Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Diamond Hogs-Mavericks Game Thread

Started by hogfan13, March 04, 2006, 12:54:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hugehogsfan

Yes wouldn't it be nice to have good coaches across the board at the U of A.  Pipe Dreams I guess. 

warparty44

Quote from: PoconoHog on March 04, 2006, 04:54:04 pm
Moore grounds out.
GAME OVER!!
HOGS 7 -1
couldnt have happened to a better player for them to end the game on !!

Maddhog

I would be thrilled to have someone like DVH coaching football. 
"He hits from both sides of the plate.  He's amphibious."

Hugehogsfan

We forgive you for having a cast on this time.  But in the future you should really try to use both hands equally. 

warparty44

who all is going to be at the home stand next weekend ?

Hugehogsfan

He has so much knowledge on how to teach the game that I don't think that we are ever going to want him to leave.  Unlike some of our other coaches who don't seem to know what to do unless they look to their older and more knowledgable coaches.

hogbalz

Was this the last game in the tournament ? No chance of playing Washington again ? Thanks for the updates.
In doing your work in the great world, it is a safe plan to follow a rule I once heard on the football field: Don't flinch, don't fall; hit the line hard.
--Theodore Roosevelt

If you don't make a total commitment to whatever you're doing, then you start looking to bail out the first time the boat starts leaking. It's tough enough getting that boat to shore with everybody rowing, let alone when a guy stands up and starts putting his jacket on.
--Lou Holtz

PoconoHog

Quote from: Hugehogsfan on March 04, 2006, 05:03:40 pm
We forgive you for having a cast on this time.  But in the future you should really try to use both hands equally. 
I was trying to use both hands equally!!
"All right, they're on our left, they're on our right, they're in front of us, they're behind us...they can't get away this time." 
Never one to mince words, "We're surrounded," he said in battle. "That simplifies the problem."  Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller

Hugehogsfan

Sorry I am not trying to derail this thread.  I will stop now.

Go Diamond Hogs.  Good job those of you who were updating us losers who can't or don't have an opportunity to listen. 

TheUrge68

Quote from: hogbalz on March 04, 2006, 05:07:35 pm
Was this the last game in the tournament ? No chance of playing Washington again ? Thanks for the updates.

no chance hogs are flying out this evening
Inside me lives a skinny woman trying to get out. I can usually shut the bitch up with cookies - Unknown

PoconoHog

Last game for the Hogs.  Hawaii and Washington scheduled to play a double header over there today. Raining hard...so doubt if they play both games.
"All right, they're on our left, they're on our right, they're in front of us, they're behind us...they can't get away this time." 
Never one to mince words, "We're surrounded," he said in battle. "That simplifies the problem."  Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller

HouTxRzbck

Does anyone know how the other teams faired in this tourney?
"Do you do drugs Danny...?"

"...Every Day"

"So what's the problem...?"

Hugehogsfan

Well there was some type of underlying joke there but I am proud of you trying, good job. 

hogbalz

Quote from: TheUrge68 on March 04, 2006, 05:08:44 pm

Not trying to sound stupid but did we win the tournament? I thought Washington was still undefeated.
In doing your work in the great world, it is a safe plan to follow a rule I once heard on the football field: Don't flinch, don't fall; hit the line hard.
--Theodore Roosevelt

If you don't make a total commitment to whatever you're doing, then you start looking to bail out the first time the boat starts leaking. It's tough enough getting that boat to shore with everybody rowing, let alone when a guy stands up and starts putting his jacket on.
--Lou Holtz

Hugehogsfan

Well I guess it was a good tournament to get some experience for our young players but I don't think that it was well run with that no championship crap. 

HouTxRzbck

Quote from: hogbalz on March 04, 2006, 05:11:16 pm

Not trying to sound stupid but did we win the tournament? I thought Washington was still undefeated.

I thought Washington lost the game after they beat us.  I think Hawaii if I'm not mistaken.  Not positive about that though.

"...Every Day"

PoconoHog

Quote from: Hugehogsfan on March 04, 2006, 05:11:09 pm
Well there was some type of underlying joke there but I am proud of you trying, good job. 
I know you were joking. Just a little embarrassed at how bad some of the typing came out. I can actually spell better than what it looked like. Just happy to help out anyone who can't get the game.

warparty44

Quote from: Hugehogsfan on March 04, 2006, 05:08:29 pm

Go Diamond Hogs.  Good job those of you who were updating us losers who can't or don't have an opportunity to listen. 
no need to apologize, we understand completely. DVH is an awesome coach.
Quote from: Hugehogsfan on March 04, 2006, 05:08:29 pm

No need to apologize hugehog, we agree totally.  DVH could teach a few others on the hill a thing or two.  He is a great coach and teaches his kids the fundamentals of the game and his philosophy and they understand it. Those kids would run through a brick wall for him !!

TheUrge68

Quote from: hogbalz on March 04, 2006, 05:11:16 pm

Hawaii and Washington play a double header tonight if it doesn't get called off on account of rain.  If Hawaii beats Washington in one of those games then we depart as the tourney champs.
Inside me lives a skinny woman trying to get out. I can usually shut the bitch up with cookies - Unknown

Hugehogsfan

How can you have any pudding if you don't eat your meat?  Yes You know that we should have a winner in any competition that we play in.  I mean how do you know who the champion is?

HouTxRzbck

Quote from: Hugehogsfan on March 04, 2006, 05:12:39 pm
Well I guess it was a good tournament to get some experience for our young players but I don't think that it was well run with that no championship crap. 

It seemed like...Hey, everyone play eachother and then we can just play some pickup games toward the end. 

I mean...Why did we play UTA three times and the others once?

"...Every Day"

PoconoHog

Washington does have a loss. If Hawaii beats them at least once in the games they are scheduled to play today...the Hogs would have the best won/loss record. Don't know how or if they declare anyone
the winner.

Hugehogsfan

Well two more posts and I will be a step closer to the cool guys on this website.  YEAH!!!!

HouTxRzbck

Quote from: PoconoHog on March 04, 2006, 05:16:16 pm
Washington does have a loss. If Hawaii beats them at least once in the games they are scheduled to play today...the Hogs would have the best won/loss record. Don't know how or if they declare anyone
the winner.

It's one of those...everyone's a winner tourney...how PC :)

"...Every Day"

TheUrge68

Hawaii did beat washington earlier this week and UTA beat Hawaii aswell.  We would be champs because we left with only one loss

Hugehogsfan

Is Washington a ranked team?  I know they were talking about their pitcher the other night, I guess he is an All-American or something.

hogbalz

Thanks for the updates again. Is this possibly the most confusing tournament of all time? ;D
--Theodore Roosevelt

--Lou Holtz

HouTxRzbck

Quote from: Hugehogsfan on March 04, 2006, 05:18:27 pm
Is Washington a ranked team?  I know they were talking about their pitcher the other night, I guess he is an All-American or something.

Yep, the pitcher we faced was their ACE all american.

"...Every Day"

Hugehogsfan

I would like to thank the academy and all those people who supported me through that damn LSU game in which I think I posted like 200 posts in one night cussing the hogs and than getting excited and then cussing and crying again.  You guys are great.

TheUrge68

Wahsington I don't think is ranked but Hawaii was around 30 I believe

Hugehogsfan

Well at least we lost to an All American I can take that better than losing to Ole Miss and then beating some good teams.  Oh there I go again complaining. 

HouTxRzbck

Quote from: TheUrge68 on March 04, 2006, 05:21:23 pm

They were ranked 24th when we played them.

"...Every Day"

Hugehogsfan

I guess I need to change my avatar.  I don't know what do you guys think.  I love that movie and it makes me laugh everytime I look at it. 

PoconoHog

Perhaps talk to you folks tomorrow. I'll be trying to watch the basketball game on yahoo and going back and forth to the updates here on the 'ville.
Everyone have a good Saturday evening.
WPS!

Hugehogsfan

Well what does our schedule look like this week?

Hugehogsfan

See ya PoconoHog good job once again.

Zen_Hog

Quote from: PoconoHog on March 04, 2006, 05:27:12 pm
Perhaps talk to you folks tomorrow. I'll be trying to watch the basketball game on yahoo and going back and forth to the updates here on the 'ville.
Everyone have a good Saturday evening.
WPS!

Alright, have a good one

Hugehogsfan

How about the rest of the SEC anyone good in there?

cityhog

hogfan13

7-1 Hogs.We improve to 13-1 on the Year

hogfan13

Quote from: HouTxRzbck on March 04, 2006, 05:23:35 pm
Quote from: TheUrge68 on March 04, 2006, 05:21:23 pm

They were ranked 24th when we played them.
Hawaii is 24th and Washington is 30th