Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Official 2016 Ryder Cup scoring prediction thread

Started by ricepig, September 29, 2016, 07:28:42 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ricepig

Dr. Starcs

In fairness, Sutton first criticized Phil over his choice of equipment.

I really didnt see anything wrong with what Phil said. He could've said much worse regarding Sutton's performance.

ricepig

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on September 29, 2016, 07:33:59 pm

I really didnt see anything wrong with what Phil said. He could've said much worse regarding Sutton's performance.

There's no prediction in that garbage. ^^^^

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on September 29, 2016, 07:33:59 pm

So you're predicting Phil over Hal?

US  15

Euros  13

Brooks Koepka gets the clinching point.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

root_hawg

Ill wait till I see the pairings but think there were some MAJOR mistakes today in the pairings...

At best ...

US 1.5
Euro 2.5

Spieth/ Reed halve and Kuchar / Johnson win; the rest are blowouts

Dr. Starcs

ricepig

Quote from: ricepig on September 29, 2016, 07:28:42 pm
US 16
Euro trash 12

Looks like I gave the Euros too much credit, but seriously, we should have dominated them like we did.

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: ricepig on October 02, 2016, 05:09:50 pm
Looks like I gave the Euros too much credit, but seriously, we should have dominated them like we did.
for once, the Euros weren't the only team running in 50 footers and chipping in...I think the Cup turned on a dime, when Reed holed it out for a deuce (an eagle) from just over 130 yds on Saturday...that was the dagger the Euros just couldn't quite recover from
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

root_hawg

Bet there will be some rough when they play in Paris in 2 years

ricepig

Quote from: root_hawg on September 29, 2016, 07:49:14 pm
Ill wait till I see the pairings but think there were some MAJOR mistakes today in the pairings...

At best ...

US 1.5
Euro 2.5

Spieth/ Reed halve and Kuchar / Johnson win; the rest are blowouts

Just barely missed this one.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

HognitiveDissonance

The Phil/Sergio match on Sunday was one of the best ever.

Europe has always played with a chip on their shoulder. They want it more.

For some reason, Patrick Reed is like that too. He turns into an animal in these situations. That's the kind of guy you need. The typical superstar American player can't usually get as motivated for the Ryder Cup like the Euros can, but Reed can. I can easily see Reed playing that well again in two years, however, it will be interesting to see if the others revert back to blase' form and let the Euros out-motivate them.