Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rodgerick Brown

Started by Razorod, November 27, 2016, 04:19:29 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Razorod

Hoping the Hogs basketball fortunes change for the better this season.

Kevin McPherson

Razorod

That's what I thought. I believe this is his second visit.

Couple of questions:
Are we expecting/would Hogs accept a commitment? Is he friends with TJ Moss and would it increase our chances with Moss if Brown were to commit to us?

Thanks.

Letsroll1200

I hope we can get a commitment from this kid.

hoofer

Would we have room in the '18 class for both Brown and Moss? That would be 6 commits.

ADavisTheGOAT

Quote from: hoofer on November 27, 2016, 08:00:47 pm
Would we have room in the '18 class for both Brown and Moss? That would be 6 commits.
I think we do. I hope we get both too.
Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

jdunhog

If we get Brown and Moss it is over for the anderson haters!

Kevin McPherson

Arkansas currently has 4 commitments for c/0 2018 -- Perry, Henderson, Sills, and Joe -- with a total of 6 to give (make it 7 if the Hogs don't sign the last available scholarship for 2017 in the spring) ... so, yes, Hogs have 2 or 3 more to give in 2018 which means room for both Brown and Moss.

Having said that, I think the Hogs are still evaluating a lot of players including those 2. Things can change, but I doubt we see a commitment anytime soon.

Swinesong1

Quote from: HOGdayafternoon on November 27, 2016, 10:22:55 pm
Arkansas currently has 4 commitments for c/0 2018 -- Perry, Henderson, Sills, and Joe -- with a total of 6 to give (make it 7 if the Hogs don't sign the last available scholarship for 2017 in the spring) ... so, yes, Hogs have 2 or 3 more to give in 2018 which means room for both Brown and Moss.

Having said that, I think the Hogs are still evaluating a lot of players including those 2. Things can change, but I doubt we see a commitment anytime soon.
If no one leaves, one of the remaining schollies is for Justice Hill.

The_Iceman

https://youtu.be/6ShCBfBYXw0

Looks like a high energy scrappy player. Kind of reminds me of a bigger Manny Watkins.

The_Iceman

FineAsSwine

Quote from: The_Iceman on November 28, 2016, 08:46:21 am

https://youtu.be/6ShCBfBYXw0

Looks like a high energy scrappy player. Kind of reminds me of a bigger Manny Watkins.

Sounds good so far but can he shoot and/or create his own shot.

The_Iceman

Quote from: FineAsSwine on November 28, 2016, 09:58:09 am
Sounds good so far but can he shoot and/or create his own shot.

Maybe, maybe not. But a lot of the 2017 and 2018 recruits can.

Letsroll1200

Recently scored 27 points and grabbed 11 rebounds against John Petty that recently committed to Alabama over Kentucky.

Brown held Petty to 13 points during the game.

The_Iceman

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on November 28, 2016, 11:18:54 am
Recently scored 27 points and grabbed 11 rebounds against John Petty that recently committed to Alabama over Kentucky.

Brown held Petty to 13 points during the game.

So he can play defense? Sign him up!

The Hogfather

He looks like a physical specimen.  I hope we get him.

hogwood

Brown has said that he doesn't intend to commit at this time. I wouldn't expect a commitment this visit.

The_Iceman

I think he is sitting a couple rows in front of me tonight. Not sure tho.

Kevin McPherson

Rawker

Quote from: The_Iceman on November 28, 2016, 07:43:28 pm
I think he is sitting a couple rows in front of me tonight. Not sure tho.

Oh God.  Did he go to the MSM game?  Dang.  I wrote on the game thread that I hoped no recruits were watching that game, with the book club, the knitting club, and the Local Chapter of the National Secret-Passing Association renting out the Arena in place of actual fans that night, while the Hogs gave easily the most uninspired performance in a win that they have perhaps ever given in BWA.  This is coming from a huge MA fan, who didn't miss hardly any games of his at UAB or Mizz while watching the Hogs as well during that time....but this program, with incredible classes coming in, and gawdy home-win statistics that keep outdoing themselves even as the road-losses (shared by the almost whole NCAA) continue, is completely without sustainable support.  I've watch random CBB games every year for years, on top of the Hog games I watch, and these are BY FAR the most pitiful crowds I have ever seen under any circumstance - under interim coaches, after player deaths - I've never seen the likes of it.  And I can't imagine pulling in a recruit like this if he actually goes to the game.  If the game environment is any factor, Brown had to come away considering someone else. 

The_Iceman

Quote from: Rawker on November 29, 2016, 04:25:32 am
Oh God.  Did he go to the MSM game?  Dang.  I wrote on the game thread that I hoped no recruits were watching that game, with the book club, the knitting club, and the Local Chapter of the National Secret-Passing Association renting out the Arena in place of actual fans that night, while the Hogs gave easily the most uninspired performance in a win that they have perhaps ever given in BWA.  This is coming from a huge MA fan, who didn't miss hardly any games of his at UAB or Mizz while watching the Hogs as well during that time....but this program, with incredible classes coming in, and gawdy home-win statistics that keep outdoing themselves even as the road-losses (shared by the almost whole NCAA) continue, is completely without sustainable support.  I've watch random CBB games every year for years, on top of the Hog games I watch, and these are BY FAR the most pitiful crowds I have ever seen under any circumstance - under interim coaches, after player deaths - I've never seen the likes of it.  And I can't imagine pulling in a recruit like this if he actually goes to the game.  If the game environment is any factor, Brown had to come away considering someone else.

Stop with the exaggeration. I watched a game right before ours at Mississippi State that had a crowd worse than ours. They just hired a coach with Final 4s on his resume and have been bringing in top rated classes, and no one is showing up.

It seems nationally that if you aren't a "basketball school", then attendance is dropping. Affordable 60' HD TVs, every game on tv, late mid-week games....just not a lot of reasons to go anymore. Just wait and buy tickets to the couple of big home games a year and save your time and money.

Rawker

Quote from: The_Iceman on November 29, 2016, 06:27:17 am
Stop with the exaggeration. I watched a game right before ours at Mississippi State that had a crowd worse than ours. They just hired a coach with Final 4s on his resume and have been bringing in top rated classes, and no one is showing up.

It seems nationally that if you aren't a "basketball school", then attendance is dropping. Affordable 60' HD TVs, every game on tv, late mid-week games....just not a lot of reasons to go anymore. Just wait and buy tickets to the couple of big home games a year and save your time and money.

Yeah.  I guess.  New times...agreed.  But there are things you could easily do to make games more fun for the fans, recruits, and TV, if you're willing to suck it in and not make sure the VIPs get treated special when extremely poor attendance is at hand: In special situations where attendance and energy is atrocious, let everyone come down and occupy all the seats close to the floor.  BOOM.  People are happy (especially the peanut gallery) and excited and the University ends up being happy because they created a better environment that looks better on TV, makes for a tougher road game for the opponent, and excites recruits.  Then when more than frickin' 500 people show up, go back to the usual full-arena seating.  There - I just won the Hogs a couple more home games against cupcakes that they might have lost (okay, they only lost to Akron at home since MA has been coach), and I locked up a couple of recruits that came to visit during cupcake games.

The_Iceman

Quote from: Rawker on November 30, 2016, 01:27:45 am
Yeah.  I guess.  New times...agreed.  But there are things you could easily do to make games more fun for the fans, recruits, and TV, if you're willing to suck it in and not make sure the VIPs get treated special when extremely poor attendance is at hand: In special situations where attendance and energy is atrocious, let everyone come down and occupy all the seats close to the floor.  BOOM.  People are happy (especially the peanut gallery) and excited and the University ends up being happy because they created a better environment that looks better on TV, makes for a tougher road game for the opponent, and excites recruits.  Then when more than frickin' 500 people show up, go back to the usual full-arena seating.  There - I just won the Hogs a couple more home games against cupcakes that they might have lost (okay, they only lost to Akron at home since MA has been coach), and I locked up a couple of recruits that came to visit during cupcake games.

Honestly, they could just curtain off the upper deck until they need it. Problem is, there are actually season tickets sold up there. I just think they'll ever tell someone to go find a seat in the lower section when they have been sitting in the same seat in the upper deck for years.

I wish they would reconfigure the seating to have the student section stretching from baseline to baseline in view of the TV camera (behind where the benches are now), and more the benches to the other side of the court. I don't think they will ever let the students be right behind the team benches, but who knowas.

I don't think that if ticket prices were $15 lower level and $5-10 in the upper deck (or even free), that it would make much of a difference in attendance right now. Heck, students basically get in free and there were 45 there Monday.

jry04

Quote from: The_Iceman on November 30, 2016, 08:12:54 am
Honestly, they could just curtain off the upper deck until they need it. Problem is, there are actually season tickets sold up there. I just think they'll ever tell someone to go find a seat in the lower section when they have been sitting in the same seat in the upper deck for years.

I wish they would reconfigure the seating to have the student section stretching from baseline to baseline in view of the TV camera (behind where the benches are now), and more the benches to the other side of the court. I don't think they will ever let the students be right behind the team benches, but who knowas.

I don't think that if ticket prices were $15 lower level and $5-10 in the upper deck (or even free), that it would make much of a difference in attendance right now. Heck, students basically get in free and there were 45 there Monday.
Students do get in free. We sell about 10,500 access passes each year for $85. That is less than $15/ticket for Football games, and then access to every other sporting event. It is no different than season tickets. We have sold over 10,000 season tickets, but people either don't care or are too lazy. They don't even give the tickets away for free. We have enough tickets sold between students and season ticket holders to fill the stadium up. When we are 11-1 entering SEC play they will show up and say they were there all along and knew this team would turn it around, when in reality they were too lazy to go or too stupid to look up the schedule.

The_Iceman

Quote from: jry04 on November 30, 2016, 09:40:16 am
Students do get in free. We sell about 10,500 access passes each year for $85. That is less than $15/ticket for Football games, and then access to every other sporting event. It is no different than season tickets. We have sold over 10,000 season tickets, but people either don't care or are too lazy. They don't even give the tickets away for free. We have enough tickets sold between students and season ticket holders to fill the stadium up. When we are 11-1 entering SEC play they will show up and say they were there all along and knew this team would turn it around, when in reality they were too lazy to go or too stupid to look up the schedule.

I don't think that's it. I just don't think people value going to these non conference games, especially the mid week games, because they can just watch them on tv.

If our stadium was the appropriate size for the level of program we have (about 10-12k), it wouldn't look nearly as bad as 4,000 in a 19000 seat arena.

OnTheHillHogFan

Quote from: jry04 on November 30, 2016, 09:40:16 am
Students don't get in free for Men's basketball. The $85 access pass gets you into football and men's basketball and then everything thing else is free
Quote from: JaketheSnake on November 07, 2012, 10:28:17 am
Shoot the Obama deer... the ones that come for the free corn.
Quote from: ReddieHawg on November 06, 2013, 09:38:24 am
Do you happen to have any rapping skills? I think we could set you up with DJ Khaled and you could make a song entitled, "All I Do Is Bitch"

The_Iceman

Quote from: OnTheHillHogFan on November 30, 2016, 05:24:06 pm
Students don't get in free for Men's basketball. The $85 access pass gets you into football and men's basketball and then everything thing else is free

Just depends on how you look at it.

FineAsSwine

Anyone know how much Brown enjoyed his visit?

Kevin McPherson

Quote from: FineAsSwine on November 30, 2016, 07:59:21 pm
Anyone know how much Brown enjoyed his visit?

Spoke with him today. He loves Arkansas, the coaches, and the practice facility ... has enjoyed each visit.

FineAsSwine

Quote from: HOGdayafternoon on November 30, 2016, 09:02:58 pm
Spoke with him today. He loves Arkansas, the coaches, and the practice facility ... has enjoyed each visit.

That's great! He seems to be having a good start to the season. Hopefully he will be a Hog.

jry04

Quote from: OnTheHillHogFan on November 30, 2016, 05:24:06 pm
If that is how you choose to look at it. Does it really matter? I think most students would agree that they would pay $15/ticket for football. If that is true, then they are purchasing the access pass for football and then they get in basketball for free as a bonus. Regardless of how it is broken down, there are over 10,000 access passes ALREADY PURCHASED. It isn't that hard to understand. They are purchased, the students can go at no additional cost, but they aren't. Instead, they are using excuses like "I have to study" and "I did not know when the games were." Meanwhile Dickson is full every night on a school night, and the internet is a really simple thing to use to pull up a schedule.

OnTheHillHogFan

Quote from: jry04 on December 01, 2016, 07:51:46 am
If that is how you choose to look at it. Does it really matter? I think most students would agree that they would pay $15/ticket for football. If that is true, then they are purchasing the access pass for football and then they get in basketball for free as a bonus. Regardless of how it is broken down, there are over 10,000 access passes ALREADY PURCHASED. It isn't that hard to understand. They are purchased, the students can go at no additional cost, but they aren't. Instead, they are using excuses like "I have to study" and "I did not know when the games were." Meanwhile Dickson is full every night on a school night, and the internet is a really simple thing to use to pull up a schedule.
It's not how I look at it. They won't let you in a men's basketball game just because you are a student. You either have to have an access pass or buy a single game ticket.

http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/student-tickets/
Quote from: JaketheSnake on November 07, 2012, 10:28:17 am
Shoot the Obama deer... the ones that come for the free corn.
Quote from: ReddieHawg on November 06, 2013, 09:38:24 am
Do you happen to have any rapping skills? I think we could set you up with DJ Khaled and you could make a song entitled, "All I Do Is Bitch"

The_Iceman

Quote from: OnTheHillHogFan on December 01, 2016, 10:25:43 am
It's not how I look at it. They won't let you in a men's basketball game just because you are a student. You either have to have an access pass or buy a single game ticket.

I think you are missing the point. Football season is first, and you buy the pass beforehand. When I was a student, I don't remember anyone saying "oh great, I can buy this and get into football and basketball games!" They bought it to see the football games, whether that's how it's marked or not.

jry04

Quote from: OnTheHillHogFan on December 01, 2016, 10:25:43 am

Access passes went on sale at the start of the school year, months before basketball season started. Over 10,000 were purchased, and the student section was filled up for nearly every football game. Those same students get access to the basketball games at ZERO additional charge because they already purchased the access pass for football. Most students would agree that they bought the pass for football, and then get in basketball free. You are saying they buy it for both, and get the others events for free. Regardless of how you break it down, those passes are already sold, and attached to 10,000+ student IDs, but aren't being used despite the money already being paid for them. That is the point. Almost half of the student body do not have to pay any money right now to entire the basketball arena because they paid for that during football season. 

The_Bionic_Pig

December 29th vs #24 Florida should be TV worthy as it's after Christmas with absolutely nothing else going on in 40 degree weather in Fayetteville.

The previous week (Thursday) they will atleast get more than half filled arena vs Sam Houston St (who?????) In North Little Rock and save fans a 3 hour drive.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

The_Iceman

poloprince

$PoLoPrInCe$

Razorod

Quote from: poloprince on December 03, 2016, 07:13:09 am
Oh my
I wonder how close he is to a committable offer? He's visited the campus twice and seems to really like it. This is at least his second impressive performance this young season. Wish he had more of a true small forward, wing game to him, but they did a good job with Qualls who came in a bit raw and developed.

The_Iceman

Kevin McPherson

Here's a more in-depth look at Rodgerick's 2 games over the weekend, and what his stats look like thru 6 games this season ... you can get news and updates real time by following me on Twitter @ARHoopScoop ...

https://twitter.com/ARHoopScoop/status/804934537927131136

https://twitter.com/RodBrown_RB5/status/804935415505518593

https://twitter.com/ARHoopScoop/status/805290106080870404

https://twitter.com/ARHoopScoop/status/805567611006287872

hogwood

Quote from: Razorod on December 03, 2016, 08:22:58 am
I wonder how close he is to a committable offer? He's visited the campus twice and seems to really like it. This is at least his second impressive performance this young season. Wish he had more of a true small forward, wing game to him, but they did a good job with Qualls who came in a bit raw and developed.

He has a commitable offer now, he's just not committing yet.

IMO from what I have seen and heard, he does have a true wing/SF game. He has range, can drive to the hoop, play D, hit mid-rangers, create his own shot, finish at the rim, and rebound...

Kevin McPherson

Quote from: hogwood on December 05, 2016, 11:08:24 am
He has a commitable offer now, he's just not committing yet.

IMO from what I have seen and heard, he does have a true wing/SF game. He has range, can drive to the hoop, play D, hit mid-rangers, create his own shot, finish at the rim, and rebound...

That's not what I've been told. Hog coaches are still evaluating him. That could change tomorrow, but as of now that is what has been shared with me.

RealHog

Quote from: HOGdayafternoon on December 05, 2016, 06:06:12 pm
That's not what I've been told. Hog coaches are still evaluating him. That could change tomorrow, but as of now that is what has been shared with me.

Love the Bball recruiting updates HD, I'm pulling for Mike to turn it around.

hogwood

Quote from: HOGdayafternoon on December 05, 2016, 06:06:12 pm

My bad for the misinformation. Thought it was committable. I've also heard that Brown simply doesn't want to commit right now and would rather wait until next summer, which is why I figured he had a committable offer and just wasn't ready to take it yet.

NWAHog479

I only saw the box score, but didn't he shut down John Petty? Saw Petty only had 13 points and Cordova ended up beating Jemison.

The_Iceman

The_Iceman

Quote from: Rock City Razorback on February 22, 2017, 03:38:59 am
I could see him growing a bit more and being a productive 4 in this system. I really like his game and attitude!

I would rather see him develop his skills and play at the SF spot behind Darious Hall. I like having the big guard/forward at the 3 spot like Michael Qualls was. Helps our overall team rebounding and ability to finish inside.

dawn2tusk

Could someone compare and contrast Brown and Bailey?

The_Iceman

Quote from: Rock City Razorback on February 22, 2017, 10:37:32 am
I see your point, but it doesn't appear that we would have any kind of reliable 4. Maybe Hazen will develop, but don't see it that often in CBB if they're not playing much freshman year. I know the staff is looking at PGs to closeout the 2017 class, so that still would leave the roster on the short end when 2018 would be freshmen. Brown has a great build and has a knack for rebounds and blocks. I see Hall as more of a 3.

Reggie Perry and Ethan Henderson are both 4's. Gafford is a 5, but he needs a backup. Bailey is a 3/4 combo, while Hall is a true 3.