Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Keep getting logged out.....

Started by McKdaddy, May 19, 2005, 02:53:05 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

McKdaddy

I'm sure this is an issue that could be resolved via the "tools", then "internet options" area, but I don't know which would fix this.  I have it set, in both the log-in area and in the "Profile" area for me to stay logged in forever, but whenever I go to another site I'm automatically logged out.  Whenever I make a post like now, after hitting "post" I'll be logged out.

Please help!!!!!
Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades.

"You are everything that is wrong with this place . . . Ban me"

"CPI, ex-food and energy, is only good for an anorexic pedestrian"--Art Cashin

Swino

Go to the menu bar at the top of the screen.  Click on Tools and scroll down to internet options.  Delete Cookies and Internet files.  That should fix you up.

McKdaddy

I don't mean to be one of those people that rejects advice, but deleting cookies and internet files is what made my logging in/logging out this way. :(
Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades.

"You are everything that is wrong with this place . . . Ban me"

"CPI, ex-food and energy, is only good for an anorexic pedestrian"--Art Cashin

Doug

That's what you need to do, though.  Just make sure ALL of your web browser windows are closed before you delete your cookies and temp files.  I had the same issue on this server today.  Took me closing ALL my browser windows and deleting the temp files, temp internet files (including all offline items) and cookies to get it fixed.
--Doug
Full time Web Developer, Sports junkie and Sports Personality

@BearlyDoug  |  @GridironHistory  |  @Hogville
TheFan.net | BearlyDoug.com | My plugins on WordPress.org | GridironHistory.com

(If you have a tech question, please post in the Help forum, instead of private messaging or emailing me (unless I request it). Thanks!)