Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Guidry surgery?

Started by ricepig, June 01, 2016, 08:08:32 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ricepig

Hog Solo

Hope for a quick recovery.

kp72204

I didn't realize he was hurt. Hoping for a speedy recovery.

Seebs

No rush - get that redshirt in and blow em away in 2017.
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: Seebs on June 01, 2016, 10:16:29 pm
No rush - get that redshirt in and blow em away in 2017.

Just think: it wasn't all that long ago when we counted STRONGLY on every incoming freshman DL to play a lot of minutes and contribute big time.

Now, nobody is freaking out, wringing their hands.  It's not a big deal, as you say.

And that makes a ton of difference -- not for us as fans, but for the quality of our team.
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

Seebs

Quote from: bigdaddyhawg on June 02, 2016, 07:39:35 am
Just think: it wasn't all that long ago when we counted STRONGLY on every incoming freshman DL to play a lot of minutes and contribute big time.

Now, nobody is freaking out, wringing their hands.  It's not a big deal, as you say.

And that makes a ton of difference -- not for us as fans, but for the quality of our team.

Indeed.
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

Jackrabbit Hog

Loved him throwing those wicked sliders for the Yankees.  Hope he makes a full recovery.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

LZH

When I saw the title of this thread, the first thing I thought of was "Ron?"....kind of tells my age doesn't it?

LZH

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on June 02, 2016, 08:02:25 am
Loved him throwing those wicked sliders for the Yankees.  Hope he makes a full recovery.

Beat me to it, eh?

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: LZH on June 02, 2016, 08:07:04 am
Beat me to it, eh?

Two old farts racing to show their age...  Kinda sad, isn't it?
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

lahawg1

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on June 02, 2016, 08:02:25 am

Yeah but he didn't have the Rollie Fingers 'stache going on.

ChitownHawg

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on June 02, 2016, 08:08:33 am

Sad and pitiful.  ;)
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

LZH

Apparently my age is the only thing about me that races anymore. I was thinking earlier that I am old enough to have been at Ray Winder Field when Fernando Valenzuela came thru town that Saturday night. I was old enough to drink then, which now puts me firmly in the upper-middle age category.

Dammit.

Tusks

Anyone know what the surgery was for?  Is he definitely out for the season?

I know he can RS but I thought he might be good enough to go to the draft after 3 years.  I'd hate for him to RS and then only play 2 years.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

PonderinHog

Quote from: LZH on June 02, 2016, 08:20:12 am
Apparently my age is the only thing about me that races anymore. I was thinking earlier that I am old enough to have been at Ray Winder Field when Fernando Valenzuela came thru town that Saturday night. I was old enough to drink then, which now puts me firmly in the upper-middle age category.

Dammit.
You ever heard of Boots Day?

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: PonderinHog on June 02, 2016, 09:20:32 am

FIFY, and yes, I remember Boots.   And Hookslide Bradshaw.  And Jackie Stripling.  And Kenny Reitz.  And Bake McBride.  Etc.

PonderinHog

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on June 02, 2016, 09:24:19 am
FIFY, and yes, I remember Boots.   And Hookslide Bradshaw.  And Jackie Stripling.  And Kenny Reitz.  And Bake McBride.  Etc.
I fixed it my damn self.   >:(

His wiki page has nothing on his time with the Travelers.  The last time I saw anything on him was when the base coach was killed by a liner a few years ago.

Dang, you're old!  Own it!

LZH

Quote from: PonderinHog on June 02, 2016, 09:20:32 am

I don't think so, should that make me feel younger?

IronMountainHog

Probably just had it scoped.

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: sevenof400 on June 02, 2016, 09:58:03 am
Make it three.

I do remember watching Guidry pitch in his prime too.  Holy Cow, he could bring it.

Another thread successfully derailed.   Sorry, ricepig.

PonderinHog

Quote from: sevenof400 on June 02, 2016, 10:15:20 am
It's what we do.

And we do it very well!
It's not my fault his parents named him Guidry...

dowils

Quote from: LZH on June 02, 2016, 08:20:12 am

Dammit.

There were people standing along the fence in the outfield about 4 or 5 deep in front of the wall.  That was funny seeing the people on the field...LOL

ricepig

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on June 02, 2016, 10:09:43 am
Another thread successfully derailed.   Sorry, ricepig.

I knew of Boots Randolph, didn't know the Day fellow......

fishes2000

Quote from: dowils on June 02, 2016, 10:27:06 am
There were people standing along the fence in the outfield about 4 or 5 deep in front of the wall.  That was funny seeing the people on the field...LOL

I was there on the warning track in right field. Don't remember much about the game except it was weird being on the field with a strohs beer in hand. $1 beer and $1 hot dogs.

PonderinHog

Quote from: ricepig on June 02, 2016, 10:39:05 am
I knew of Boots Randolph, didn't know the Day fellow......
Wasn't he Steve Sax's uncle or something ???

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: PonderinHog on June 02, 2016, 10:42:45 am
Wasn't he Steve Sax's uncle or something ???

If he was, he forgot to teach Steve how to throw.

LZH

Quote from: dowils on June 02, 2016, 10:27:06 am

That's right, it sure was. Was there something like eight or ten thousand people there in a venue that only held about 3,000? And the fact that he pitched that night was not really even the main attraction, it was all of the hoopla leading up to that. At least I was lucky enough to have gotten there early...I was sitting in the stands somewhere around first base.

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: LZH on June 02, 2016, 10:57:15 am
That's right, it sure was. Was there something like eight or ten thousand people there in a venue that only held about 3,000? And the fact that he pitched that night was not really even the main attraction, it was all of the hoopla leading up to that. At least I was lucky enough to have gotten there early...I was sitting in the stands somewhere around first base.

The biggest crowds at Ray Winder were always for the following events:

4.  Major league stars like Valenzuela stopping by on a rehab assignment;
3.  Junker car giveaway night;
2.  The San Diego Chicken;
1.  CAPTAIN DYNAMITE!!!

Man, I miss that place. 

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: sevenof400 on June 02, 2016, 11:08:54 am
Jack Clark and Tommy Herr came through Ray Winder as well (among may others).

Anyone here ever know someone who won a junker car?

I won a free Quarter Pounder from McDonalds playing bingo there one night.  That's the best I ever did.

Tom Pagnozzi came through on rehab in the late '90s and I took my son to see the game.  He hit 3 dingers that night, and before he left for St. Louis he gave Bill Valentine enough money to redo the Travelers' old out-of-date clubhouse.  That, my friend, is a class act.

LZH

The San Diego Chicken! Boy does that bring back 80's memories of Joker 1.25's and watered down beer.

RaisinHog

Stuby clapp over through the first baseman and drilled me in the head in warm ups when I was kid and I got all kinds of free bats and balls!

26.2Hog

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on June 02, 2016, 11:04:25 am
The biggest crowds at Ray Winder were always for the following events:

4.  Major league stars like Valenzuela stopping by on a rehab assignment;
3.  Junker car giveaway night;
2.  The San Diego Chicken;
1.  CAPTAIN DYNAMITE!!!

Man, I miss that place.

Took my kids to see Fernando, and all the other stuff too.

Loved Captain Dynamite. Sometimes he would bring Dynamite Dina and Lieutenant TNT with him.

Good times . . . good times.

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: sevenof400 on June 02, 2016, 11:08:54 am
Jack Clark and Tommy Herr came through Ray Winder as well (among may others).

Anyone here ever know someone who won a junker car?

The best Travelers team I ever saw was the 1978 team that was allowed to stay together for about a half a season.  Tommy Herr, Leon Durham, Terry Kennedy and several others that eventually played in the Bigs.  They were tearing up the Texas League and then all got called up about the same time, with a couple of months to go in the season.  I was so pished off...

Oh, and I hope Guidry's recovery goes well.

Hogfaniam

Quote from: sevenof400 on June 02, 2016, 09:58:03 am
Make it three.

I do remember watching Guidry pitch in his prime too.  Holy Cow, he could bring it.

Four.  That 78 year was unreal for a little guy
"My dog Sam eats purple flowers"

TheRazorback500

Quote from: LZH on June 02, 2016, 02:26:18 pm
The San Diego Chicken! Boy does that bring back 80's memories of Joker 1.25's and watered down beer.
I resemble that remark.  ;D
Do you wanna get Rocked?

PonderinHog

In a final, hopeless attempt to get this thread back on track,  who all remembers the home run hole in right field and how much it paid the player?  Bonus question - Did anyone ever see anybody actually do it?

Now back to your regularly scheduled programming...

OS2 (SW) Razor Back

The Giants win the penent!!!!!The Giants win the penent!!!
Today, I consider myself the luckiest man on the face of the Earth.
I can't believe what I just saw!!!!
Down goes Frazier!!!! Down goes Frazier!!!
Do you believe in miricles?!?!?!

LZH

Quote from: PonderinHog on June 02, 2016, 07:49:30 pm
In a final, hopeless attempt to get this thread back on track,  who all remembers the home run hole in right field and how much it paid the player?  Bonus question - Did anyone ever see anybody actually do it?

Now back to your regularly scheduled programming...

???

You are making that up.

PonderinHog

Quote from: LZH on June 02, 2016, 11:30:54 pm
???

You are making that up.
Am not!  Boots almost knocked two through it when I saw him play there.  He was aiming for it.

LZH

Quote from: PonderinHog on June 02, 2016, 11:34:15 pm
Am not!  Boots almost knocked two through it when I saw him play there.  He was aiming for it.

Okay now I am sure I'm being punked....where's the camera?

You know that I only have a few reasonable posts per day in me and I hit my limit waaaay back, so make it as painless as possible......who is Boots?

PonderinHog

LZH

Quote from: PonderinHog on June 03, 2016, 12:08:51 am
Man, that was in 1968! 

http://www.baseball-reference.com/register/player.cgi?id=day---002cha

...as well as the Florida Instructional League.

See, I learn something new on Hogville every day.

HogMantheIntruder

Quote from: tusked on June 02, 2016, 08:41:55 am
Anyone know what the surgery was for?  Is he definitely out for the season?

I know he can RS but I thought he might be good enough to go to the draft after 3 years.  I'd hate for him to RS and then only play 2 years.
FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY INFORMATION ON THIS TOPIC???
"When life hands you lemons, just shut up and eat the damn lemons."
   -Harry Solomon

Jackrabbit Hog

I remember the home run hole well.  Don the right field line, just below the top if the fence.  I think it paid maybe $1000 for hitting it?  Never saw anyone do it.

PonderinHog

Quote from: LZH on June 03, 2016, 01:06:19 am
...as well as the Florida Instructional League.

See, I learn something new on Hogville every day.
You're out of line!   >:(

Or off a couple.  He hit 17 homers for the Travs in '68.  Texas League

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: PonderinHog on June 03, 2016, 07:27:57 am
You're out of line!   >:(

Or off a couple.  He hit 17 homers for the Travs in '68.  Texas League

Hector Cruz was a home run hittin' machine for one year there.  Looked like an absolute can't miss star, but just never made it big in the majors.  Same thing with Big John Young. 

By the way, how did Guidry's surgery go??

PonderinHog

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on June 03, 2016, 08:15:04 am
Hector Cruz was a home run hittin' machine for one year there.  Looked like an absolute can't miss star, but just never made it big in the majors.  Same thing with Big John Young. 

By the way, how did Guidry's surgery go??
I doubt if his fastball will ever be the same.

SamBuckhart

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on June 02, 2016, 04:01:26 pm
The best Travelers team I ever saw was the 1978 team that was allowed to stay together for about a half a season.  Tommy Herr, Leon Durham, Terry Kennedy and several others that eventually played in the Bigs.  They were tearing up the Texas League and then all got called up about the same time, with a couple of months to go in the season.  I was so pished off...

Oh, and I hope Guidry's recovery goes well.
I was there. There was a 1B named John Young around that time who hit these moon shots over the screen in right. He came up through the Twins organization and was supposed to be the next Harmon Killebrew. I have an autographed scorecard and ball from those guys. Don't forget Nick Leyva (sp) at 3B. Managed in the bigs. Too many memories. Texas Rangers vs Houston Astros. My son and I sat right behind Rangers dugout. Magic time.
BE TRUE TO YOUR SCHOOL. THE UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS!!!  WOOO PIG!!!

ricepig

TheRazorback500

Do you wanna get Rocked?