Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Most significant play of spring game................

Started by Hogmodo, April 26, 2016, 03:30:34 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hogmodo

...............has hardly been mentioned.  The last play of the game, our 4th QB made a great throw to our 5th tight end who made a great over the shoulder catch for a touchdown.  I know this was scrubs against the scrubs time, but that was a great play by both of them and the rush was good and the coverage was decent.  It took a pinpoint pass to get it in past the D-back.  This implies extremely good depth. Very encouraging for the future.

Do you think LSU wouldn't love to have a Ricky Town and three reportedly better QB's ahead of him?!?!?

We went bigtime vanilla all day but that one glimmer of great talent in our 4th and 5th string athletes is huge!   JMVVVVVVVHO
Time to git er done Hogs!

010HogFan

Hardly been mentioned? Ha.

a0ashle

WHY AREN'T PEOPLE TALKING ABOUT OUR 4th STRING QB!!!!!!! ITS A CONSPIRACY!!!!!

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Hogmodo on April 26, 2016, 03:30:34 pm
...............has hardly been mentioned.  The last play of the game, our 4th QB made a great throw to our 5th tight end who made a great over the shoulder catch for a touchdown.  I know this was scrubs against the scrubs time, but that was a great play by both of them and the rush was good and the coverage was decent.  It took a pinpoint pass to get it in past the D-back.  This implies extremely good depth. Very encouraging for the future.

Do you think LSU wouldn't love to have a Ricky Town and three reportedly better QB's ahead of him?!?!?

We went bigtime vanilla all day but that one glimmer of great talent in our 4th and 5th string athletes is huge!   JMVVVVVVVHO
Ricky Town WILL be a star here. It's just a matter of when. I could see him coming in for an injured AA and never looking back.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: a0ashle on April 26, 2016, 03:32:41 pm
WHY AREN'T PEOPLE TALKING ABOUT OUR 4th STRING QB!!!!!!! ITS A CONSPIRACY!!!!!
you are trippin. He is 3rd string already. You just wanted to make it sound as bad as you possibly could. Never mind that he was a FIVE STAR QB.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

ricepig

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on April 26, 2016, 03:34:25 pm
you are trippin. He is 3rd string already. You just wanted to make it sound as bad as you possibly could. Never mind that he was a FIVE STAR QB.

He was the 4th QB to play.........

jry04

you are high. He is 3rd string already. You just wanted to make it sound as bad as you possibly could. Never mind that he was a FIVE STAR QB.
He was actually a 4* QB, the same as Rafe and Ty. He may be good going forward, but right now he lacks the accuracy and knowledge of the playbook. He will not crack the two deep this season, but may next year.

a0ashle

That's one star for every snap he took in the spring game!

a0ashle

Look he may get there and be a stud, but it's a bit ridiculous for us to be so hung up on our 4th maybe 3rd string QB...

ChicoHog

Also Bell was wearing the same color jersey as the defense which made it easy for him to go unnoticed in the secondary. 

factchecker

Quote from: Hogmodo on April 26, 2016, 03:30:34 pm
...............has hardly been mentioned.  The last play of the game, our 4th QB made a great throw to our 5th tight end who made a great over the shoulder catch for a touchdown.]

Skip to the last play at 3:00.  That ball wasn't caught over the shoulder.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

ricepig

Quote from: factchecker on April 26, 2016, 03:54:41 pm

It was over the shoulders of everyone between the QB and the receiver, haha.

ChitownHawg

Come on man - the story flows better if the pass was over the shoulder. It's just a lot more sexy that way.  ;)
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

Pig in the Pokey

that throw by Allen to Hatcher after the fumble is big time.

Pig in the Pokey

but it WAS a back shoulder throw.

longpig

Was Schmuzz, he's a transfer 4th string QB now.
Don't be scared, be smart.

hawgXi

imo it's hard to top willie sykes pass break up early in the scrimmage.

hope this is an indication of what's coming our way with new CPR!

Bacon_Bitz

That video convinced me the most important play was Byron Keaton's PI against Hollister.  If AA completes that pass (which looked likely on the replay), he's 14 for 20 for at least 190 yards. 

I don't get why people would be too down on AA.  He looked more than adequate to me.  The almost-INT to Eugene was actually a pretty good play by Eugene that you wouldn't have seen our LBs make last year.  AA made all the throws.  I've even seen some write ups attribute the botched snap to him but that obviously wasn't his fault and he recovered cooly.

I'm excited about AA.  Seems like a real competitor with some JUICE.

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: Bacon_Bitz on April 27, 2016, 11:21:26 am
That video convinced me the most important play was Byron Keaton's PI against Hollister.  If AA completes that pass (which looked likely on the replay), he's 14 for 20 for at least 190 yards. 

I don't get why people would be too down on AA.  He looked more than adequate to me.  The almost-INT to Eugene was actually a pretty good play by Eugene that you wouldn't have seen our LBs make last year.  AA made all the throws.  I've even seen some write ups attribute the botched snap to him but that obviously wasn't his fault and he recovered cooly.

I'm excited about AA.  Seems like a real competitor with some JUICE.

Really good post.  It was a good play by the DB, but AA had his man for a bomb, and that would have gotten everyone's motor running a bit more.

And I agree that AA is going to do fine this fall.  IMO if our OL can get us a decent running game going, we're going to hurt some folks this fall.
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

DeltaBoy

We got some talent at QB for the next few years.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.