Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ex-Arkansas WR Kendrick Edwards Transfers To ASU

Started by MuskogeeHogFan, May 31, 2016, 05:56:24 am

Previous topic - Next topic

MuskogeeHogFan

Not sure if anyone saw this or not so I thought I would post it for informational purposes. I hope he makes the most of his second chance.

Edwards announced his decision to go with the Red Wolves on Twitter Wednesday night. He will be eligible to play in 2017 and will have two years of eligibility left.

http://campussports.net/ex-arkansas-wr-kendrick-edwards-transfers-to-arkansas-state/
Go Hogs Go!

HogimusMaximus

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on May 31, 2016, 05:56:24 am
Not sure if anyone saw this or not so I thought I would post it for informational purposes. I hope he makes the most of his second chance.

Edwards announced his decision to go with the Red Wolves on Twitter Wednesday night. He will be eligible to play in 2017 and will have two years of eligibility left.

http://campussports.net/ex-arkansas-wr-kendrick-edwards-transfers-to-arkansas-state/

THis is a big loss for our depth.  Best of luck to the young man.

southeasthog

Quote from: HogimusMaximus on May 31, 2016, 06:08:10 am

Seeing as how he and JoJo were released last October, I'm not seeing the depth problem you are.

Also, good luck Kendrick.

HogimusMaximus

Quote from: southeasthog on May 31, 2016, 06:17:18 am
Seeing as how he and JoJo were released last October, I'm not seeing the depth problem you are.

Also, good luck Kendrick.

He was released with the understanding that he  could earn his way back.  Not coming back hurts our depth.

1highhog

I wish Edwards well, but I see no depth problem by him leaving in our WR Corp.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: HogimusMaximus on May 31, 2016, 06:20:55 am
He was released with the understanding that he  could earn his way back.  Not coming back hurts our depth.

From the article:

Edwards had been dismissed from Arkansas in March of last year and was given permission to speak with other teams about a transfer. However, he was reinstated shortly after but later permanently dismissed in the middle of the season due to unspecified reasons.

He was apparently given that opportunity. Yes, his transfer leaves us with one less WR. Now we are stuck with just 13 WR's to begin the season. ;)

I wish Mr. Edwards well at ASU.
Go Hogs Go!

ricepig

No he wasn't.

hawgmasta

Yeah he's been long gone; hope he does well at ASU he's got the size for it.

bigdaddyhawg

Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

hoghappy

If he keeps his nose clean and does his work, he should be huge for the Indian Red Wolves.

longpig

was

Don't be scared, be smart.

Seebs

An example of how this truly effects the WR depth chart:

" Coach, coach, Hatcher has a calf cramp .. .and, and , Hollester has mono, and Morgan has a sty in his eye, and Cornelius has Zika, and Pettway has cooties, and Stewart has seven ingrown shin hairs that have become infected, and, and, Reed is living la vida loca!   What will be do!?!?!"

Coach replies 'Well at least we have Kendrick Edwards.'

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! He left us - we are the doomed!

Good luck Kendrick. Hope you do well at ASU.
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

Dr. Starcs

Waaaaaaaaahhhhhh

rhames

No it doesn't. Loaded at WR this year.
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

ricepig

Quote from: HogimusMaximus on May 31, 2016, 08:17:02 am
You are not "in the know".

"I think both realize how things have gone," Bielema said. "I sat down with them both and wanted them to understand there is going to be an ending to this chapter so let's make it as positive as we can."

East Clintwood

Hope he does well with the Red Indian Wolves.
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

Vantage 8 dude

When it became evident that he wasn't coming back the issue as to whether it hurt our depth lost it's relevancy. You can't use a player you weren't getting back. Besides, WR is one of the positions where we do have adequate depth.

clutch

Quote from: HogimusMaximus on May 31, 2016, 08:17:02 am
You are not "in the know".

Considering that he was eventually permanently dismissed I'm going to say that he is right on this one.

ChitownHawg

Quit your whining.  ;)
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

King Kong

Not coming back hurts our depth.

How does losing your 9th best WR hurt depth? He was so Medicore that they tried to RS him last year.

And I think I'm being very generous on 9th

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: HogimusMaximus on May 31, 2016, 08:15:46 am
Quit yer whining.

Hahahaha -- I'm just trying to help a friend out.  You need a healthier perspective on things.
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

Biggus Piggus

[CENSORED]!

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Hawg_Thai'd

Best of luck to KE and pleased that he decided to stay within the state.
Depth don't really matter because all we do is run the ball all the time anyway. (Sarc off)
I'm a helluva guy. One of the best, in fact.