Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

ASU's coach close to being hired at Baylor.

Started by Karma, December 05, 2016, 09:41:17 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ricepig

Quote from: Karma on December 06, 2016, 10:36:09 am
Baylor is going to hire Temple's coach Bruce Feldman just reported. Great hire for them. I wonder if Anderson burned any bridges.

Well, it depends on who's bridge it is, haha. Part of their fan base looks at the non-conference games as their measuring stick, the others look at their conference. So, some are happy, some aren't.

Hogarusa

Quote from: WilsonHog on December 05, 2016, 10:10:56 pm
"We're going to have a good time. Wherever they send us, we're going to make the best of it. We'd love to get a win, but mainly what I want to do is celebrate this group of guys, what they've been able to accomplish."

Why would anyone find issue with this quote. Thats what bowl games are for
I'll ride the wave where it takes me

PossumFan

Quote from: Hogarusa on December 06, 2016, 11:44:00 am
Why would anyone find issue with this quote. Thats what bowl games are for

Because it sounds like a pretty low priority on winning, which should be the main goal of ANY game.

Seminole Indian

"In truth, knowledge is a great and very useful quality; those who despise it give evidence enough of their stupidity. Yet I do not set its value at that extreme measure that some attribute to it." - Michel de Montaigne

hogsanity

If I was in the bowl ASu is in, I wouldn't care either. On of only 4 bowls not televised by espn/abc, pretty much tells it all.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Quote from: hogsanity on December 06, 2016, 01:33:59 pm
If I was in the bowl ASu is in, I wouldn't care either. On of only 4 bowls not televised by espn/abc, pretty much tells it all.
Arkansas basketball has only played one game on TV this year, but I've wanted to win them all.

hogsanity

Quote from: Karma on December 06, 2016, 01:38:59 pm
Arkansas basketball has only played one game on TV this year, but I've wanted to win them all.

I never thought from his comments he did not want to win, and would not coach as such, but it has to be hard to be jacked up 2 weeks out from that bowl game.

I also think he, or the guy from Temple, would be horrible choices for Baylor and both those guys had to be so far down on Baylors first list that it just shows how toxic the situation there is right now.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Seminole Indian

Quote from: hogsanity on December 06, 2016, 01:43:46 pm
I never thought from his comments he did not want to win, and would not coach as such, but it has to be hard to be jacked up 2 weeks out from that bowl game.

I also think he, or the guy from Temple, would be horrible choices for Baylor and both those guys had to be so far down on Baylors first list that it just shows how toxic the situation there is right now.
Think Baylor was Anderson's destination job, and besides his situation at A-State is pretty "toxic", right now.
"In truth, knowledge is a great and very useful quality; those who despise it give evidence enough of their stupidity. Yet I do not set its value at that extreme measure that some attribute to it." - Michel de Montaigne

tannerstahl

saw this on coachingsearch.com

Oregon: USA Today's Dan Wolken reports Oregon made a strong play for Matt Rhule on Monday night, but Rhule went with Baylor on Tuesday.

obviously i don't know what goes on at either one of these programs, but from the outside looking in, what was he thinking if that's true?!
i love the hogs....so very very much

hogsanity

Quote from: tannerstahl on December 06, 2016, 02:02:34 pm
saw this on coachingsearch.com

Oregon: USA Today's Dan Wolken reports Oregon made a strong play for Matt Rhule on Monday night, but Rhule went with Baylor on Tuesday.

obviously i don't know what goes on at either one of these programs, but from the outside looking in, what was he thinking if that's true?!

Recruiting is my guess. Recruiting is pretty tough at Oregon as the state produces very little HS talent. That is one thing that hampered Helfrich.

Honestly either place is an odd fit for a defense 1st, somewhat methodical offensive guy like Rhule.

Seminole Indian