Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Atlanta Braves 2015

Started by ucahogfan, April 05, 2015, 05:54:45 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

razorJAcker

This team has proven to be much better than anybody gave it credit for.  Sitting at .500 and just 3 games back despite not playing that well since the opening week.  It's obvious the big weakness to this team is the bullpen.  The bullpen has blown several leads lately and has a majors worst 4.71 ERA on the season.  This team could be leading the division with just an average bullpen.

AirForceHog

Another blown lead today.
If it turns, burns, banks or rolls, crew chiefs made it happen.

razorJAcker

Quote from: AirForceHog on June 03, 2015, 06:50:25 pm
Another blown lead today.

Yep, two days in a row.  Should be sitting on a 5 game winning streak instead of a 2 game losing streak.

gutshot

Disappointed in the Braves day 1 draft.  Allard was a great pick.  Everyone else was an overdraft that could have been had in later rounds.  The minor league system is severely lacking in impact bats and this was the one year the Braves could have afforded to take a shot at one without putting all of their eggs in one basket.   

razorJAcker

Braves' bullpen ERA has gotten even worse and now sits at a majors' worst 4.75.  Braves have lost 8 of their last 27 games when leading after the 6th inning.  Still, they come into this weekend's crucial series against the Mets just 2.5 games back of the Mets and 2 back of the Nats.  I'll say it once again - This team could be in first place by several games with just an average bullpen.

ucahogfan

JJ Cooper ‏@jjcoop36  · 34m34 minutes ago 
To say this trade makes no sense for the Diamondbacks is borderline obvious. Braves just bought a first-round arm at close to no other cost.

JJ Cooper ‏@jjcoop36  · 32m32 minutes ago 
For the Braves? Easy slam dunk. Take on some salary and trade away an inf who doesn't fit in their plans for a great arm? Sure.

JJ Cooper ‏@jjcoop36  · 26m26 minutes ago 
If MLB was a league with a salary cap I could understand this deal. It's not. There is no upside to this deal if you are a Dbacks fan.

JJ Cooper ‏@jjcoop36  · 23m23 minutes ago 
Is there a chance Touki doesn't put it together? Sure. But he would have gone higher if he was draft eligible this year. Wow.

Ben Badler ‏@BenBadler  · 7m7 minutes ago 
The D-Backs sold Touki Toussaint for $10 million, five months after paying $16 million (with tax) for Yoan Lopez, who is not as good.

Ben Badler ‏@BenBadler  · 5m5 minutes ago 
Not only that, but the D-Backs have the top international bonus pool. Signing Lopez prevents them any signings above $300K for two years.

Ben Badler ‏@BenBadler  · 1m1 minute ago 
Meanwhile, the Braves paid $10 million to add a Top 100 prospect and might blitz the international market in 2016. Way better strategy.

Jim Callis ‏@jimcallisMLB  · 52m52 minutes ago 
Most inexplicable trade ever. He'll be No. 4. @TJP_89: Where does Toussaint come in on the @Braves top 30? On Cloud 9 with this trade.

Jim Callis ‏@jimcallisMLB  · 44m44 minutes ago 
Touki Toussaint giveaway by @Dbacks to @Braves to dump $9.5 mil of Bronson Arroyo's salary is the most inexplicable trade I have ever seen.

Jim Callis ‏@jimcallisMLB  · 38m38 minutes ago 
I heard 92-96 w/plus secondary last night. @tulorox2: they must know something about Touki that everyone else not privy to? @Braves @Dbacks

ucahogfan

I'm still in shock that Hart was able to land a top 100 prospect and potential ace with two potential 70 pitches for a backup INF and about 10M dollars in salary.  Here are a couple of articles about the trade:

http://m.dbacks.mlb.com/news/article/132014966/touki-toussaint-acquisition-a-coup-for-atlanta-braves

http://www.foxsports.com/mlb/story/atlanta-braves-arizona-diamondbacks-mlb-trade-touki-toussaint-bronson-arroyo-phil-gosselin-062115

It is interesting to note that we are only 2 games worse right now than at the same point last year.  That is crazy to think since we shipped off pretty much all of our veterans to re-stock our farm.

clutch

Quote from: ucahogfan on June 21, 2015, 12:19:16 pm
I'm still in shock that Hart was able to land a top 100 prospect and potential ace with two potential 70 pitches for a backup INF and about 10M dollars in salary.  Here are a couple of articles about the trade:

http://m.dbacks.mlb.com/news/article/132014966/touki-toussaint-acquisition-a-coup-for-atlanta-braves

http://www.foxsports.com/mlb/story/atlanta-braves-arizona-diamondbacks-mlb-trade-touki-toussaint-bronson-arroyo-phil-gosselin-062115

It is interesting to note that we are only 2 games worse right now than at the same point last year.  That is crazy to think since we shipped off pretty much all of our veterans to re-stock our farm.

What's up with that? Is there something the Dbacks knew about him that they aren't sharing?

bulldog04

They better have a full exam performed on this dude.  Doesn't make any sense

bulldog04

ucahogfan

Quote from: clutch on June 21, 2015, 01:14:53 pm
What's up with that? Is there something the Dbacks knew about him that they aren't sharing?
They would rather bet on a bunch of older guys with lower ceilings and higher floors than a teenager with two potential 70 grade pitches.  Outside of Archie Bradley, Touissant was probably the one guy in their system who could be an ace.  I'm thrilled with the high risk approach we took here.  Well, trading a backup INF for a potential ace probably isn't that high risk.

ucahogfan

Today is an exciting day as we get to see Smoltz take his rightful place in Cooperstown along with Maddux and Glavine.

And he goes in with a great class when you have the Big Unit, Pedro, and Biggio.  A great day for baseball.

ucahogfan

Quote from: bulldog04 on June 21, 2015, 04:03:19 pm
They better have a full exam performed on this dude.  Doesn't make any sense
Early returns look to be pretty positive on Touissant.  Maybe we are letting him throw his curveball finally while the DBacks weren't this year as it is one of the best breaking balls in the minor leagues.  He has been very wild with 16 BBs in 25.1 IP, but he has also allowed only 13 hits.

ucahogfan

Ken Rosenthal ‏@Ken_Rosenthal  · 1h1 hour ago 
Source: #Braves are third team in #Marlins-#Dodgers deal. Do not know further details.

Ken Rosenthal ‏@Ken_Rosenthal  · 45m45 minutes ago 
#Braves lefty Alex Wood would go to #Dodgers if three-team deal with #Marlins is completed, sources tell me and @jonmorosi.

Ken Rosenthal ‏@Ken_Rosenthal  · 43m43 minutes ago 
#Braves reliever Jim Johnson also would go to #Dodgers, sources tell me and @jonmorosi. Morse and compensation pick would go to #Braves.

Ken Rosenthal ‏@Ken_Rosenthal  · 42m42 minutes ago 
So, if deal goes through, #Dodgers could end up with Latos and Wood for their rotation and Jim Johnson for their bullpen.

Ken Rosenthal ‏@Ken_Rosenthal  · 42m42 minutes ago 
What we do not know: The prospects that the #Dodgers would give up, and how they would be distributed to #Marlins and/or #Braves.

Ken Rosenthal ‏@Ken_Rosenthal  · 39m39 minutes ago 
As mentioned by @Joelsherman1, addition of Wood/Latos might not be end for #Dodgers. Could flip Wood in deal for Price or Hamels.

Ken Rosenthal ‏@Ken_Rosenthal  · 20m20 minutes ago 
Asked a rival executive if he thought #Dodgers' endgame was Hamels. He replied, "Price." Unlikely they will stop with this deal.

Mark Bowman ‏@mlbbowman  · 1h1 hour ago   Baltimore, MD   
The Dodgers have previously inquired about A.J. Pierzynski. Still no confirmation about how the #Braves might be linked to the LA-MIA deal

Mark Bowman ‏@mlbbowman  · 42m42 minutes ago   Baltimore, MD   
If the Braves deal w/ the Marlins and Dodgers is completed, Jose Peraza, Jim Johnson and Alex Wood could all be included.

Mark Bowman ‏@mlbbowman  · 35m35 minutes ago   Baltimore, MD   
The Braves have asked the Dodgers about Hector Olivera. He could also be involved if this three-team deal is completed.

Joel Sherman ‏@Joelsherman1  · 33m33 minutes ago 
Player #Braves would get back if 3-way deal goes thru is Hector Olivera, who they scouted heavily out of Cuba, but saw sign with #Dodgers

Joel Sherman ‏@Joelsherman1  · 30m30 minutes ago 
If 3-way deal finalized, #Braves are also getting competitive balance draft pick from #Marlins, which is currently No. 35. #Dodgers

Joel Sherman ‏@Joelsherman1  · 21m21 minutes ago 
#Braves also will be getting a big-lge reliever and a minor lge arm from #Dodgers when 3-way deal is final #Marlins

Joel Sherman ‏@Joelsherman1  · 19m19 minutes ago 
The power of $$: #Dodgers signed Hector Olivera to $62.5M deal in spring, now use him to get prospects to probably make play for Price

So we would be giving up a 24 year old LHP who has a bright future and is a Braves fan who would probably give us a hometown discount and a top 30 prospect (our top prospect) who is a 22 year old player who is a solid 2B in exchange for a 30 year old (albeit talented) 2B in Hector Olivera plus a comp pick (not a great pick) and a minor league arm as well as a major league reliever.

A couple of thoughts:

-  The Dodgers better be picking up ALL of Olivera's salary since we are completely going against Hart's MO of this past year and getting younger.

-  The minor league arm from the Dodgers better be Julio Urias since we are already have a lot of good arms in our farm system.

I'm not very happy seeing us trade the prospects in Wood and Peraza that the Dodgers will use to flip for Price/Hamels unless we get Urias back in this deal.

bulldog04

I wanted to keep Peraza.  Wood will never be an ace but a solid 3rd or 4th starter IMO. But acquiring an unproven 30 year old doesn't go with all the other moves the Braves made the last 10 months.  Which is getting younger and better players

gutshot

I am a fan of Alex Wood, but this deal doesn't break my heart.  They were going to have to deal from an area of strength and starting pitching and speedy middle infielders are the deepest pools they have to choose from.  I have always had doubts about Peraza living up to the hype he receives.  His OBP is almost completely batting average driven, and for a top of the order guy, that scares the crap out of me.  I think he has more value as a shortstop anyway, and I can't believe the Braves didn't have him playing at least a few games there to stay fresh at the position in case another team came calling for a shortstop.  I don't see his loss as much of a set-back when Ozhaino Albies is right behind him and possibly a better prospect anyway.  Offense has become an expensive commodity over the last few years, and the Braves are in dire need of real hitters if they want to be serious about 2017. 

Olivera has risks.  Alex Wood has risks. It might work out for both of them or neither.  One thing is for sure.  An offense with Markakis, Peterson, Peraza, Simmons, and Mallex Smith was never going to get the Braves to October.  They have to have some punch...even more than just Olivera. 

gutshot

Another thing that the comp pick brings out of this trade...As it stands right now, the Braves will get a protected top 10 pick in the draft next season. If they sign a free agent this off season (could go after a pretty good starting pitcher) with a qualifying offer attached, they would lose their 2nd round pick.  This comp pick gives them a higher selection than that 2nd round pick they would stand to lose.  They have plenty of money to spend on somebody better than a Derek Lowe/BJ Upton type free agent if they chose to go that route and they still would have two top 35 draft selections to work with.  Hart and Copollela are creative as hell, there's no doubt about that.  I like what they've done in this rebuild so far. 

gutshot

And one more thing about Olivera and I promise to quit replying to myself  ;D  The fact that Olivera has the flexibility to play 2nd, 3rd, or even Left Field by some accounts,... that allows the Braves to widen the search for the next bat without having to only focus on one or two positions.  That's big. 

ucahogfan

Quote from: gutshot on July 31, 2015, 09:28:28 am
I am a fan of Alex Wood, but this deal doesn't break my heart.  They were going to have to deal from an area of strength and starting pitching and speedy middle infielders are the deepest pools they have to choose from.  I have always had doubts about Peraza living up to the hype he receives.  His OBP is almost completely batting average driven, and for a top of the order guy, that scares the crap out of me.  I think he has more value as a shortstop anyway, and I can't believe the Braves didn't have him playing at least a few games there to stay fresh at the position in case another team came calling for a shortstop.  I don't see his loss as much of a set-back when Ozhaino Albies is right behind him and possibly a better prospect anyway.  Offense has become an expensive commodity over the last few years, and the Braves are in dire need of real hitters if they want to be serious about 2017. 

Olivera has risks.  Alex Wood has risks. It might work out for both of them or neither.  One thing is for sure.  An offense with Markakis, Peterson, Peraza, Simmons, and Mallex Smith was never going to get the Braves to October.  They have to have some punch...even more than just Olivera.
Yeah, I'm mad we gave up Wood and Peraza, but Olivera was someone we made a serious run after.  He can bring some thunder to pair with Freeman in the middle of the lineup.

Like you said, it would be interesting to see us make a run after a position player or two this offseason even if they have been given a qualifying offer because we will have two picks before the one we would lose.  The 2016 draft has an insane amount of college pitchers available next year who could be top of the rotation guys as well as a couple high school arms, but the position players look to be a little behind.  We know Hart will want to go after pitching so it is crucial we get a hitter or two IMO.

bulldog04

ucahogfan

Well, August was a rough month.  It looks like most of our young arms have hit a wall and we might be picking #1 overall next year.  While there isn't a sure fire #1 pick like you had with Strasburg or Harper, the 2016 draft has some exciting talent at the top of the draft.  In the college ranks, you have people like Puk at Florida, Hanson at OU, or even Jackson if he puts everything together to potentially go in the top 5-10.  In the high school ranks, you have Jason Groome who is a mid 90s LHP who is extremely young with a hammer or Blake Rutherford who is a potential superstar OF.

If we do have the #1 pick, it will probably carry a 9M slot value or something like that.  With no sure fire #1 guy, it would be nice for Hart to work a deal with one of the top guys for like 5.5M which would leave us a ton of money to play with and draft much more talented guys later on.

popcornhog

Quote from: ucahogfan on September 04, 2015, 10:02:54 pm
Well, August was a rough month.  It looks like most of our young arms have hit a wall and we might be picking #1 overall next year.  While there isn't a sure fire #1 pick like you had with Strasburg or Harper, the 2016 draft has some exciting talent at the top of the draft.  In the college ranks, you have people like Puk at Florida, Hanson at OU, or even Jackson if he puts everything together to potentially go in the top 5-10.  In the high school ranks, you have Jason Groome who is a mid 90s LHP who is extremely young with a hammer or Blake Rutherford who is a potential superstar OF.

If we do have the #1 pick, it will probably carry a 9M slot value or something like that.  With no sure fire #1 guy, it would be nice for Hart to work a deal with one of the top guys for like 5.5M which would leave us a ton of money to play with and draft much more talented guys later on.

Im going to catch the game on Sunday. Sitting in the infield club 316 behind the Cardinals dugout. How is that area? I haven't been to Turner Field in years.

I'm pumped to see the final game of the season and possibly see Shelby Miller pitch.
WPS

OnTheHillHogFan

Quote from: popcornhog on October 02, 2015, 02:20:37 pm
Im going to catch the game on Sunday. Sitting in the infield club 316 behind the Cardinals dugout. How is that area? I haven't been to Turner Field in years.

I'm pumped to see the final game of the season and possibly see Shelby Miller pitch.
Picked a good game to go to. Nice way to finish off the season especially with two of our young starters pitching well.
Quote from: JaketheSnake on November 07, 2012, 10:28:17 am
Shoot the Obama deer... the ones that come for the free corn.
Quote from: ReddieHawg on November 06, 2013, 09:38:24 am
Do you happen to have any rapping skills? I think we could set you up with DJ Khaled and you could make a song entitled, "All I Do Is Bitch"

popcornhog

Quote from: OnTheHillHogFan on October 04, 2015, 07:28:04 pm
Picked a good game to go to. Nice way to finish off the season especially with two of our young starters pitching well.

It was good to see Shelby get a win. I'm just glad we'd already clinched against the Pirates earlier this week. Braves fans/employees were very friendly. They gave Heyward a standing O.

Got to catch both games today since we had a late flight. Enjoyed the experience despite the losses.
WPS

ucahogfan

What is Hart thinking?  Trading away Andrelton Simmons on a very team friendly contract?

bulldog04

Quote from: ucahogfan on November 12, 2015, 06:12:46 pm
What is Hart thinking?  Trading away Andrelton Simmons on a very team friendly contract?
Is there a prospect in the minors that is big time? 

bulldog04

Buster Olney think the Braves might end up trading Aybar for more prospects. They did get the Angels best pitching prospect but defensive SSs are a premium and he's the best

OnTheHillHogFan

Quote from: bulldog04 on November 12, 2015, 09:36:18 pm
Buster Olney think the Braves might end up trading Aybar for more prospects. They did get the Angels best pitching prospect but defensive SSs are a premium and he's the best
They got their best two pitching prospects. In Keith Law's article on the trade he said Newcomb is a number 2 guy because he doesn't think he will ever have the control it takes to be a true ace for a staff. Said he has 3 plus pitches. I can't remember the second pitchers name but Law thinks he is a 4 or 5 starter or could be a really good 8th or 9th inning guy.

Law's overall thought on the trade was it was a pretty even trade for both sides.
Do you happen to have any rapping skills? I think we could set you up with DJ Khaled and you could make a song entitled, "All I Do Is Bitch"

OnTheHillHogFan

Traded Cameron Maybin yesterday to the Tigers for two LHP's.

AirForceHog

The complete dismantling continues. Ugh
If it turns, burns, banks or rolls, crew chiefs made it happen.

bulldog04

Maybin is no lost.  I would rather see a young prospect play over him.  Maybin never has lived up to his hype out of HS.

pigture perfect

The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

ucahogfan

Quote from: bulldog04 on November 22, 2015, 08:39:40 am
Maybin is no lost.  I would rather see a young prospect play over him.  Maybin never has lived up to his hype out of HS.
Except we don't have any good young OF prospects.  Our strategy has been to stockpile as much pitching as possible.

bulldog04

Braves going hard after Ben Zobrist

gutshot

Zobrist will probably get 4 years from somebody and the Braves will, and probably should, only offer 3.  He would be a nice player to have.  Just don't think the Braves will pay him what other teams will offer. 

bulldog04

Quote from: gutshot on November 30, 2015, 01:48:40 pm
Zobrist will probably get 4 years from somebody and the Braves will, and probably should, only offer 3.  He would be a nice player to have.  Just don't think the Braves will pay him what other teams will offer.
Very rarely will they match teams

ucahogfan

Sounds like we are trying to flip Shelby Miller to the DBacks for A.J. Pollock. I would be thrilled if that happened.

bulldog04

Quote from: ucahogfan on December 08, 2015, 01:31:30 pm
Sounds like we are trying to flip Shelby Miller to the DBacks for A.J. Pollock. I would be thrilled if that happened.
Orioles wanted Miller but didn't have the bat the Braves wanted.  Maybe the Dbacks do

bulldog04

I really don't like to root for Vandy players.  So we got the Dbacks #1 and #3 prospects and a young outfielder that hits around .300 and can run. 

ucahogfan

Quote from: bulldog04 on December 08, 2015, 08:01:19 pm
I really don't like to root for Vandy players.  So we got the Dbacks #1 and #3 prospects and a young outfielder that hits around .300 and can run.
Let's take a look at what the national guys are saying about this trade:

Mark Bowman ‏@mlbbowman  · 8m8 minutes ago   Virginia, USA   
Executives and scouts are raving about the #Braves haul. Swanson, Blair and Inciarte certainly trumps the initial ask for Pollock

Jeff Passan ‏@JeffPassan  · 47m47 minutes ago 
Dansby Swanson, Aaron Blair and Ender Inciarte is the core of the sort of deal I was expecting to see for Jose Fernandez, not Shelby Miller.

Jeff Passan ‏@JeffPassan  · 57m57 minutes ago 
From looks of it, Braves got the No. 1 overall pick in the draft, a near-ready MLB starter and solid MLB OF for one year of Jason Heyward.

Jeff Passan ‏@JeffPassan  · 1h1 hour ago 

Jeff Passan Retweeted Nick Piecoro
Dansby Swanson was the No. 1 overall pick in the draft in June. Scouts absolutely love Aaron Blair, a power righty.

Jeff Sullivan ‏@based_ball  · 54m54 minutes ago 
I assume the Diamondbacks are trading these guys to the Braves for Shelby Miller and complete ownership of the Braves

Jeff Sullivan ‏@based_ball  · 45m45 minutes ago 
I think the Braves just rebuilt

Jeff Sullivan ‏@based_ball  · 22m22 minutes ago 
everybody in Nashville should watch out for shrapnel from Dave Stewart's cell phone exploding

Mark Bowman ‏@mlbbowman  · 21m21 minutes ago   Virginia, USA   
Swanson ranks as http://MLB.com 's 10th-best prospect and fourth-best SS prospect. Blair ranks as the game's 61st-best prospect

Ken Rosenthal ‏@Ken_Rosenthal  · 55m55 minutes ago 
Stunning return for #Braves - Inciarte, pitching prospect Blair and Swanson, No. 1 overall pick in '15 draft - and potential long-term SS.

Steve Gilbert ‏@SteveGilbertMLB  · 52m52 minutes ago 
#Dbacks also receiving LHP Gabe Speier in the Miller deal.

Buster Olney ‏@Buster_ESPN  · 52m52 minutes ago 
As process played out, Braves didn't like idea of Swanson as only major piece. But addition of Inciarte absolutely crucial on their end.

clarkspencer ‏@clarkspencer  · 24m24 minutes ago 
Hearing that #Marlins had deal working with D-Backs: Jose Fernandez for Corbin, Swanson and 3 others -- until Zona landed Shelby Miller.

It is the second time in less than a year where I believe we were the big winners in a trade with the DBacks.  We also got the #69 overall prospect in the game (Touki Toussaint) for a backup INF and 10M.  Entering the offseason, a lot of experts knocked our farm system for lacking top level impact talent outside of Albies.  So far this offseason, we have traded two excellent young players in Simmons and Miller, but we have also gotten two top 20 prospects plus others in return.  It will be interesting to see if Freeman gets moved as well.  We could leverage an excellent return for a team looking for a 1B.

bulldog04

ucahogfan

If the Astros do move A.J. Reed in a trade say for Jose Fernandez, we could make Freeman available to the Astros for whatever top 100 prospects they might have left such as Daz Cameron or Kyle Tucker.

Or the Cardinals could come calling if they don't sign Davis as long as the haul is highlighted by Carlos Martinez or Alex Reyes.

ucahogfan

Quote from: bulldog04 on December 08, 2015, 08:42:01 pm
What's the ETA on Swanson?
They have 2018 on his MLB.com prospect page.  I think we could see a midseason call up in 2017, but he will more than likely spend the next 1.5-2 years in the minors.

It will be interesting to see what they do now with both Albies and Swanson essentially at the same level.  They could make a nasty MIF combo for a long time.

gutshot

Yeah I kind of wish one of Swanson or Albies was a level ahead of the other so they can both stay fresh at shortstop until one proves better than the other there. I thought they moved Peraza off the position way too early and probably hurt his value.

I really don't think they will move Freeman. They are still hurting for offense and most GMs not named Beane or Stewart aren't giving up young impact bats these days. That's one trade I hope they don't make. Ive grown to understand all of the others.

I'm pumped about the Miller trade, though. That return is way more than anybody could have expected.

ucahogfan

Quote from: gutshot on December 08, 2015, 09:11:51 pm
Yeah I kind of wish one of Swanson or Albies was a level ahead of the other so they can both stay fresh at shortstop until one proves better than the other there. I thought they moved Peraza off the position way too early and probably hurt his value.

I really don't think they will move Freeman. They are still hurting for offense and most GMs not named Beane or Stewart aren't giving up young impact bats these days. That's one trade I hope they don't make. Ive grown to understand all of the others.

I'm pumped about the Miller trade, though. That return is way more than anybody could have expected.
Yeah, maybe they start Swanson at a higher level since he is 3 years older than Albies.  Will be interesting to see how they handle the situation, but I think both could stick at SS.

I don't think they will move Freeman either, but let's just say a team offers us a return like we got for Simmons and Miller, I would think Hart would jump on it.  I think the chance of that happening is slim, but something I wouldn't be surprised to see given how we have traded away everyone else.

Yeah, that is the type of return I would have expected the Marlins to get for Fernandez.  To get it for Shelby Miller is awesome.  I would have thought Blair would have been the headliner of the trade and not the second best prospect.  I do like that we finally got that position prospect I had wanted us to get for a long time instead of just more pitchers.  I do think we could use the young pitching core to flip for an elite position prospect at some point in the future.  Maybe a Billy McKinney from the Cubs could be gotten for a package centered around Blair plus a couple of other pitchers.

bulldog04

Inciarte is the lead off hitter we need. He arb eligible in 2017 but under contract until 2021

razorJAcker

This was by far the best trade the Braves have made in a long time, and certainly since Hart/Coppy took over.  Hoping they don't trade Freeman, but if somebody offers anything close to what the Braves got in this deal then they have to do it.

razorJAcker

Quote from: ucahogfan on December 08, 2015, 09:34:11 pm
Yeah, maybe they start Swanson at a higher level since he is 3 years older than Albies.  Will be interesting to see how they handle the situation, but I think both could stick at SS.

I don't think they will move Freeman either, but let's just say a team offers us a return like we got for Simmons and Miller, I would think Hart would jump on it.  I think the chance of that happening is slim, but something I wouldn't be surprised to see given how we have traded away everyone else.

Yeah, that is the type of return I would have expected the Marlins to get for Fernandez.  To get it for Shelby Miller is awesome.  I would have thought Blair would have been the headliner of the trade and not the second best prospect.  I do like that we finally got that position prospect I had wanted us to get for a long time instead of just more pitchers.  I do think we could use the young pitching core to flip for an elite position prospect at some point in the future.  Maybe a Billy McKinney from the Cubs could be gotten for a package centered around Blair plus a couple of other pitchers.

I'd be surprised if we started trading the young pitchers at this point.  At least not yet.

bulldog04

Now we added Emilo Bonifacio.  The last two days we have added speed and athleticism

razorJAcker

I LOVE when we sign guys off career worst seasons.  It's just the best.