Prep Hoops Florida ‏@prephoopsfl  43m43 minutes ago
Sylvain Francisco has been offered by Arkansas. @S_CISCO_2

http://247sports.com/Player/Sylvain-Francisco-86630

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ROr8_jzrSoc

poloprince

I'd take him as the pg for the 2017 class without hesitation.  :razorback:
$PoLoPrInCe$

FineAsSwine

I like his moves. Could be a nice addition. Pretty aggressive off the dribble.

Scott7703

I worry about the level of competition he plays against.

PigDaddyKane

Quote from: poloprince on May 25, 2016, 04:56:25 pm
I'd take him as the pg for the 2017 class without hesitation.  :razorback:

Here's my worry on point guard.  I looked at the highlight clip,  didn't see any passing.  If I'm being recruited as a PG, show me some passing.
The only person on Hogville without an inside source for Razorback news!

rude1

Small 3* guard, don't see a lot here to get excited about.

HOGINTENNESSEE

May 25, 2016, 08:39:10 pm #6 Last Edit: May 25, 2016, 09:19:04 pm by HOGINTENNESSEE
Quote from: rude1 on May 25, 2016, 08:25:41 pm

Just offered by Texas yesterday. Will probably be close to a 4 star at some point in the next year.

hogwood

I like that the staff seems to be getting in with players that are underrated and expected to make a jump. These are the kids we can get in with early and have a good chance with while we are still looking for tournament success. Looks like a talented kid. I'd be excited to have him onboard.

azhog10

Quote from: rude1 on May 25, 2016, 08:25:41 pm
Lol you crack me up.

Big Nasty 34

He looks like he could be Barfords little brother lol

ShadowHawg

Quote from: PigDaddyKane on May 25, 2016, 08:21:52 pm
Here's my worry on point guard.  I looked at the highlight clip,  didn't see any passing.  If I'm being recruited as a PG, show me some passing.

Ever heard of a score first point guard before? Kevin Johnson, Steve Francis, etc

poloprince

Quote from: PigDaddyKane on May 25, 2016, 08:21:52 pm

It's a short highlight and there are others out there for your viewing, but he can pass as well as put in the hoop.
$PoLoPrInCe$

King Kong

May 26, 2016, 08:06:06 am #12 Last Edit: May 26, 2016, 10:49:07 am by King Kong
I expect this kids recruiting to continue to blow up over the next few months

http://rhodyrampage.com/2016/04/30/rhode-island-basketball-recruiting-rams-offer-2017-g-sylvain-francisco/

Above article was before Texas and Arkansas offered this week

rude1

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on May 25, 2016, 08:39:10 pm
Just offered by Texas yesterday. Will probably be close to a 4 star at some point in the next year.
He didn't get any bigger with that Tx offer did he?

rude1

Quote from: azhog10 on May 25, 2016, 10:00:25 pm
Lol you crack me up.
Maybe 6'0 160 lbs. 3* guards just don't do a lot for me when I think about what it takes to win at a high level.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: rude1 on May 26, 2016, 07:01:27 pm
He didn't get any bigger with that Tx offer did he?

What? Are dismissing him based on being 6 foot? If so that isn't the smartest position as there are numerous examples of all conference players at that height

rude1

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on May 26, 2016, 07:39:30 pm
What? Are dismissing him based on being 6 foot? If so that isn't the smartest position as there are numerous examples of all conference players at that height
He is small and with not overly impressive quickness IMO. I just didn't see a lot to be excited about and can understand why is rated a 3* prospect. The reality is that big time programs aren't built with this caliber of player.

King Kong

Quote from: rude1 on May 26, 2016, 07:58:02 pm
The reality is that big time programs aren't built with this caliber of player.

Reality is its only May and he already has 3 P5 offers.

rude1

Quote from: King Kong on May 26, 2016, 08:17:16 pm
Reality is its only May and he already has 3 P5 offers.
KY offered Micheal Sanchez. Sometimes it's not about how many P5 offers you may or may not have.  From what I saw his game doesn't translate well at this size to a P5 conference.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: rude1 on May 26, 2016, 08:42:58 pm
KY offered Micheal Sanchez. Sometimes it's not about how many P5 offers you may or may not have.  From what I saw his game doesn't translate well at this size to a P5 conference.

So, ignore offer lists. Got it makes perfect sense. Now I'm not as upset about losing Malik Monk

King Kong

Aren't you the poster that said Hannahs would only be good as a walk candidate?

I'll go with P5 coaches offer over your opinion of a 2 highlight clip.

rude1

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on May 26, 2016, 08:51:45 pm
So, ignore offer lists. Got it makes perfect sense. Now I'm not as upset about losing Malik Monk
5* vs 3*, makes perfect sense.

rude1

Quote from: King Kong on May 26, 2016, 08:58:30 pm
Aren't you the poster that said Hannahs would only be good as a walk candidate?

I'll go with P5 coaches offer over your opinion of a 2 highlight clip.
Hannahs was better than expected, we actually went .500 with him playing.

RealHog

I prefer offer list to recruiting services all things being equal. It's the closest indicator you can have to possible success. I like the recruiting services for providing us with a general idea and things to talk about, but it's not near as nice as getting a recruit with a heavy offer list. Now if we offer kids early who end up with nice offers, that a completely different thing entirely and a great sign. Shows someone is doing homework and being proactive. Maybe Scotty is a natural talent scout.

hogwood

After watching other videos, this kid might be one of my favorite offers in this class. Very talented and fits perfectly. Good foresight by the staff to get on him now. He's also from France.

Jonteviosk

Rude1 is posting on here because he thinks CMA is going to let him play PG lol.
You never know in advance what the outcome of any given situation is so either get busy living or get busy dying.

Dwight_K_Shrute

The hair, the name, the game.  The total package.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

mbgrulz

Anybody else notice that he NEVER goes left for more than 1 setup dribble? He'll have to work on that. Other than that, I like him. love little guys who can get up like that.

Hawg Red

Billy Gillespie Kentucky offered Sanchez, FTR.

hogwood

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on May 27, 2016, 10:05:23 am
The hair, the name, the game.  The total package.

Haha. That name could draw fans in for sure.

Hawg Red

I like the looks of him. Fairly athletic, shifty. I got a good vibe from his video, if that even means anything. We're on some really good kids for 2017, I think. Looks like we'll have at least two spots to fill, maybe a third but we won't have a good feel for that until we see Barford in action. Looks like mostly perimeter players being recruited at this point by the staff, though I'd like to see go out an get a big man but it won't be the end of the world if we don't. We'll have plenty of senior frontcourt players and Gafford, though it'd be good to get a guy in to develop and have some experience for when those guys depart.

hogwood

Anyone know how the math would work out if we don't fill the last 2016 spot? Would that still give 2017 4 spots or allow for 5? Trying to fit this kid into the picture while still getting Ridder plus a big or one of the other guards (Anderson/Johnson/Garland)...

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: mbgrulz on May 27, 2016, 11:13:32 am
Anybody else notice that he NEVER goes left for more than 1 setup dribble? He'll have to work on that. Other than that, I like him. love little guys who can get up like that.

I actually did notice that.  I just recently started looking for that when watching. Highlights and noticed jaylen fisher was really bad about relying on his right hand only.  Whitt was great about using his left hand.

Hawg Red

Quote from: hogwood on May 27, 2016, 11:41:23 am
Anyone know how the math would work out if we don't fill the last 2016 spot? Would that still give 2017 4 spots or allow for 5? Trying to fit this kid into the picture while still getting Ridder plus a big or one of the other guards (Anderson/Johnson/Garland)...

Two available spots for next year, assuming no one is added that had eligibility that extends into 2017-2018.

Hannahs outgoing + Kingsley outgoing + Watkins outgoing + Jenkins non-replacement - Gafford - Hall = 2 scholarships left for 2017.

azhog10

Quote from: Hawg Red on May 27, 2016, 01:12:33 pm
Two available spots for next year, assuming no one is added that had eligibility that extends into 2017-2018.

Hannahs outgoing + Kingsley outgoing + Watkins outgoing + Jenkins non-replacement - Gafford - Hall = 2 scholarships left for 2017.
I think we should be recruiting to fill 3. Just in case Barford leaves early. Don't get caught by surprise again.

Hawg Red

Quote from: azhog10 on May 27, 2016, 02:00:58 pm
I think we should be recruiting to fill 3. Just in case Barford leaves early. Don't get caught by surprise again.

It feels like they are maybe recruiting with that thought.

azhog10

Quote from: Hawg Red on May 27, 2016, 02:03:28 pm
It feels like they are maybe recruiting with that thought.
That's how it feels to me as well.

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: rude1 on May 26, 2016, 09:16:14 pm
Hannahs was better than expected, we actually went .500 with him playing.

Not better than THE COACHES expected. Goob.
[CENSORED]!

Hogs49ers

Is there any word on this PG?  Any chance we use our final spot on him?

Sylvain Francisco (PG) - 6'0, 160 -- Tavares, FL (Liberty Christian Academy) (via France) 
   - Rating: 3-star (Rivals)
   - Offers: Arkansas, Texas, Kansas State, Rhode Island, Murray State, Wyoming

SCREW Vandy!

ricepig

Quote from: Rock City Razorback on April 03, 2017, 02:32:55 pm
Wonder if they don't feel good about landing Zhaire Smith.

That ship has sailed, or at least has permission from the harbor master to leave.

sickboy

Quote from: Rock City Razorback on April 03, 2017, 02:32:55 pm
Wonder if they don't feel good about landing Zhaire Smith.

Yeah, as Rice said -- I think Zhaire and Arkansas aren't dating anymore.

NWAHog479

When was our last contact with Francisco? Haven't seen his name around recently...

HardingHog

Quote from: The ColonelHog on April 04, 2017, 10:23:45 am
5'11, 200 lbs = Joel Berry III!  I Think his team won on a high level!

Except for the fact that Berry was a top 5 PG in his class  (on 247 he's only behind Ulis, Tyus Jones, and Mudiay)

Hawg Red

Quote from: HardingHog on April 04, 2017, 01:35:53 pm
Except for the fact that Berry was a top 5 PG in his class  (on 247 he's only behind Ulis, Tyus Jones, and Mudiay)

And played with a bunch of other guys that were probably top 5 at their position in their respective classes, so it wasn't like he was carrying them either. It's easier to overcome shortcomings when you are surrounding with superior talent.

Hawg Red

Quote from: Rock City Razorback on April 03, 2017, 06:16:45 pm
Also: this kid reminds me a bit of Courtney Fortson and a bit of Barford. Not as quick as CF and not as big as Barford, but I see a lot of similarities in certain areas of both.

I can see that as well, but the absolutely non-existent recruiting information on him since around the time we "offered" tells me he's likely JUCO bound. This is also probably why his recruiting ranking isn't higher (like Javon Franklin). Recruiting services will just give up putting effort into ranking a kid if they know he's going JUCO.

NWAHog479

Is he going to make a visit? Offer still stands I'm sure, but haven't heard anything on this guy recently...

klp1

Quote from: NWAHog479 on April 20, 2017, 01:44:31 pm
Is he going to make a visit? Offer still stands I'm sure, but haven't heard anything on this guy recently...

He must not be a qualified.  His recruiting is too quite. 

Hawg Red

Quote from: klp1 on April 20, 2017, 03:28:51 pm
He must not be a qualified.  His recruiting is too quite.

"Quite" is being generous. His recruiting is dead.

AlmaHog2011

Quote from: ShadowHawg on May 26, 2016, 07:35:30 am
Ever heard of a score first point guard before? Kevin Johnson, Steve Francis, etc

Did those guys win a Championship? Great PGs are pass first types.

Big Nasty 34

Quote from: AlmaHog2011 on April 21, 2017, 10:05:13 am
Did those guys win a Championship? Great PGs are pass first types.

It would be awesome to see Steph Curry and Kyrie Irving try to score, then!

The game has evolved, everyone wants to score. There's not much of a demand for old school point guards. But, that's why Lonzo Ball made UCLA a legit team because he is a really great passer for today's standards and actually looks to facilitate.