Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Nice win today against Oklahoma

Started by BigSexyHog, December 21, 2014, 09:31:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BigSexyHog

Watched most of it over the Cowboy game.  If they would have hit some free throws they would have blown them out.
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

pigture perfect

The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

Rhog

Coach Dykes has the girls playing with an incredible intensity.
They are a lot of fun to watch. Once Coach Dykes gets several recruiting classes in combined with the work-rate he is establishing, the Lady Backs will be a force to be reckoned with.

RunHogruN

Great win for the Lady Backs. Hopefully they can upset some of the ranked teams in their schedule for resume building for the tourney.
It's only a game...R E L A X     B)

porkinsons disease

This hiding behind he has a great recruiting classcoming in crap is just another excuse for this man. you could give this man M. Johnson and Larry Bird togather and he still would not win. he is a pitiful coach who can,t coach a lick.-fcj 1/22/2011

Dr. Starcs

Great win! I was surprised to see cjd publicly call out berna during the halftime interview. Probably wishes he could have that back.

nwahogfan1

I agree.  Great win against Oklahoma.  I love their half court defense and toughness.

LadybackBBFan

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on December 22, 2014, 03:47:58 pm
Great win! I was surprised to see cjd publicly call out berna during the halftime interview. Probably wishes he could have that back.
You have to treat all players the same.  He was mad and had a right to be.  I love Calli but she messed up and it could have cost us the game.

Dr. Starcs

I just don't think it sets a good precedent for a first year coach, or really any coach, to publicly call out players.

I'd prefer that be handled in the locker room.

flippinhogmana

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on December 23, 2014, 08:31:27 am
I just don't think it sets a good precedent for a first year coach, or really any coach, to publicly call out players.

Quote from: LadybackBBFan on December 23, 2014, 06:28:04 am
You have to treat all players the same.  He was mad and had a right to be.  I love Calli but she messed up and it could have cost us the game.

I guess I am going to be a fence straddler on this one:  you both have a valid point.  I cringed a little bit when he said that at half time.  I know he is stressed at the moment and I agree with another poster- that he would probably like that comment back.  But on the other hand, Calli needed to be jacked up about it (two of her first three fouls were pretty ticky tacky though).  I think if Calli's mom and dad didnt climb his frame about it and it didnt dishearten Calli too much I could live with it, but Jimmy is a first year coach...still learning the trade.
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

Hogtied85

Everyone that watched the game knew that Calli had those fouls called so what difference does it make if he called her out or not. Jimmy Dykes only said what we were thinking/knew

Dr. Starcs

Because when you do things like that, while you may endear yourself to fans for telling it like it is, you run the risk of losing the trust of your players.

That's why.

LadybackBBFan

Coaches have to establish their own identity.  Some coaches are less vocal than others.  Some are very animated who are also very successful.  Do you remember the famous Pat Summitt's stare?  How about Andy Landers.  I saw one of his players make a mistake in a SEC tournament game.  He called time out and ran all the way across the court and to the opposite corner and chew the player out in front of the crowd for the whole timeout.  I don't think I have to tell you that Pat and Andy have both been pretty successful coaches.  Then you have the Bulls and Lakers coach, Jackson, so calm on the floor that you would think he was not even coaching.  That is why I say a coach has to establish his identity and make it work for him.

flippinhogmana

Quote from: LadybackBBFan on December 24, 2014, 02:46:59 pm
Coaches have to establish their own identity.  Some coaches are less vocal than others.  Some are very animated who are also very successful.  Do you remember the famous Pat Summitt's stare?  How about Andy Landers.  I saw one of his players make a mistake in a SEC tournament game.  He called time out and ran all the way across the court and to the opposite corner and chew the player out in front of the crowd for the whole timeout.  I don't think I have to tell you that Pat and Andy have both been pretty successful coaches.  Then you have the Bulls and Lakers coach, Jackson, so calm on the floor that you would think he was not even coaching.  That is why I say a coach has to establish his identity and make it work for him.

I agree about both West and Bostad.  As far as Powell goes, she is going to need some tender loving care.  I think coach needs to learn how to do that with some girls - Powell is one who needs some encouragement.  If West continues to improve, Powell will probably not be used.

LBBF, I think you know we are of kindred spirits, and like minds.  I would just simply note what is also obvious to you, sometimes within the context of being yourself, you have to allow for the frailty of others...find ways of strengthening them without giving up the core of who you are or your principles.  Its called many things by many different people, but the great ones master it.
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

jackflash

Before the season is over and with 9 players. I believe he will have to play Powell. If any one gets injured Jimmy in trouble.

LadybackBBFan

Quote from: jackflash on December 24, 2014, 07:36:06 pm
Before the season is over and with 9 players. I believe he will have to play Powell. If any one gets injured Jimmy in trouble.
AMEN ABOUT IF ANYONE GETS INJURED, WE ARE IN DEEP TROUBLE - ESPECIALLY IN THE SEC!

flippinhogmana

well, if "fine with nine" isn't any longer applicable due to injury or whatever, I suppose "eight is great", will be the new working motto!  :) :razorback: