Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Arkansas-TCU Kickoff Time And TV Announced

Started by Scott Marshall, June 01, 2016, 02:25:42 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Scott Marshall

Arkansas' Sept. 10 kickoff at TCU in Fort Worth, Texas, will be televised live on either ESPN or ESPN2 at 6 p.m. CST, it was announced Wednesday by the Big 12 Conference.

The game will mark the first time the Razorbacks have played TCU since both schools were members of the Southwest Conference in 1991. The Razorbacks own a 43-23-2 advantage in the all-time series.

Arkansas went 8-5 (5-3 SEC) last season. The Razorbacks won six of their last seven games, including a 45-23 decision over Kansas State in the 2016 AutoZone Liberty Bowl. With the win, Arkansas became the only SEC West program to win a bowl game each of the last two seasons (2014, 2015).

Highlighted by back-to-back wins at No. 19 Ole Miss and No. 9 LSU, Arkansas went 3-1 in true road games in 2015. All three road wins came against SEC programs that finished in the final Associated Press Top 25 poll.

The Razorbacks open the 2016 season against Louisiana Tech on Sept. 3. Other non-conference games include Texas State on Sept. 17 and Alcorn State on Oct. 1 in Little Rock, Arkansas.

TCU went 11-2 (7-2 Big 12) in 2015 for its eighth 11-win season in the last 11 years. After completing a 31-point comeback in their 47-41 triple-overtime win over Oregon in the 2016 Valero Alamo Bowl, the Horned Frogs finished the season ranked No. 7 in the final AP Top 25 poll.

TCU opens the 2016 campaign with a Sept. 3 home game against South Dakota State.

For more information on Arkansas Football, follow @RazorbackFB on Twitter.

-- ArkansasRazorbacks.com || On Twitter @ArkRazorbacks || Facebook.com/ArkansasRazorbacks --

hogcard1964

I am so fired up!  I hope we kick the living you know what, out of them!!!!

Hogwild

QuoteTCU went 11-2 (7-2 Big 12) in 2015 for its eighth 11-win season in the last 11 years.

Who could have guessed that back in 2003.

staffhog

Mike_e

They may kick our butts.  But they're going to have to do it because talking about that happening doesn't prove anything.

Our (hopefully) slimmed down D line may be the key to the game and if it is it may well be a looong day for the todies.
The best "one thing" for a happy life?
Just be the best person that you can manage.  Right Now!

GoHogs1091

Quote from: Hogwild on June 01, 2016, 02:53:46 pm

Gary Patterson is the main reason.

Patterson is probably a Top 5 Coach in CFB.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Hogwild on June 01, 2016, 02:53:46 pm

Who would have guessed years ago we would have a 22 years I believe it was, win streak against them.......................Yes they were not good back then but even not good teams usually win once every 10 years or so against a yearly opponent.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: GoHogs1091 on June 01, 2016, 06:16:43 pm
Gary Patterson is the main reason.

Patterson is probably a Top 5 Coach in CFB.

The best thing coaching wise to ever happen to them. It goes to show you that given the right coach at the right place at the right time with the right commitment from all concerned that it can happen anywhere.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on June 01, 2016, 06:50:26 pm
The best thing coaching wise to ever happen to them. It goes to show you that given the right coach at the right place at the right time with the right commitment from all concerned that it can happen anywhere.
in the lil 12 it can. that doesn't always fly in the sec.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

HogMantheIntruder

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 01, 2016, 10:05:15 pm
I respectfully disagree. I think it can happen anywhere, and I think something similar is happening at Arkansas right now. Of course, I'm a glass half full kind of guy.  ;)
"When life hands you lemons, just shut up and eat the damn lemons."
   -Harry Solomon

Inhogswetrust

Florida wasn't the Florida we know of today until the Old ball coach arrived and even so they have had years where they weren't so great after he left. LSU had been up and down, even Bama has had ups and downs. The only difference between the traditional powers and others is they can recover and climb back up quicker given the right hire.

SamBuckhart

Quote from: hogcard1964 on June 01, 2016, 02:43:07 pm
I am so fired up!  I hope we kick the living you know what, out of them!!!!

100%. The last time our family was there was Joe Klein senior year. We won the BB game and the hosts were rude and foul mouthed. We need this to be a win. Wooo Pig!
BE TRUE TO YOUR SCHOOL. THE UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS!!!  WOOO PIG!!!

a0ashle

Some of the SEC is starting to look like the lil 12...

razorburn

I am sooooooo excited about this game!  i live in Fort Worth but grew up in Arkansas and graduated from the UofA.
Honestly, i was pretty bummed when Arkansas didn't try to hire Patterson away from TCU......i've since changed my mind.  Couldn't be happier with Bielema. But, with Patterson at the helm, no doubt, it will be a tough game!  GO HOGS!!!

Jim Harris

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on June 01, 2016, 06:48:44 pm
Who would have guessed years ago we would have a 22 years I believe it was, win streak against them.......................Yes they were not good back then but even not good teams usually win once every 10 years or so against a yearly opponent.

The were good when the 22-game win streak started. But by 1964, TCU alum and SI college football writer (and golf writer) Dan Jenkins proclaimed at the end of that day in the Amon Carter Stadium pressbox, "TCU will NEVER beat Arkansas again." He came close to being right.
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

Dwight_K_Shrute

Just to add some perspective, Patterson did not turn TCU around.  He has done a phenomenal job, but it was actually Dennis Franchione that resurrected the program and set the table for Patterson. 

The year before Fran arrived at TCU they were 1-10, and had been to 1 bowl game in the previous 6 years.  Fran was only at TCU for 3 years but they immediately went from 1-10  to 7-5 to 8-4 to 10-1.  Patterson took over a 10-1 football program that had 3 years of positive momentum. 

With that being said Patterson is a top coach, better coach than Fran, and had to sustain that success with transitions from the WAC to CUSA to Mountain West, to Big 12.  Biggest accomplishment may be getting TCU back to top tier after a couple down years transitioning from MW to B12. 
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on June 02, 2016, 10:06:04 am
Just to add some perspective, Patterson did not turn TCU around.  He has done a phenomenal job, but it was actually Dennis Franchione that resurrected the program and set the table for Patterson. 

The year before Fran arrived at TCU they were 1-10, and had been to 1 bowl game in the previous 6 years.  Fran was only at TCU for 3 years but they immediately went from 1-10  to 7-5 to 8-4 to 10-1.  Patterson took over a 10-1 football program that had 3 years of positive momentum. 

With that being said Patterson is a top coach, better coach than Fran, and had to sustain that success with transitions from the WAC to CUSA to Mountain West, to Big 12.  Biggest accomplishment may be getting TCU back to top tier after a couple down years transitioning from MW to B12. 

Well done. I forgot all about him being there.