Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What We Learned about Arkansas: 5 Spring Takeaways

Started by RedyorNot, April 25, 2016, 08:56:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: DeltaBoy on April 26, 2016, 08:29:12 am
Fair coverage.

Much more fair than a lot of what I've been reading on Hogville, actually.
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

DeltaBoy

Quote from: bigdaddyhawg on April 26, 2016, 08:41:25 am
Much more fair than a lot of what I've been reading on Hogville, actually.

They are generally well balanced and not driven by emotion or hyperbole.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

opineonswine

bigdaddyhawg

I think his take on AA is on-target.

I wasn't able to watch the game live, and by what I read on here he looked sub-par, but watching the game in replay my assessment lined up with what this guy shared.

I think AA is going to be very solid this fall, maybe even better than that.  And, good golly, he's got some freaking weapons to throw to.
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

KlubhouseKonnected

"there's never been any doubt about the linebackers at any time."

Not so sure about this bit tho.
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

Reservoir Hogs

Quote from: KlubhouseKonnected on April 26, 2016, 10:08:16 am
"there's never been any doubt about the linebackers at any time."

Not so sure about this bit tho.

That was the only thing that stood out to me as well

Rison Razor Hog

Quote from: RedyorNot on April 25, 2016, 08:56:18 pm
Pretty much what we all saw Saturday but a good read nonetheless.

http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/arkansas-football/5-things-we-learned-arkansas-spring-2016/

His take is certainly different than BiggusPiggus, and I like his better. Since I didn't see the game or any practices, I can't really comment about the team's performance for myself, but it seems to be the "blind men and the elephant" from reading other Hogville reporter's accounts. My less informed .02.
And on my deathbed, I'll achieve total consciousness, so I've got that goin' for me!

To paraphrase Benjamin Franklin: Billions for defense, but not one cent for dhimmitude!

PorkSoda

why do they keep saying Agim is BB's first 5 star.  wasn't collins a 5 star?
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

Davidr295

Quote from: PorkSoda on April 26, 2016, 02:47:25 pm
why do they keep saying Agim is BB's first 5 star.  wasn't collins a 5 star?

I think only ESPN had Collins a 5 star, I believe Rivals, 247, and the others had him at 4

PorkSoda

Quote from: Davidr295 on April 26, 2016, 03:27:51 pm
I think only ESPN had Collins a 5 star, I believe Rivals, 247, and the others had him at 4
well, he certainly played like a 5 star.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.