Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Michelle Clark-Heard (recently available)

Started by BWS, March 16, 2014, 04:23:32 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BWS

I think Jeff Long should take a look at Michelle Clark-Heard from Western Kentucky. Her teams play great defense and she comes from a good coaching pedigree having served as an assistant under Jeff Walz at Louisville. She took over a team that won 9 games prior to her arrival and won 22 games in her first season. Her team just won the Sun Belt Conference Tournament in just her second year.

http://www.wkusports.com/sports/w-baskbl/mtt/michelle_clark_heard_849785.html

LadybackBBFan

Quote from: BWS on March 16, 2014, 04:23:32 pm
I think Jeff Long should take a look at Michelle Clark-Heard from Western Kentucky. Her teams play great defense and she comes from a good coaching pedigree having served as an assistant under Jeff Walz at Louisville. She took over a team that won 9 games prior to her arrival and won 22 games in her first season. Her team just won the Sun Belt Conference Tournament in just her second year.

http://www.wkusports.com/sports/w-baskbl/mtt/michelle_clark_heard_849785.html
Interesting bio.  Does she interact with the community?  Interesting is that Greg Collins is one of her assistants - Tom Collen brought him here for several years before he left to be her assistant evidently.

psycHOGlogist

Interesting idea, and I could see Long making a move like that. With alums, though, I wonder sometimes about what it would take to get them to leave their alma maters to take another, harder job. You'd certainly like to think that the lure of the SEC big-time and a bigger paycheck would be enough, but it's hard to say.

Also, does anyone know if Greg Collins liked it here? If he left for an AC position at an inferior school, that makes me wonder.

wbbfan32

Quote from: psycHOGlogist on March 18, 2014, 01:12:52 pm
Interesting idea, and I could see Long making a move like that. With alums, though, I wonder sometimes about what it would take to get them to leave their alma maters to take another, harder job. You'd certainly like to think that the lure of the SEC big-time and a bigger paycheck would be enough, but it's hard to say.

Also, does anyone know if Greg Collins liked it here? If he left for an AC position at an inferior school, that makes me wonder.

I believe his wife was from the area an possibly even got a job. With a new baby it was the ideal decision. However, he worked with our posts and I head they were extremely upset when he left.

psycHOGlogist

Interesting. Thanks, wbbfan!

Wild Bill Hog

Based on her bio it certainly seems like she would be a good coach to talk to at the least.  Liked seeing that her teams have won on the road fairly consistently.

Westcoasthog

Michelle Clark-Heard came from 19  points behind in the Sun Belt Women's
Championship over Arkansas State at New Orleans

ClearEyes

Why was her team down 19? Double edge sword there. 

psycHOGlogist

Quote from: ClearEyes on March 19, 2014, 07:06:58 am
Why was her team down 19? Double edge sword there. 

Falling behind is the players' fault. Catching up is because of great coaching! ;-)

The_Iceman

She put up a good fight against Baylor....that's saying something in women's basketball.

Doug

I've had the chance to observe her when WKU came to Georgia State... knew she was good then.

Got to watch her in a couple WKU games at the Sun Belt Tourney.... she's definitely going to be one to keep an eye on going forward. If WKU isn't careful, they will not be able to keep her around, even with their impending move to Conference USA this upcoming season.

She's got the IT factor and will be successful no matter where she goes.
--Doug
Full time Web Developer, Sports junkie and Sports Personality

@BearlyDoug  |  @GridironHistory  |  @Hogville
TheFan.net | BearlyDoug.com | My plugins on WordPress.org | GridironHistory.com

(If you have a tech question, please post in the Help forum, instead of private messaging or emailing me (unless I request it). Thanks!)