is a stretch 4. Just saying he could be if needed. Hall can rebound well and post up. He also seems to be stronger than a typical college SF. Though he is definitely an SF IMO.

Yeah, absolutely not a stretch 4, but b/c of his size/length, developing ball and shooting skills, how rugged he plays and his rebounding ability, he can fit into the freshman Qualls and Bailey category of playing alongside a big in a small lineup.

He SHOULD develop into a prototypical SF down the road. He comes in with better ball skills than Qualls did, but his jumper might need more work.

Kevin McPherson

Quote from: RazorAg on February 04, 2017, 10:09:14 am
Yeah, absolutely not a stretch 4, but b/c of his size/length, developing ball and shooting skills, how rugged he plays and his rebounding ability, he can fit into the freshman Qualls and Bailey category of playing alongside a big in a small lineup.

He SHOULD develop into a prototypical SF down the road. He comes in with better ball skills than Qualls did, but his jumper might need more work.

This. Like Qualls, Hall plays a lot above the rim. Loves to fly in for dunks and rebounds. Better handler, not quite the hops, but the 7-foot wingspan (and large hands) on a 6-5 / 6-6 frame combined with the fearless attack-the-rim mentaility are oh-so Qualls-esque ... Hall is one of the most underrated players in the country, has a high Bball IQ and is a real warrior on the court. Hog fans gonna love him!

NWAHog479

Quote from: HOGdayafternoon on February 04, 2017, 10:58:51 am
This. Like Qualls, Hall plays a lot above the rim. Loves to fly in for dunks and rebounds. Better handler, not quite the hops, but the 7-foot wingspan (and large hands) on a 6-5 / 6-6 frame combined with the fearless attack-the-rim mentaility are oh-so Qualls-esque ... Hall is one of the most underrated players in the country, has a high Bball IQ and is a real warrior on the court. Hog fans gonna love him!

So he is Bailey with a handle and a jumper?

Kevin McPherson

Quote from: NWAHog479 on February 09, 2017, 10:19:18 am
So he is Bailey with a handle and a jumper?

Better perimeter player than Bailey, but Hall's outside shot is still a work in progress.

Youngsta71701

With a legitimate big man that can own the paint.
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

ADavisTheGOAT

Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech