Previous topic - Next topic

Bonehead

Given up 9, 3 pointers steady playing man

Bonehead

Can't guard no one have you ever heard of 3-2 Zone coach

Bonehead

We might as well go to student body and grab some players

nwahogfan1

Mizzu shot the ball beyond the arc very very well.  I think man defense should have slowed it down but one Mizzu lady shot 5 for 5 from beyond the arc.  Pretty good stat even if you are alone in the gym.  Mizzu would pass the ball inside and we would collapse to help and they would kick it out to a open shooter. That worked so well because Mizzu has some pretty good inside scorers and we are not big inside.  But I thought we played hard and that is all a coach can ask.  I was trying to read faces to see if they were having fun but I could not.  I was also trying to read the coaches faces to see if they were worried about their jobs and I could not tell there either.

On recruiting for the future I think our biggest weakness is on the inside.  We need some bigger ladies who can muscle and rebound on the inside plus score a little.   Our frames on the inside are just to thin.  We need some muscle, some weight to battle these teams on the inside. 

I do not know what will happen in the future but if Jimmy does return then I hope he is learning from all of his mistakes and will settle into a descent coach.    In recruiting we need some ladies over 6'1 tall who have some weight and muscle to them so they can muscle around inside the lane.

Bonehead

First of all, after a team hits 3 and four three pointers you don't continue to help.i rather give up a two inside than get burnt on 3's. That's called bad scouting .I will put it on record now and go ahead and make this prediction 2 players and 1 assistant will not return

LadybackBBFan

[quote author=nwahogfan1 link=topic=627342

On recruiting for the future I think our biggest weakness is on the inside.  We need some bigger ladies who can muscle and rebound on the inside plus score a little.   Our frames on the inside are just to thin.  We need some muscle, some weight to battle these teams on the inside. 
    In recruiting we need some ladies over 6'1 tall who have some weight and muscle to them so they can muscle around inside the lane.
[/quote]
Although I agree that we are weak on the inside, I do not agree that height is the only answer.  Look at UCON, they beat South Carolina last night with two players who are 5'11" (Williams who scored 26 points and had 14 rebounds) and 6'1" (Collier who scored 18 points and had 9 rebounds) doing most of their damage on the inside.  Our two tallest players, Jackson and Cooley, neither one can jump and neither one likes to mix it up - they are not tough but there is nothing wrong with their bodies and weight.  Our toughest player is Zimmerman who is 6'1", but definitely does not have the body to hang in their and also does not jump very well.  Williams has the potential to be a good SEC center, if she improves and gets good coaching over the summer.  My point is that there is more to being a good inside player than height and a good body.  Cooley has that but has been a big disappointment as far as I am concerned.

flippinhogmana

Quote from: LadybackBBFan on February 14, 2017, 12:45:13 pm
[quote author=nwahogfan1 link=topic=627342

In recruiting we need some ladies over 6'1 tall who have some weight and muscle to them so they can muscle around inside the lane.

Although I agree that we are weak on the inside, I do not agree that height is the only answer.  Look at UCON, they beat South Carolina last night with two players who are 5'11" (Williams who scored 26 points and had 14 rebounds) and 6'1" (Collier who scored 18 points and had 9 rebounds) doing most of their damage on the inside.  Our two tallest players, Jackson and Cooley, neither one can jump and neither one likes to mix it up - they are not tough but there is nothing wrong with their bodies and weight.  Our toughest player is Zimmerman who is 6'1", but definitely does not have the body to hang in their and also does not jump very well.  Williams has the potential to be a good SEC center, if she improves and gets good coaching over the summer.  My point is that there is more to being a good inside player than height and a good body.  Cooley has that but has been a big disappointment as far as I am concerned.

Doesnt that say it all Coach?
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

Bonehead

You trying to compare Uconn players to our's. Basketball is not about how high you can jump it's about fundamentals.Cooley is not a disappointment who recruited her.Its called a system how many buckets you score at Arkansas

Bonehead

You are a disappointment