Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2018 PG...

Started by Swinesong1, November 27, 2016, 12:20:21 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jseinfeld50

Is he the nephew of Derek Fisher and son of Fisher's brother Duane Washington???

Swinesong1

Quote from: jseinfeld50 on November 27, 2016, 12:52:35 pm
Is he the nephew of Derek Fisher and son of Fisher's brother Duane Washington???
was wondering same thing.

Kevin McPherson

Swinesong1

His Dad was actually pretty good.  NBA career derailed by drugs.

Kevin McPherson

Quote from: Swinesong1 on November 27, 2016, 03:33:46 pm

Not sure if joking or serious, but you're talking about "The Pearl", NYC legend who went to Syracuse about the same time that NYC hooper Kenny Hutchinson went to play for Eddie Sutton and the Razorbacks. He's not this kid's dad.

songofthesword

Derek Fisher's older brother had a cup of coffee int he NBA 10 years or so before D fish played for the lakers, and his career was derailed by drugs as well.  Ironic i know but it's true.

FineAsSwine

Sounds like Michigan or Michigan State for his services.
Hogs up! Covid down!

Swinesong1

Quote from: HOGdayafternoon on November 27, 2016, 04:00:01 pm
Not sure if joking or serious, but you're talking about "The Pearl", NYC legend who went to Syracuse about the same time that NYC hooper Kenny Hutchinson went to play for Eddie Sutton and the Razorbacks. He's not this kid's dad.
Different Duane.  Am very serious.

Swinesong1

Quote from: HOGdayafternoon on November 27, 2016, 04:00:01 pm
Not sure if joking or serious, but you're talking about "The Pearl", NYC legend who went to Syracuse about the same time that NYC hooper Kenny Hutchinson went to play for Eddie Sutton and the Razorbacks. He's not this kid's dad. http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/w/washidu01.html

Letsroll1200

This staff is aggressive on the recruiting trail.

hogwood

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on November 27, 2016, 07:38:17 pm
This staff is aggressive on the recruiting trail

My thinking would lead me to believe Scotty is involved with this kid. He's up north and is a guard.

azhog10

Quote from: jseinfeld50 on November 27, 2016, 12:52:35 pm
When I lived in GR i watched this kid play some growing up. Duane would come into the MVP Sports complex and run in the adult league they had. Not sure who his son plays club for, but there was a time he played with the GR Storm, I used to coach for them back when I got into coaching high school.

Big Nasty 34

Could use a point guard after Barford, Macon, and Beard graduate.

Kevin McPherson

Kevin McPherson

Quote from: Swinesong1 on November 27, 2016, 03:33:46 pm

Quote from: songofthesword on November 27, 2016, 05:02:50 pm
Derek Fisher's older brother had a cup of coffee int he NBA 10 years or so before D fish played for the lakers, and his career was derailed by drugs as well.  Ironic i know but it's true.

You're right, thanks for clarifying. Honestly did not remember Duane Washington Sr. every playing in the NBA -- he got in 14 games before being suspended, then years later played 5 games.

1highhog

Quote from: Big Nasty 34 on December 05, 2016, 11:46:27 am
Could use a point guard after Barford, Macon, and Beard graduate.

What's the latest on Coach Fitz Hill's son?  I think that's who I'm thinking of, someone correct me if I'm wrong, but Hill used to be on Nutts staff and now has some job at a small College in LR.  But I thought I read on the Recruiting Forum about a year back that he had a son that was a PG that was wanting to go to the UofA and was pretty good.  Can anyone help me out on this?

FineAsSwine

Quote from: 1highhog on January 06, 2017, 01:49:17 pm
What's the latest on Coach Fitz Hill's son?  I think that's who I'm thinking of, someone correct me if I'm wrong, but Hill used to be on Nutts staff and now has some job at a small College in LR.  But I thought I read on the Recruiting Forum about a year back that he had a son that was a PG that was wanting to go to the UofA and was pretty good.  Can anyone help me out on this?

http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=611140.0

http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=614050.0
Hogs up! Covid down!

HardingHog

https://twitter.com/Rameybasketball/status/821063345830850560

It's slightly ridiculous, but we're in the "Top 13" for 2018 PG Courtney Ramey

hogwood

Quote from: HardingHog on January 16, 2017, 03:28:04 pm
https://twitter.com/Rameybasketball/status/821063345830850560

It's slightly ridiculous, but we're in the "Top 13" for 2018 PG Courtney Ramey

Interesting that St. Louis did not make the list. I guess playing with Gordon isn't that important to him.

mhuff

Quote from: hogwood on January 17, 2017, 06:21:49 pm
Interesting that St. Louis did not make the list. I guess playing with Gordon isn't that important to him.

My thoughts as well

The_Iceman

We need a PG like him so bad.

Biggus Piggus

Arkansas needs a point guard for next season. They do not have one now. A bunch of combo guards, yes. Point guard, no. MA knows this.
[CENSORED]!

Hawg Red

Has anyone read/heard/been told any advanced info on where we stand with Ramey? Making a top 13 doesn't tell me very much.

hogwood

Quote from: Hawg Red on January 18, 2017, 01:09:57 pm
Has anyone read/heard/been told any advanced info on where we stand with Ramey? Making a top 13 doesn't tell me very much.

I've read that Thurman is making an impression on him. He has been up to St. Louis to see practices and games. Anderson also has a long-term relationship with the father as well as with Courtney. I think they are both fairly interested. I would be surprised if we don't get a visit/serious consideration.

OnTheHillHogFan

We have a really good chance of landing him according to one recruiting writer who wears a cardinals/cowboys/celtics gear everyday.
Quote from: JaketheSnake on November 07, 2012, 10:28:17 am
Shoot the Obama deer... the ones that come for the free corn.
Quote from: ReddieHawg on November 06, 2013, 09:38:24 am
Do you happen to have any rapping skills? I think we could set you up with DJ Khaled and you could make a song entitled, "All I Do Is Bitch"

Kevin McPherson

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on January 18, 2017, 12:53:32 pm
Arkansas needs a point guard for next season. They do not have one now. A bunch of combo guards, yes. Point guard, no. MA knows this.

Agree. Have said the same thing. A big to finish '17 has been priority No. 1 and probably still should be, but facilitator / PG should be 1A ... only 1 more to give, but if someone leaves it could open up 2 spots to fill both needs.

Hog coaches are cautiously optimistic, and Ramey is at the top of their board of current uncommitted recruiting targets for '18.

Quote from: hogwood on January 18, 2017, 01:26:32 pm
I've read that Thurman is making an impression on him. He has been up to St. Louis to see practices and games. Anderson also has a long-term relationship with the father as well as with Courtney. I think they are both fairly interested. I would be surprised if we don't get a visit/serious consideration.

He's actually taken at least 2 unofficial visits to Fayetteville in the past 12-18 months. If you mean he'll eventually take an OV here, I think UA coaches are optimistic that will happen, too.

navyhog24

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on January 18, 2017, 12:53:32 pm

Is Desi Sills not a floor general hard-nosed kind of PG?

Kevin McPherson

Quote from: navyhog24 on January 18, 2017, 06:58:37 pm
Is Desi Sills not a floor general hard-nosed kind of PG?

Combo guard, c/o 2018 ... won't be there next yr to help.

HardingHog

Quote from: OnTheHillHogFan on January 18, 2017, 03:02:28 pm
We have a really good chance of landing him according to one recruiting writer who wears a cardinals/cowboys/celtics gear everyday.

I think we'll be near the top of his list. If you made me pick his top school, it'd probably be Louisville currently though. But, considering he's still at 13 schools I think we have plenty of time to make more impressions on this kid

The_Iceman

Finally making the tournament again will definitely help in recruiting him.

Kevin McPherson

Just gonna throw this list out again for 2018 ... we are looking at 10 to 15 kids, but these 5 are at the top of the wish list and I'll have a lot more detail / a more in-depth look published at SportingLifeArkansas.com in the next few days ...

* Courtney Ramey ... offer
* Rodgerick Brown ... offer
* Keyshawn Embery ... look for Hogs to go see him play within the next 10 days and offer ... I said weeks ago that he was in their top 5 because I knew they were going to offer soon.
* DJ Weaver ... offer
* T.J. Moss ... offer

The_Iceman

Quote from: HOGdayafternoon on January 19, 2017, 09:56:59 am
Just gonna throw this list out again for 2018 ... we are looking at 10 to 15 kids, but these 5 are at the top of the wish list and I'll have a lot more detail / a more in-depth look published at SportingLifeArkansas.com in the next few days ...

* Keyshawn Embery ... look for Hogs to go see him play within the next 10 days and offer ... I said weeks ago that he was in their top 5 because I knew they were going to offer soon.
* DJ Weaver ... offer
* T.J. Moss ... offer

I would love to finish off the class with Ramey and Brown, and maybe a JUCO center to backup Gafford. Gotta get that backup big man at some point.

hogwood

Quote from: The_Iceman on January 19, 2017, 10:11:43 am
I would love to finish off the class with Ramey and Brown, and maybe a JUCO center to backup Gafford. Gotta get that backup big man at some point.

That would be super solid.

Ramey a CG with true PG skills. Brown a true SF but can play SG. The backup 4/5 needs to be true-ish to position and not a CF. That would bridge all the gaps we currently have.

Big Nasty 34

* DJ Weaver ... offer
* T.J. Moss ... offer

Watched Moss in the Bass Pro Tournament of Champions and was a bit disappointed. Didn't do a whole lot on either end in games averaging 6ppg on 6-32 FG and 3-15 3pfg in a D1 arena against several future D1 guys.

NWAHog479

* DJ Weaver ... offer
* T.J. Moss ... offer

Are we not after Alex Lomax?

Kevin McPherson

Quote from: NWAHog479 on January 19, 2017, 11:17:17 am
Are we not after Alex Lomax?

Yes, but I just put out the current top 5 as I see it based on conversations w/coaches and players. Lomax, Ryan Boyce, Greg Williams, Jacobi Gordon, and some others are in the mix, too. I've got a 2018 recruiting story that should go online at SportingLifeArkansas.com in the next few days.

Kevin McPherson

Quote from: The_Iceman on January 19, 2017, 10:11:43 am

Agree ... Hogs could use a PG next year, but if they could get Ramey in 2018, focus on a big to close 2017 and add Brown or Weaver to sew up '18.

Kevin McPherson

Quote from: Big Nasty 34 on January 19, 2017, 11:04:34 am
Watched Moss in the Bass Pro Tournament of Champions and was a bit disappointed. Didn't do a whole lot on either end in games averaging 6ppg on 6-32 FG and 3-15 3pfg in a D1 arena against several future D1 guys.

His offer is conditional, as are the rest outside of Ramey's. TJ has been really good at times, and not so much at others. Plays on a loaded team, so numbers sometimes don't tell the story. However, those shootings #s you posted are not good no matter the circumstances.

Hawg Red

January 27, 2017, 02:24:59 pm #40 Last Edit: January 27, 2017, 02:37:24 pm by Hawg Red
https://twitter.com/ebosshoops/status/825076380329246722

I think we may be a little out-gunned in our pursuit of Ramey. I know the coaches have been on him for a while and they are cautiously optimistic but I can't see an out-of-state kid of this caliber shunning Louisville after this kind of attention to come to Arkansas right now. Maybe in a few years we'll have some more clout.

I'm thinking Embery or Moss may be more viable.

Kevin McPherson

Quote from: Hawg Red on January 27, 2017, 02:24:59 pm

I think we may be a little out-gunned in our pursuit of Ramey. I know the coaches have been on him for a while and they are cautiously optimistic but I can't see an out-of-state kid of this caliber shunning Louisville after this kind of attention to come to Arkansas right now. Maybe in a few years we'll have some more clout.

I agree, and this is nothing new. Louisville has been considered the front-runner for months for Ramey.

The_Iceman

Quote from: Hawg Red on January 27, 2017, 02:24:59 pm

History tells us we have little ability to land an out of state recruit with no connections to the program, especially over the big schools.

Don't think Mike will land this one.

FBREW000

LOL, who knows....

Has all of the Louisville hooker gate stuff gone away?  hmmmm

HawgHeadCheese

Quote from: The_Iceman on January 27, 2017, 04:56:36 pm
History tells us we have little ability to land an out of state recruit with no connections to the program, especially over the big schools.

Don't think Mike will land this one.
We landed Jaylen Barford over Louisville last year. He had no connection to the program.

hogfanny

Ya got to be kiddin, they will keep that front and center at least until they secure all the recruits they want 8)

The_Iceman

Quote from: HawgHeadCheese on January 27, 2017, 07:55:03 pm
We landed Jaylen Barford over Louisville last year. He had no connection to the program.

One player in 5 years. Not one high school kid. And Barford's lead recruiter was arguably Daryl Macon.

RealHog

Quote from: The_Iceman on January 27, 2017, 10:44:32 pm
One player in 5 years. Not one high school kid. And Barford's lead recruiter was arguably Daryl Macon.

I wasn't ever sure if Barford got an offer from Louisville or just got interest. 247 didn't show an offer, but some kids stay quiet about it.

HawgHeadCheese

Quote from: The_Iceman on January 27, 2017, 10:44:32 pm

Some ppl just refuse to give credit.

King Kong

Quote from: HawgHeadCheese on January 28, 2017, 10:24:05 am
Some ppl just refuse to give credit.

Barford himself said Macon push was probably the main reason he came to Arkansas.

Now with that said Barford has also been complementary of our Staff as they have built a relationship with him since HS