Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Razorback Foundation fiscal '15 gifts up $11M

Started by ricepig, June 05, 2016, 10:36:17 am

Previous topic - Next topic

ricepig

They were helped by the $8.7M land donation from Jerry Jones. A couple of tidbits, it looks like we finally paid off Pelphrey, and Coach Broyles received $3.5M for speaking engagements???

http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2016/jun/05/razorback-foundation-fiscal-15-gifts-up/

longpig

Frank lock these speaking engagement fees in while he was still AD?
Don't be scared, be smart.

Vantage 8 dude

Gosh, after all this time I just hope that Frank isn't about to run out of money! :( :o :-X

LZH

I am having problems with the link. What land did Jerry donate?

26.2Hog

LZH

Quote from: 26.2Hog on June 05, 2016, 11:12:45 am

Thx.

I wonder how he wound up with that property. Was it from his oil and natural gas days..or did he buy that as an investment way back when?

factchecker

Quote from: LZH on June 05, 2016, 11:26:25 am
Thx.

I wonder how he wound up with that property. Was it from his oil and natural gas days..or did he buy that as an investment way back when?

QuoteOn Dec. 30, 2014, Jerry Jones, who was a Razorback football player in the 1960s, purchased from Chambers Bank a section of land that included the general Cummings Farm site. The purchase price was about $7.3 million, according to a land deed with that date.

The land, which was quickly donated to the Razorback Foundation, has different borders than the Cummings Farm site appraised in 2012. It's more than twice the size and includes more frontage along South Cato Springs Road.

http://www.arkansasonline.com/news/2016/jun/05/256-acre-gift-a-bit-wait-and-see-201606-1/?f=news-arkansas
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

ricepig

Quote from: LZH on June 05, 2016, 11:26:25 am
Thx.

Neither, what problems are you having with the link? Clear out your cache if you've read too many free articles, lol. The land was bought from Chamber's Bank, JJ b-I-l, which had foreclosed on it. It was part of a proposed project call Southpass, I believe a former AD'S son was involved in it, along with others.

Dr. Starcs

But let's have all the Cowboys haters bash Jerry...

ricepig

June 05, 2016, 12:06:16 pm #10 Last Edit: June 05, 2016, 12:58:55 pm by ricepig
Quote from: Dr. Starcs on June 05, 2016, 12:02:31 pm
But let's have all the Cowboys haters bash Jerry...

What Jerry does to the Cowboys, and for the Razorbacks aren't the same, lol.

LZH

Quote from: ricepig on June 05, 2016, 11:42:28 am
Neither, what problems are you having with the link? Clear out your cache if you've read too many free articles, lol. The land was bought from Chamber's Bank, JJ b-I-l, which had foreclosed on it. It was part of a proposed project call Southpass, I believe a former AD'S son was involved in it, along with others.

I see.

I'm pretty sure I cleared out all my cache back around 2012....

ricepig

Quote from: LZH on June 05, 2016, 12:42:33 pm
I see.

I'm pretty sure I cleared out all my cache back around 2012....

She was only to get half......

factchecker

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

ricepig

supersaint

I'm not sure if it's in part 1 of 2, but there are some cool comments by JJ in these videos from 1993.

There's no sense in nonsense when the heat is hot.