Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Determining approval ratings of Bielema and coaching changes

Started by NWAHutch, February 11, 2017, 01:38:03 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

NWAHutch

I'm trying to get these poll questions in front of as many Arkansas fans as possible so I can get a decently accurate approval rating on Bielema, as well as the three coaching changes: Rhoads at DC, Scott and DL and Walker at OLB.

I think it'll be interesting to get fans' feelings on the hires now and then again midway through the season and once again after the season.

Here's the link: http://arkansas.247sports.com/Bolt/POLL-Approval-rating-of-Bielema-recent-hires-51237838

lakecityhog

How could anyone make an educated choice on either of the 2 new hires? Neither has any kind of track record for reference. We just "let go" a guy with a very similar coaching resume and from the posts on this board it was met with huge approval.

I guess some would approve of any hire made by BB while others would basically be against any hire other than a "name". Truthfully I would have been happier at the outset if I felt like maybe we stole a really good coach from another P5 program.

RME

Quote from: lakecityhog on February 11, 2017, 02:01:25 pm
How could anyone make an educated choice on either of the 2 new hires? Neither has any kind of track record for reference. We just "let go" a guy with a very similar coaching resume and from the posts on this board it was met with huge approval.

I guess some would approve of any hire made by BB while others would basically be against any hire other than a "name". Truthfully I would have been happier at the outset if I felt like maybe we stole a really good coach from another P5 program.

It's a simple "approve/disapprove" poll. The sky too blue for you today as well?

Deep Shoat

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on February 11, 2017, 02:18:01 pm
It's a simple "approve/disapprove" poll. The sky too blue for you today as well?
It also offers an "Undecided" option, for those who can't decide where to land until they see the results.
All Gas, No Brakes!

DoctorSusscrofa

I'm assuming that if they don't pass, the plane/banner starts flying? That's really what this is about isn't it. An attempt to heat things up as early as you can.
Fan of Razorback Football, Baseball, Track, Gymnastics, Softball - M Barton

Tusks

sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

HogimusMaximus

Quote from: tusked on February 11, 2017, 06:27:26 pm
On paper at first glance, not impressed w/either.

Agreed, we need to get better and it starts at the top.  This should be Brets last season unless he goes 9-3 or better.

lakecityhog

How can anyone "land" until they see the results??? I "try" to base my opinions on results, which is probably what we should all do.

I do have a question for those of you that approve both hires:
Would any of you have felt any better if we had somehow managed to pull the LB coach from someone like Oklahoma or LSU and the DL coach from Nebraska or Colorado? Why?

Big Boi

DEVIL DOG HOG

"I love college football. It's the time of the year you can walk down the street with a girl on one arm and a blanket on the other, and nobody thinks twice about it." DUFFY DAUGHERTY

GO GREEN!