Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

McFadden, the best in the SEC since?

Started by Kenny Sowers, November 06, 2006, 10:42:01 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Kenny Sowers

When was the last time there was a running back in the SEC that was as good as DMAC? Keep in mind DMAC is only a Soph and still has a year to impress.
CMA "We're going to pick them up when they get off the damn bus", in reference to guarding the other team.

novack2

Hoot72

Razorbacks#1

Tough call on Jackon or Walker. If he stays, he will be the man IMO. Of course, I might be opinionated
"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

Olive_Branch_Hog

msudawgs64

If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base.  ~Dave Barry

"I'd rather lose a game like that than a 5-4 ballgame when somebody walks in the winning run or makes an error" -MSU's former head coach Ron Polk after South Carolina pummeled the Bulldogs 20-3 on 3/23/2007.

Feb. 20, 2009-a new era in MSU Baseball begins.

Brand X Hog Fan

"I want to give you [Arkansas] something you've never had." - Coach Bielema, December 5, 2012, the beginning of a Dynasty!

Quote from: oldbear on January 14, 2013, 07:56:49 pm
The recruiting rankings guarantee success about as well as getting Lee Corso to choose your team as the winner.

TheOriginalPorkster

Brand X Hog Fan

Quote from: Squishy on November 06, 2006, 11:08:17 pm
Quote from: Seahawk4ever on November 06, 2006, 11:04:47 pm
Cadillac Williams?
With all due respect, not a chance

Williams career stats:

Games   Carries    Total yds   yds/carry  Long     YPG       TD
Career 42        741        3,831         5.2          80       91.5       45

Ya know, he looked better than that.

I know, I will read more, post less.
"I want to give you [Arkansas] something you've never had." - Coach Bielema, December 5, 2012, the beginning of a Dynasty!

The recruiting rankings guarantee success about as well as getting Lee Corso to choose your team as the winner.

pignatious

Freedom is never free.

pork-e-pine

Quote from: Seahawk4ever on November 06, 2006, 11:16:01 pm
Cadillac Williams?

Williams career stats:

Games   Carries    Total yds   yds/carry  Long     YPG       TD
Career 42        741        3,831         5.2          80       91.5       45

His press is better than that.  Cadilac was an above average back in a good system who got great press.  Dmac is an amazing back in a good system who gets less than adequate press. If Dmac played for bama or florida he would be way more respected.  but That is not a woe is arkansas post.  I think dmac will get all the attention he needs in the next 20 games or so.
Winning is fun,
Losing is not;
But Id rather lose and have a good attitude than win and be like texas.
also...be nice, your mom could be reading this.

Hawgvillain

IF he stays healthy and here?  Ever! 

I know that is a bold statement...but he's only a sophmore and he is the best running back in the nation.  Can you imagine what he will be doing to opposing D's when he's a senior (probably wont be here though)?

bill_bakerDW

Kenny Sowers

I was looking at the SEC rushing records and my goodness, I did not realize Herschel Walker set the bar so high, over 5,000 yards for his career!!
CMA "We're going to pick them up when they get off the damn bus", in reference to guarding the other team.

pork-e-pine

dmac could hit 5,000 if he stays 4

1,000+1,400+1,600+2,000=6000

But that means 4 years and i dont see that hapenning.
Winning is fun,
Losing is not;
But Id rather lose and have a good attitude than win and be like texas.
also...be nice, your mom could be reading this.

Hawgvillain

Quote from: pork-e-pine on November 06, 2006, 11:28:40 pm

And, if he wasn't splitting carries - not to mention the fact that we don't let him pad his stats against the softer teams - he could even surpass that.  But, it's also part of keeping him healthy so he can continue to have performances like last week.

Can anyone else remember any game where a running back was as dominant as D-Mac was at USC last week.  I'm sure there are tons...but when you get 220 yards and it isn't the result of one crazy long run - you are dominating.

Brand X Hog Fan

Quote from: Hawgvillain on November 06, 2006, 11:31:20 pm

And, if he wasn't splitting carries - not to mention the fact that we don't let him pad his stats against the softer teams - he could even surpass that.  But, it's also part of keeping him healthy so he can continue to have performances like last week.

Can anyone else remember any game where a running back was as dominant as D-Mac was at USC last week.  I'm sure there are tons...but when you get 220 yards and it isn't the result of one crazy long run - you are dominating.

Arkansas - Zero U, Orange Bowl 78, Roland Sales

HOGINTENNESSEE

Robert Edwards was really impressive at Georgia.

HogasaurusRex

lawdog

That won't happen, thank goodness!
South Carolina: The Palmetto State
Home of the Fighting Gamecocks!

dhornjr1

McFadden may very well be the best back in the SEC since Bo Jackson and that is saying a lot.

lawdog

Since....I have no idea.

The young man is just damn good, that's all I know.  Try to stop him...I dare you....just try.
South Carolina: The Palmetto State
Home of the Fighting Gamecocks!

0515hv

Shaun Alexander, maybe.  Played for Alabama.

Mr. Prozac

November 07, 2006, 12:48:36 am #23 Last Edit: November 07, 2006, 01:01:01 am by Mr. Prozac
Quote from: Seahawk4ever on November 06, 2006, 11:16:01 pm
Cadillac Williams?

Williams career stats:

Games   Carries    Total yds   yds/carry  Long     YPG       TD
Career 42        741        3,831         5.2          80       91.5       45

Cadillac was good, and his stats may have been better if he wasn't sharing time--I know the same could be said of McFadden...

But my vote goes to Bo Jackson. He was a freak.

RealHogFan

Bo or Herschel.  Better than Shaun Alexander or Lewis or Williams to me

msudawgs64

true and also remember that Walker did it in 3 years, unreal..Interestingly enough, Bo is third on the all time list, Kevin Faulk of LSU passed him by 254 yards but also took 3 more games to do it.  The SEC has a fine list of running backs over the years.
If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base.  ~Dave Barry

"I'd rather lose a game like that than a 5-4 ballgame when somebody walks in the winning run or makes an error" -MSU's former head coach Ron Polk after South Carolina pummeled the Bulldogs 20-3 on 3/23/2007.

TheOriginalPorkster

FWIW, Pat Dye said he was the best back since Bo and Dye does know a thing or two about the SEC and their RB's.

msudawgs64

Quote from: TheOriginalPorkster on November 07, 2006, 01:48:03 am
FWIW, Pat Dye said he was the best back since Bo and Dye does know a thing or two about the SEC and their RB's.

and some ugly azz ties as well...LOL

Mr. Prozac

Quote from: TheOriginalPorkster on November 07, 2006, 01:48:03 am
Pat knows Bo.