Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Kimber Micro .380 W Crimson Trace

Started by ChromDome35, July 09, 2016, 12:59:42 am

Previous topic - Next topic

ChromDome35

Thinking about getting one of these for my wife as her CCW.

Anyone have any experiance with it?

95_alum

ChromDome35

She hasn't shot one, but it fits her hand well.  She has small hands and has had several surgeries on her right wrist which makes it a bit weak.

She's interested in it, but asked me to do some research on it before we bought it.

95_alum

My buddy had one, NIB. Nothing but problems from the get go. Failure to go in to battery, FTF, FTE. With the name & high price, he thought he had a high quality pistol. It was a lemmon. Sent it to Kimber, Kimber said they resolved the issues. That was not the case. The box store where he had purchased it refunded his money.
Should also be noted that the manual recommends self defense rounds. He fed it with various brands that he could find. The results were the same.

TheOtherColombia

Glock 42.  Could not be happier with ours. 

ChromDome35

Quote from: 95_alum on July 11, 2016, 03:21:29 pm
My buddy had one, NIB. Nothing but problems from the get go. Failure to go in to battery, FTF, FTE. With the name & high price, he thought he had a high quality pistol. It was a lemmon. Sent it to Kimber, Kimber said they resolved the issues. That was not the case. The box store where he had purchased it refunded his money.
Should also be noted that the manual recommends self defense rounds. He fed it with various brands that he could find. The results were the same.

Thanks for the feedback.

I've read a few similar comments online.  I think we'll pass on the Kimber.

The Glock 42 is definitely one I want her to try.

TheOtherColombia

Quote from: ChromDome35 on July 14, 2016, 08:35:40 am
Thanks for the feedback.

I've read a few similar comments online.  I think we'll pass on the Kimber.

The Glock 42 is definitely one I want her to try.

I haven't put any hollow points through ours (cannot decide what I want to try) but I have shot wwb, Remington green box, and even some perfecta and other than when my wife was limp wristing the gun getting used to it, haven't had an issue one with it.  It is a fun gun on the range, could shoot it all day.  It is almost as much fun to shoot as my tacticool 22 :)  Would like more capacity, but I suppose that can be overcome with just buying more mags. 

ChromDome35

So she ended up going with a Sig P238.   She liked the way it felt in her hand the best.

It shot very nice at the range.

DeltaBoy

Sig are a quality gun. It should serve her well.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.