Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Former Gator and Patriot TE Aaron Hernandez found guilty: 1st degree murder

Started by jbcarol, June 18, 2013, 07:29:19 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

LZH

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on June 27, 2013, 07:25:44 am
No kidding. I would be concerned that while away from my house and having a job requiring travel someone would see that and break into my house and steal my guns. An important thing to remember about handling guns is to not advertise it and do it ANONYMOUSLY.

I agree, but it takes a very brazen (and armed) burgular to break into someone's house to steal their guns.  I've known and played music with my share of ex-cons.  A house with a well-armed owner is a non-target for nearly all of these guys...they'll pass.  And if you have a 4WD truck in the driveway, that's like a neon sign that you are not just a gun owner, but a gun USER.  That came straight from the horses' mouth, you could say.

PEtrader

Oddball on NWA: "I'm drinking wine and eating cheese, and catching some rays, you know. "

Luke STYwalker

Not taking up for the dude in any way, but the gun charges are bothering me.  Havn't heard all the specifics, but something about not having a permit.  I have lots of guns and no permit.  If i see one a want I buy it.  Why do I need a permit.  Are we talking automatic weapons or something? or just some BS law in massachusetts?    People up north wig out at the sight of a gun.   Someone help me clarify here please.

Pigsknuckles

Quote from: urkillnmesmalls on June 27, 2013, 11:58:57 am
I would imagine they are likely under a gag order from the NE organization with the understanding that they will need new jobs if they choose to comment on the situation. 

My conspiracy gene twitched when I read that. The Pats wasted no time severing relations with Hernandez, and almost nobody is talking. I'm thinking that enough prior knowledge of Aarons off field behavior exists for NE to be cautious of appearing complicit in any of his dealings.
"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: LedZepHog on June 27, 2013, 02:17:47 pm
I agree, but it takes a very brazen (and armed) burgular to break into someone's house to steal their guns.  I've known and played music with my share of ex-cons.  A house with a well-armed owner is a non-target for nearly all of these guys...they'll pass.  And if you have a 4WD truck in the driveway, that's like a neon sign that you are not just a gun owner, but a gun USER.  That came straight from the horses' mouth, you could say.

No kidding. I cant' think of one person I know that drives a truck that doesn't own MORE than one gun!
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Luke STYwalker on June 27, 2013, 02:41:00 pm
Not taking up for the dude in any way, but the gun charges are bothering me.  Havn't heard all the specifics, but something about not having a permit.  I have lots of guns and no permit.  If i see one a want I buy it.  Why do I need a permit.  Are we talking automatic weapons or something? or just some BS law in massachusetts?    People up north wig out at the sight of a gun.   Someone help me clarify here please.

Criminals don't need a permit except up north I guess!........................  ???

P.S. There are a LOT of BS gun laws especially up north and California. All those gun laws haven't done a damn thing to stop gun crimes in Chicago for example. I read a couple of days ago where one gun company in CT has already decided where they are moving too. Expect more.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

riccoar

I would imagine that the Pat's front office put the Brian Cashman statement out

Luke STYwalker

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on June 27, 2013, 02:52:58 pm
Criminals don't need a permit except up north I guess!........................  ???

P.S. There are a LOT of BS gun laws especially up north and California. All those gun laws haven't done a damn thing to stop gun crimes in Chicago for example. I read a couple of days ago where one gun company in CT has already decided where they are moving too. Expect more.

I agree.

Luke STYwalker

However this guy is an idiot for taking a photo of himself with that glock.  It is hugely immature and juvenile.   And speaks volumes to his character.

WILL CLINTON

Quote from: hawgsmellgud on June 27, 2013, 02:16:30 pm
I had a bad yr from 18-19 did a lot of stupid things. Luckily I didn't get caught so I don't have anything on my record, but I do have two sleeves. I am also finishing my 150 to sit for the CPA. Where are you in school?

I am currently going to NPCC in Hot Springs, but will be transferring to UALR or Henderson in the spring to finish up. That CPA exam is BRUTAL from what I've heard from the few accountants I've talked to that took it.
There is no sacred ground for the conquered.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: WILL CLINTON on June 27, 2013, 03:17:26 pm
I am currently going to NPCC in Hot Springs, but will be transferring to UALR or Henderson in the spring to finish up. That CPA exam is BRUTAL from what I've heard from the few accountants I've talked to that took it.

M wife is a CPA. She studied hard for it. It is brutal according to her but worth it. Good luck!

onebadrubi

Quote from: Luke STYwalker on June 27, 2013, 02:41:00 pm

You have to have a permit to carry a loaded gun I just about all states.  I assume that is the permit they are talking about.  The media also likes to say does not have a permit when their is just no paper trail on a weapon (I.e. bought off black market with files serial numbers). My guess is they are throwing charges at him for carrying that pistol with him in the car. Also some municipalities don't slow weapons, may be one of those type permits.

onebadrubi

Quote from: Luke STYwalker on June 27, 2013, 03:16:53 pm
However this guy is an idiot for taking a photo of himself with that glock.  It is hugely immature and juvenile.   And speaks volumes to his character.

I think we all know what kind of character Hernandez is. 

Why the career/education path discussion?  Guy taking CPA classes to show you can get an education with two sleeves?  I completed the 150 without any sleeves... What does that contribute to this topic?

SwazyHog

"I felt like I owed it to the state. They let me come in and transfer here to Arkansas, and I felt like it wouldn't be fair after one year to just up and leave."

"This is your Public Service Announcement  for 2010: Remember, No One's Buckass Snitshit Crazier Than Arkansas Fans."

Hogman2

This guy appears to be a piece of work! I believe in innocent until proven guilty but he is stupid! Apparently he has ALWAYS BEEN A PROBLEM! I will be SHOCKED if he does not spend the rest of his life in prison!

atekido

He is guilty in some form, there isn't any question in that.   He rented the car,  He called his friends and told them to get there soon.  He is seen leaving and coming back with a gun on camera, it just piles up.

superior_wang

in a league filled with idiots, hes the king.

One a side note, any of you hog fans  that live in an  nfl city can attest to this.... the broncos probably couldnt field  a team without their team attorney Harvey Steinberg keeping their stupid a$$es out of the pen. Granted they dont have murderers on the squad that im aware of ..but still... he should be team mvp not Manning.

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: superior_wang on June 27, 2013, 04:58:13 pm
in a league filled with idiots, hes the king.

One a side note, any of you hog fans  that live in an  nfl city can attest to this.... the broncos probably couldnt field  a team without their team attorney Harvey Steinberg keeping their stupid a$$es out of the pen. Granted they dont have murderers on the squad that im aware of ..but still... he should be team mvp not Manning.
young women are predictably already lining up on Twitter announcing their 'love for Hernandez' and their desires to 'have his babies'....man, we raised a generation of women who, like Nola in Spike Lee's, SHE'S GOTTA HAVE IT, literally do have to have it
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

superior_wang

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on June 27, 2013, 05:28:06 pm
young women are predictably already lining up on Twitter announcing their 'love for Hernandez' and their desires to 'have his babies'....man, we raised a generation of women who, like Nola in Spike Lee's, SHE'S GOTTA HAVE IT, literally do have to have it

yeppers.

HG

Quote from: WILL CLINTON on June 26, 2013, 09:10:19 pm
I just get offended about it easily. Being in the industry, I take it a little more personal than other people. I knew that if I was going to get tattooed up, I had to do more than other people not tattooed to destroy that stereotype. I love the looks I get when I'm out with my family, but the reason I love it is even though I have over 45 hours of tattooing on me, I've never been arrested, am not a thug, have a 4.0 GPA, and am halfway to getting my BA in Accounting. Blows that stereotype out of the water.

I personally have one tattoo, and it's well-hidden because my job requires me to maintain a professional appearance.  It really does suck that people who are into tattoos have to deal with the fact that lots of thugs are ruining it for the rest of y'all.   Art doesn't make people criminal  It's just that lots of criminals seem to think art makes them look tough.  Which I'm sure it does, but that just means people on the outside mistake correlation for causation.  A good tattoo artist has more talent than I'll ever have, but thanks to the fact that some of the worst elements of society are also capable of appreciating that talent, the huge numbers of perfectly upstanding people who like tattoos have to deal with the stereotypes. 

Some day I'm going to settle down into a profession where I don't have to worry about what CEOs and customers think, and on that day, my first act will be to get a couple sleeves...just because I can. :)

HG

Since you were there in 1969, you probably know that killers and thugs have always had this sort of following.  Manson and Bundy had bleeping groupies writing to them.

Hog_Swanson

Quote from: HG on June 27, 2013, 06:40:19 pm
Since you were there in 1969, you probably know that killers and thugs have always had this sort of following.  Manson and Bundy had bleeping groupies writing to them.
If we Incorporated the death penalty with a fast lane, we could weed out the crap and straighten up the youth.  Oh well, that might be inhumane.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on February 08, 2018, 08:00:41 pm

I have gonads, and as soon as my wife gets back I'll prove it.  I keep 'em in her purse. >:(

Quote from: PorkSoda on Today at 04:03:25 pm
Okay, you are right, I should have done that first instead of going off of what other people said was said.
So basically all my complaining was for nothing and I'm a dumbass.  I should have just watch the presser BEFORE commenting.

Hog_Swanson

Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on February 08, 2018, 08:00:41 pm

I have gonads, and as soon as my wife gets back I'll prove it.  I keep 'em in her purse. >:(

Quote from: PorkSoda on Today at 04:03:25 pm
Okay, you are right, I should have done that first instead of going off of what other people said was said.
So basically all my complaining was for nothing and I'm a dumbass.  I should have just watch the presser BEFORE commenting.

BJOhog

inhumanely is killing a defensless o person once you do that you sease to be human in my oinion and should be shot on the spot

board

Quote from: Cullen Fitzpatrick on June 27, 2013, 08:27:47 pm
Not me.

The name OJ Simpson ring a bell?

He isn't oj and there won't be a mostly black jury for this one.............

LZH

Quote from: Hog_Swanson on June 27, 2013, 08:24:22 pm
If we Incorporated the death penalty with a fast lane, we could weed out the crap and straighten up the youth.  Oh well, that might be inhumane.

It's only a matter of time before corporate-owned prisons overtake the penal system completely, and they want all the live bodies they can get.  So it's only gonna get worse.  These people have a plan.

Btw, what did Root get axed for this time?

HG

Quote from: LedZepHog on June 27, 2013, 09:02:59 pm

I was wondering the same thing.  I assumed the reference to his "racism" in that little slapfight earlier in the thread had something to do with it.  I missed the last time, and was hoping this time would be as heartwarming and fun as all the old geezers here say the last time was.  :)

At least now I can say that I might not have been there on St. Crispin's Day, but I was there on St. Crispin's Day 2.0.

As for the prison thing, I'm not a big fan of corporate prisons.  I understand the arguments for them, but the idea of a corporate entity being responsible for my freedom, or lack thereof, chills me to the very marrow.  The government doesn't always get it right, but at least they are, in theory, accountable to the constituents.   Corporations are only accountable to their shareholders.

I also despise traffic cams run by corporations.

SouthSide Johnny

Quote from: LedZepHog on June 27, 2013, 09:02:59 pm

What? Daddy got booted again.. :'(

Don't mess with the Bear.... He carries a big stick...
Some Say it's Raining Elephants but They Go Outside Anyway..

LZH

Quote from: HG on June 27, 2013, 09:17:27 pm
I was wondering the same thing.  I assumed the reference to his "racism" in that little slapfight earlier in the thread had something to do with it.  I missed the last time, and was hoping this time would be as heartwarming and fun as all the old geezers here say the last time was.  :)

At least now I can say that I might not have been there on St. Crispin's Day, but I was there on St. Crispin's Day 2.0.

As for the prison thing, I'm not a big fan of corporate prisons.  I understand the arguments for them, but the idea of a corporate entity being responsible for my freedom, or lack thereof, chills me to the very marrow.  The government doesn't always get it right, but at least they are, in theory, accountable to the constituents.   Corporations are only accountable to their shareholders.

I also despise traffic cams run by corporations.

Corporate prisons....what's next, a corporate army?  Oh...........right.

Check out the privately-owned, state funded juvenile center back east that a couple of years ago had at least one local judge on 'commission'.  He was locking kids up left and right, for stuff like first-time alcohol and weed possession.  The same things that we did as teenagers, that would get us a ride to the police station for a scare and then the cops would call our dads to come pick us up, were getting these kids locked up for 6, 9, 18 months.  One kid who had never been in trouble got like 12 months for stealing liquor out of the neighbor's pool house.  Any time the government turns over these kind of duties to corporations because "they can do it more efficiently" is just a smoke screen...and a true indicator that there's some politicians getting kickbacks for pushing the idea and sitting back and allowing it to happen.  Naturally a private company can run circles around most government offices for efficiency, but efficiency isn't and never will be the actual goal.

And Root will be back, I hope.  He's abrasive, annoying, and cranky...but a friend, nonetheless.  I'm assuming that he had been warned beforehand, because I didn't see where he singularly said anything too over the top - even for him.

ThePigFundamental

Quote from: SSJ on June 27, 2013, 09:21:59 pm
What? Daddy got booted again.. :'(

Don't mess with the Bear.... He carries a big stick...

about time. imo.

ThePigFundamental

Quote from: Cullen Fitzpatrick on June 27, 2013, 08:38:11 pm
You seriously underestimate our flawed judicial system.

amazing what can be accomplished with a good lawyer and a bad jury.

bpoecell

I follow a comedian who was retweeting a lot of those "he's still sexy" tweets. I think Twitter is great, but it's proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that most of the population shouldn't have the ability to immediately broadcast whatever dumb thought is in their head at the moment.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: BrokenArrowHogs on June 26, 2013, 07:41:57 pm
Wow.  A picture is worth 1,000 words. 

Very tragic for the young man's family who was killed.
Hi. My friends call me OJ. Why, I don't know.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: Root66 on June 27, 2013, 12:43:25 pm

And the little Arkansas thug boy wanna be Mallett was blackballed by the NFL for acting goofy. Man, where is the justice?
Root66 deleted today? LOL!
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: HG on June 27, 2013, 06:40:19 pm
uh, SFB, look, those were called groupies back in the day...most were already part of a commune or looked to some guy to help them tune out or whatever the lingo was they used....I was 6 years old in 1969, so excuse me if I don't have total recall. Anywy, SFB, the difference is the females THESE DAYS, express their love for the murderers AFTER the fact not before the crimes. Hell, two words should explain all I'm speaking of and prove I'm right and you don't KWTFYATA, and they are "Damien Echols".  Enough said.

ThePigFundamental

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on June 27, 2013, 10:09:52 pm
uh, SFB, look, those were called groupies back in the day...most were already part of a commune or looked to some guy to help them tune out or whatever the lingo was they used....I was 6 years old in 1969, so excuse me if I don't have total recall. Anywy, SFB, the difference is the females THESE DAYS, express their love for the murderers AFTER the fact not before the crimes. Hell, two words should explain all I'm speaking of and prove I'm right and you don't KWTFYATA, and they are Damien Echols. Enough said.

Damien Echols didn't kill anybody.

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: ThePigFundamental on June 27, 2013, 10:11:49 pm
Damien Echols didn't kill anybody.
would you let him babysit your 8 year old boy ?   and yes, yes he did kill someone, he said he was guilty....so he's guilty

PygmalionEffect

Quote from: Cullen Fitzpatrick on June 27, 2013, 08:27:47 pm
Not me.

The name OJ Simpson ring a bell?

Unfortunately for Hernandez, he's not wearing gloves in the picture and Johnny Cochran dying on him doesn't help things either.

If the gloves don't fit, you must acquit

If you don't own gloves, you're guilty as $hit
Pygmalion Effect - The phenomenon in which the greater the expectation placed upon people, the better they perform.

ThePigFundamental

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on June 27, 2013, 10:13:07 pm
would you let him babysit your 8 year old boy ?   and yes, yes he did kill someone, he said he was guilty....so he's guilty

who lets strangers babysit their kids? silly question. 

LZH

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on June 27, 2013, 10:13:07 pm

Yep.  Just because they didn't find his DNA doesn't mean he didn't do it.  Just because the WM cops may have botched the investigation doesn't mean he didn't do it.  My daughter and I were walking out of the Peabody in LR a couple of years ago and walked right by Eddie Vedder in front of the Old Statehouse.  I had no idea why he was in town (I don't always watch the news, I live on vacation).  Then we saw the crowd on the steps of the Robinson Center.  We couldn't have been more disappointed...pretty creepy, actually.  Fwiw, if I thought those guys could be innocent, I'd be in their corner.

ThePigFundamental

Quote from: LedZepHog on June 27, 2013, 10:32:01 pm
Yep.  Just because they didn't find his DNA doesn't mean he didn't do it.  Just because the WM cops may have botched the investigation doesn't mean he didn't do it.  My daughter and I were walking out of the Peabody in LR a couple of years ago and walked right by Eddie Vedder in front of the Old Statehouse.  I had no idea why he was in town (I don't always watch the news, I live on vacation).  Then we saw the crowd on the steps of the Robinson Center.  We couldn't have been more disappointed...pretty creepy, actually.  Fwiw, if I thought those guys could be innocent, I'd be in their corner.

they are innocent.  and now free. judicial system actually worked for once.

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: LedZepHog on June 27, 2013, 10:32:01 pm
you and I think a lot alike....don't know whether that's good for your or not..but welcome to the club, brother

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: ThePigFundamental on June 27, 2013, 10:33:39 pm
when you can show me an official document that says they are innocent, then I'll believe it....but that will never happen...so to me, they are guilty....and will pay for it, whether on this side or the other

LZH

This...

Quote from: ThePigFundamental on June 27, 2013, 10:02:06 pm
amazing what can be accomplished with a good lawyer

Then this...

Quote from: ThePigFundamental on June 27, 2013, 10:33:39 pm

??? ??? ???

And, you THINK they're innocent.  I saw the TV show, too.  It was compelling, but it proved nothing.

LZH

ThePigFundamental

Quote from: LedZepHog on June 27, 2013, 10:37:39 pm
This...

Then this...

??? ??? ???

And, you THINK they're innocent.  I saw the TV show, too.  It was compelling, but it proved nothing.

all three of them are walking free...as they should be.

LZH

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on June 27, 2013, 10:34:42 pm
you and I think a lot alike....don't know whether that's good for your or not..but welcome to the club, brother

Great minds, and all that.....

HG

Quote from: LedZepHog on June 27, 2013, 09:54:51 pm
Corporate prisons....what's next, a corporate army?  Oh...........right.

Check out the privately-owned, state funded juvenile center back east that a couple of years ago had at least one local judge on 'commission'.  He was locking kids up left and right, for stuff like first-time alcohol and weed possession.  The same things that we did as teenagers, that would get us a ride to the police station for a scare and then the cops would call our dads to come pick us up, were getting these kids locked up for 6, 9, 18 months.  One kid who had never been in trouble got like 12 months for stealing liquor out of the neighbor's pool house.  Any time the government turns over these kind of duties to corporations because "they can do it more efficiently" is just a smoke screen...and a true indicator that there's some politicians getting kickbacks for pushing the idea and sitting back and allowing it to happen.  Naturally a private company can run circles around most government offices for efficiency, but efficiency isn't and never will be the actual goal.

And Root will be back, I hope.  He's abrasive, annoying, and cranky...but a friend, nonetheless.  I'm assuming that he had been warned beforehand, because I didn't see where he singularly said anything too over the top - even for him.

Agreed on all points.  It's just one of those ideas that sounds interesting in theory, but the practice will collapse on itself simply because of human nature.  I speak, of course, of Root's banning.  :)

Oh, and the corporate prison thing, too.

HG

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on June 27, 2013, 10:09:52 pm
uh, SFB, look, those were called groupies back in the day...most were already part of a commune or looked to some guy to help them tune out or whatever the lingo was they used....I was 6 years old in 1969, so excuse me if I don't have total recall. Anywy, SFB, the difference is the females THESE DAYS, express their love for the murderers AFTER the fact not before the crimes. Hell, two words should explain all I'm speaking of and prove I'm right and you don't KWTFYATA, and they are "Damien Echols".  Enough said.

Sorry, I wasn't trying to challenge you.  I was just noting that there have always been groupies and fans following horrific criminals.  Marriage proposals to murderers have been around for a looong time.  It's just more prominent/noticeable  now because of the ease of mass communication and dissemination of information that lets the rest of us know what's going on.  Manson had his gang before, but he also received more than his fair share of marriage proposals after being convicted.  And Bundy was famously getting letters from swooning admirers.  There's just a sort of fetish aspect to the whole affair that I won't pretend to understand, but it's nothing new.  I think it has to do, in part, with the danger combined with the fact that the person is locked away and, therefore, paradoxically, both dangerous and safe.  Of course, I'm not a psychiatrist, so all I can do is speculate.

Then again, I know plenty of men who would ignore just about any negative trait in a woman if they thought she would sleep with them, so the entire human race is pretty much as crazy as loons trapped in an echo chamber.

hawgsmellgud

Quote from: onebadrubi on June 27, 2013, 03:39:15 pm
I think we all know what kind of character Hernandez is. 

Why the career/education path discussion?  Guy taking CPA classes to show you can get an education with two sleeves?  I completed the 150 without any sleeves... What does that contribute to this topic?

Is this the first thread you've  ever read? I am not going to explain it to you, you don't have tats so you must be smarter than us. Figure it out yourself.
"I've never been a numbers guy," Mallett said. "If you play the game for yourself, don't play. I don't want you on the team. There's one goal we've got here. If you're not trying to reach that goal, don't come to Arkansas."