Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Qualls is a difference maker and should start every game

Started by Lanny, February 05, 2013, 08:15:23 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Lanny

Another big game for Qualls and the rest of the Razorbacks.

Go Hogs!   :razorback:
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

Hawgndaaz

i think we are seeing what mike wants and needs in a player. above the rim and aggressive. he doesn't seek finesse whatsoever.

thebignasty

Quote from: IronHog on March 22, 2016, 02:08:54 pm
They shoot family in Bama
But they win
Quote from: nuttless hog on January 13, 2021, 04:03:02 pm
take me almost all day to get it up to ride it 5 minutes

pigbacon

JonClaudeVanHam

"The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem those who think alike than those who think differently." - Nietzsche

Knot2brite

And he is a freshman...hmmm...that could bode well for us in the future
Usually in EI where intelligent conversation is required

Dropkick

Quails brings a tremendous amount of energy to the game. He is also fearless and we really need a guy like that.

311Hog

Quote from: JonClaudeVanHam on February 05, 2013, 08:17:59 pm
LENZIE HOWELL.

this with better hops. 

btw i think this was as solid of  a team effort as is possible. if they can take this on the road its lights out

The Hogfather

reddogjcss

Spider-Pig

His jump shot has improved so much since the start of season

Marshfieldhog

When Qualls goes for a breather then Jacorey Williams needs to be in. Those two at the small forward spot changes the dynamic of the game. I hope Anderson doesn't put the combo of Gulley and Kikko back in at the same time. One of them is fine, but both is a liability.

BrooklynRoss

It's clear that Mike is making adjustments to both the starting lineup and substitutions that are bringing energy while perplexing the opposition. As others have pointed out, all of this is for naught if we don't start winning on the road.
I support the Razorbacks in the city that never sleeps.

rude1

I never thought this kid would develop this quickly. Suddenly really seams to understand his role, always seemingly to play within himself, and knows when to take and make the timely shot when needed.

Hogcephus

Quote from: 311Hog on February 05, 2013, 08:21:15 pm
this with better hops. 

btw i think this was as solid of  a team effort as is possible. if they can take this on the road its lights out

If I remember correctly, Lenzie Howell had one of the best vertical leaps in Razorback history.

Hogimus Prime

He is only going to get better.  Qualls amd Williams are going to fun to watch the next four years.

Lanny

Quote from: rude1 on February 05, 2013, 08:26:59 pm
I never thought this kid would develop this quickly. Suddenly really seams to understand his role, always seemingly to play within himself, and knows when to take and make the timely shot when needed.
Plays excellent defense too and does a good job on the boards
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

rude1

Quote from: Hogcephus on February 05, 2013, 08:27:34 pm
If I remember correctly, Lenzie Howell had one of the best vertical leaps in Razorback history.
Lenzie probably had better hops if you measured pure vertical, but Qualls is longer and with much longer arms, so he probably is reaching higher than Lenzie.

razorhead94

"Primetime is whenever we play" - Jack Kenley 2019 OmaHogs

Breems

His jump shot has been money since he started playing, and he doesn't take bad shots. It's easy for a freshman to start jacking shots in a big game when they're hot.

I say we keep trying to find ways to incorporate him in the offense.
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

rude1

Quote from: Breems on February 05, 2013, 09:05:04 pm
His jump shot has been money since he started playing, and he doesn't take bad shots. It's easy for a freshman to start jacking shots in a big game when they're hot.

I say we keep trying to find ways to incorporate him in the offense.
What Qualls is doing is letting the offense come to him. He isn't forcing something that's not there and getting out of control. He is taking the shots he is comfortable making. Jacorey right now is still trying to force things a little too much. If you watch him you see him fumbling the ball a lot, due to trying to play in too big of a hurry. 

/sarcasm on

PonderinHog

Quote from: reddogjcss on February 05, 2013, 08:22:28 pm
I agree this starting line up seems to be the key
I like it, as long as we come out relatively hot.  It also enables us to bring in BJ and Hunter, both scorers, with the second wave.  Kikko and Gulley kinda scare me out there without some scoring punch to go along with them.  Then again, the full platoon substitution tactic may be a thing of the past.

hawgmasta

Man qualls is coming on strong. Yeah, we haven't been showing this kind of play on the road but to those who say that our players aren't improving are wrong.

Qualls and Williams are both showing definite improvement.