Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bret Bielema at SEC spring meetings

Started by SwazyHog, May 31, 2016, 06:06:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

SwazyHog

May 31, 2016, 06:06:39 pm Last Edit: May 31, 2016, 06:22:22 pm by SwazyHog

We've got a great coach, I hope he can start to put together a few more wins. :razorback:
"I felt like I owed it to the state. They let me come in and transfer here to Arkansas, and I felt like it wouldn't be fair after one year to just up and leave."

"This is your Public Service Announcement  for 2010: Remember, No One's Buckass Snitshit Crazier Than Arkansas Fans."

ricepig

I had read some tweets from it, but as usual, they don't do him justice. I love to hear him talk about the ins and outs of our program, and of the game itself.

Pig in the Pokey

May 31, 2016, 07:13:12 pm #2 Last Edit: May 31, 2016, 07:26:40 pm by Pig in the Pokey
Quote from: ricepig on May 31, 2016, 07:05:07 pm
I had read some tweets from it, but as usual, they don't do him justice. I love to hear him talk about the ins and outs of our program, and of the game itself.
it's so different than BP, The Clown, and MOTHO. Just embarrassing for one reason or another. Bret represents!
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

Dr. Starcs

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: ricepig on May 31, 2016, 07:05:07 pm

He freely admits that it has taken some time to acclimate to the SEC and that he continues to learn as a HC, but this is refreshing coming from a HC that had so much success prior to coming here. He "gets it". If he can turn the corner in terms of more wins than losses and being occasionally competitive for the SECCG, he will be here as long as he wants to be here.
Go Hogs Go!

Pig in the Pokey

There's you guys' answer on the Michigan OT transfer....
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on May 31, 2016, 07:20:30 pm
He freely admits that it has taken some time to acclimate to the SEC and that he continues to learn as a HC, but this is refreshing coming from a HC that had so much success prior to coming here. He "gets it". If he can turn the corner in terms of more wins than losses and being occasionally competitive for the SECCG, he will be here as long as he wants to be here.
Yeah, he has gotten better since he's been here. Much less stubborn, less conservative but also less crazy-gambler (although I'm sure when we sucked so bad he had to gamble more).
@Slackaveli

Ugly Uncle

This is why I loved covering Bret.

He speaks his mind. He isn't trying to be a jerk.  He gives you good information.  He doesn't try to make you look stupid.  He gives great sound bites.  He is quick on his feet.

We all should be proud of how he represents the school.
Retired Radio Host

ALLVOL

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on May 31, 2016, 07:20:30 pm
He was a good hire.

AirWarren

Bret Bielema is just awesome. So glad he is our coach.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: AP85 on May 31, 2016, 08:35:20 pm
Bret Bielema is just awesome. So glad he is our coach.

He is genuine. I like it. He could choose to blow smoke, but he just tells it like it is.
Go Hogs Go!

rljjr

I really appreciate his candor and passion for the game. That definitely comes through.

I'm very interested to find out more about the video proposal and watching the further discussion on underclassmen.

mckinneyhog5

There is no other coach I would rather have then BB.  I liked the hire at first but have grown to like the guy so much that I wouldn't trade him for anyone.
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

Sivad

I wanted to like him from the day he was hired - and he's made it real easy.
Woo Pig Coach B :razorback:

flagstaffhog

Great interview. Thanks for posting.

Go HOGS Go!
Go HOGS Go!

GuvHog

Quote from: Ched "UglyUncle" Carpenter on May 31, 2016, 07:49:20 pm
This is why I loved covering Bret.

He speaks his mind. He isn't trying to be a jerk.  He gives you good information.  He doesn't try to make you look stupid.  He gives great sound bites.  He is quick on his feet.

We all should be proud of how he represents the school.

He does indeed represent the U of A well.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

lumphog

Quote from: SwazyHog on May 31, 2016, 06:06:39 pm

We've got a great coach, I hope he can start to put together a few more wins. :razorback:
They ARE commin....... WE have the BEST coach in the country. I'm VERY pleased. It's gonna be a VERY GOOD year.