Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

ESPN Blog: 3 Observations from Arkansas' Spring Game

Started by WizardofhOgZ, April 26, 2016, 03:37:57 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

KlubhouseKonnected

Alternate title "three things anyone with eyes could identify"
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

moses_007

My observation is that the offense isn't very good, quarterback play is severely lacking, as well as the running game.  I didn't see many bright spots on offense in this game.

moses_007

And, why does CBB let both teams kick all those field goals between the third and fourth quarters?  Just to run the score up?  I don't know why it isn't played like a regular football game anymore.

mhsbc59

Quote from: moses_007 on April 26, 2016, 06:26:58 pm
My observation is that the offense isn't very good, quarterback play is severely lacking, as well as the running game.  I didn't see many bright spots on offense in this game.
sigh....  lots of good things considering 6 new starters and only have 14 practices together. Also 2 of the players on the field where considered down after a touch.  Also offense is about rythem and timing they will be fine.  I would be more worried if they where torching the defense.
I have changed my sig line of over 4 years that was never a problem until May 5 ,2011

mhsbc59

And, why does CBB let both teams kick all those field goals between the third and fourth quarters?  Just to run the score up?  I don't know why it isn't played like a regular football game anymore.
[/quote]

sigh... How many spring games have you ever been apart off?  I was apart of 8 as a player and 7 more as a coach.  Spring games are NEVER like real games as they are ment to be fun and let the kids be comptitive
I have changed my sig line of over 4 years that was never a problem until May 5 ,2011

KY Hog Man

Quote from: moses_007 on April 26, 2016, 06:29:52 pm

Not hard to figure out.  It's the last practice for a while and the staff wants to see as much as possible from a kicking team that had problems last year.

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Quote from: moses_007 on April 26, 2016, 06:29:52 pm

I could be wrong, but I think they did that to test the holders' shoulder pads.
His response to me:
Quote from: hawginbigd1 on October 13, 2016, 11:48:33 am
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: mhsbc59 on April 26, 2016, 11:49:25 pm

sigh... How many spring games have you ever been apart off?  I was apart of 8 as a player and 7 more as a coach.  Spring games are NEVER like real games as they are ment to be fun and let the kids be comptitive

8 as a player?

longpig

Don't be scared, be smart.

longpig

Quote from: mhsbc59 on April 26, 2016, 11:49:25 pm

They don't even let players play 8 years and coaches coach 7 years any more.  I don't know why either.
Don't be scared, be smart.

PGTIGERHOG

If I'm not mistaken, Arkansas many years ago would play a spring scrimmage in Fayetteville and one in Little Rock.  I believe the NCAA has since made playing a spring scrimmage off campus against the rules.  Basketball used to play a handful at different high school gyms around the state as well.

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: moses_007 on April 26, 2016, 06:26:58 pm

You weren't paying very close attention, OR you're full of it.

The offense did show flashes, as did AA.
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

Hog N Bama

Looks like he cliff notes version of what everybody else said. Kinda late to the party bud.

DeltaBoy

Balanced and too the point we are still a work in progress on the Offense.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

JIHawg

In the game I saw there were few if any intercepted passes and fumbles.  Austin had one fumble but picked it up and threw almost a touchdown.  Sprinkle caught some passes.  RW3 looked very fast.  There were some holes on running plays, and we got some passes off.  There were some impressive end-arounds.

The defensive line dominated at times.  The defense 2's look almost as good as the 1's.  The d backs broke up some passes.  The backers plugged some holes.  There were sacks.

Town threw an impressive touchdown pass.  A tight end candidate caught it.  Peavy looked like he could take off running and make ten yards occasionally.

If you attended this game expecting to be impressed with highlights, just remember this next year.  Spring games are always boring.

TDHawgs

1. Sprinkle is ready to fill Henry's shoes and maybe more.
2. Sosa is going to be a beast!
3. Defense looks stout!

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: longpig on April 27, 2016, 01:51:36 am
They don't even let players play 8 years and coaches coach 7 years any more.  I don't know why either.

Maybe instead of "apart of" he meant "apart from" but if that is the case then I would guess that is probably a gross underestimate.

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: PGTIGERHOG on April 27, 2016, 05:57:30 am
If I'm not mistaken, Arkansas many years ago would play a spring scrimmage in Fayetteville and one in Little Rock.  I believe the NCAA has since made playing a spring scrimmage off campus against the rules.  Basketball used to play a handful at different high school gyms around the state as well.

Sounds reasonable. I recall going to a red white game in Little Rock when I was a wee lad.