Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Humes from Harding to Kentucky in softball. Still failing at recruiting.

Started by bigpigpimpin, July 23, 2017, 03:24:13 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bigpigpimpin

I don't know what it's going to take. If you look at all the talent that has gone elsewhere the past several years out of our state, we could at least be competitive in the SEC instead of morbidly bad. We have had kids go to Alabama,  kentucky, oregon, etc....and the kicker is that Arkansas didn't go after them hard. It's mind numbing.

razorjack

You may want to go to another board as this one is for women's sports.

HOG FANATIC

You might want to research who Autumn Humes is before you chastise someone.  She had a great career at Bald Knob and a great freshman year at Harding University.

psycHOGlogist

Lol. Personally, I will wait until she throws a single meaningful DI pitch before I wring my I hands over our recruiting. So in demand that she signed with Harding out of high school.  Hope she has a nice career at KY except for when she plays Arkansas.

Also, it's hard to take your complaints seriously when the recruits you're griping about would have been recruited by the former staff.

MrKlem10

No disrespect but the  D2 GAC is not the D1 SEC.  Let her throw a pitch before you start calling this a miss by Arkansas.

MoHog74

Time will tell on whether AR missed out here or not.  No disrespect to our team, but maybe she wanted to play for the 7th place conference finisher in 2017, instead of the 12th place  finisher.

wps1

Arkansas did recruit Humes, along with several other power 5 schools. Of course, the Razorbacks did not offer her as much financial support, per usual with many of the in-state recruits. In the end, she visited Mississippi State, Arkansas, Oklahoma State, and Kentucky. She also considered using her 5th visit to attend LSU at one point, as well. It is my understanding that the other schools offered Humes a full-ride, but that did not come directly from her.

Mork

I believe she has played her last game at Harding and will be pitching for either Ole Miss or Okie State next year.

wps1

Humes has already announced that she is going to Kentucky.

http://www.gobigbluecountry.com/harding-university-transfer-autumn-humes-commits-kentucky-softball/

I have no doubts that she will be successful. Autumn is a high-character individual and has an exceptional work-ethic. She will do very well at Kentucky.

nwahogfan1

Quote from: bigpigpimpin on July 23, 2017, 03:24:13 pm
I don't know what it's going to take. If you look at all the talent that has gone elsewhere the past several years out of our state, we could at least be competitive in the SEC instead of morbidly bad. We have had kids go to Alabama,  kentucky, oregon, etc....and the kicker is that Arkansas didn't go after them hard. It's mind numbing.

Did we offer?  How much scholarship money could we offer?  Did Kentucky offer more money and a better chance to play sooner.  Lots of questions to ask ourselves.

NWASBFan

I think it's irrelevant at this point to talk about shoulda/woulda/coulda recruiting from the Larabee years and start fresh with what Deifel has been doing. She's only been there two seasons and don't forget has had to honor Larabee offers. I think she's going in the right direction now however and, as AR improves, the recruiting will be much easier for her. It's difficult to sell the school to players when we're in last place. This year was extremely heartening and I think it'll only get better.

psycHOGlogist

Quote from: NWASBFan on July 25, 2017, 10:24:42 am
I think it's irrelevant at this point to talk about shoulda/woulda/coulda recruiting from the Larabee years and start fresh with what Deifel has been doing. She's only been there two seasons and don't forget has had to honor Larabee offers. I think she's going in the right direction now however and, as AR improves, the recruiting will be much easier for her. It's difficult to sell the school to players when we're in last place. This year was extremely heartening and I think it'll only get better.

A+ -- great first post!

jackflash