Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Jamario Bell

Started by Prestworthy, April 25, 2016, 12:50:44 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Prestworthy

What's the story on him?  Redshirted last year but was a 4* in high school and I really only saw him once in the Spring Game.  I really hope he doesn't get buried in TE depth...he's way too athletic.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Prestworthy on April 25, 2016, 12:50:44 pm
What's the story on him?  Redshirted last year but was a 4* in high school and I really only saw him once in the Spring Game.  I really hope he doesn't get buried in TE depth...he's way too athletic.
was that "once" when he hauled in the long game winning TD?
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Seebs

Rated by some services as a better TE than DE in High School. This is not like the Jake Hall reach.
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

PorkRinds

Best tight end on the team.

ricepig

Quote from: PorkRinds on April 25, 2016, 12:54:53 pm

Hmmm, not better than Sprinkle, he could be some day, but nowhere close as of today.

Prestworthy

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on April 25, 2016, 12:52:55 pm
was that "once" when he hauled in the long game winning TD?
Indeed.

longpig

He was redshirted last year because of depth, moved to the other side this year because of a lack of depth/progress.  Also, CBB mentioned in a presser a while back that his playing style fits TE better.  Chances are he'll stay at TE.
Don't be scared, be smart.

Paul

Sprinkle will make a lot of money at the next level.  If Bell works as hard as Sprinkle, he will too

hvsupastar

Maybe not the best but certainly the most athletic
"Do not believe everything you read on the internet just because it has quotations next to the image of someone prominent" - Abraham Lincoln

HamSammich

Guys..... the first time since the 80s we have a coach finally building depth.

Bell will be a star TE in his senior season and come out of "no where" for most fans.

Im still not the biggest CBB fan but depth wise I can fault him not.

philobeddoe

Being from Junction City, I watched most of Bell's high school games and have always thought he was a better TE than DE.  He has never shown that mean streak that is needed for the defensive side of the ball.

hvsupastar

Quote from: philobeddoe on April 26, 2016, 07:58:02 am
Being from Junction City, I watched most of Bell's high school games and have always thought he was a better TE than DE.  He has never shown that mean streak that is needed for the defensive side of the ball.

The games I saw him play, I would totally agree. He can certainly run, jump, and catch as good as anyone.
"Do not believe everything you read on the internet just because it has quotations next to the image of someone prominent" - Abraham Lincoln

DeltaBoy

Look forward to seeing more of him.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

bigdaddyhawg

I'd guess someone named philoebeddoe would know about a mean streak.  Just a guess, though.
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

wholehog92

Hogwash.

Sprinkle is a genetic freak and has been honing his craft under excellent coaching.  Sprinkle is like a monk that has been honing his martial arts for decades just prior to going righteous and harmonious fists in battle.  He is already a bad man.  The battle will prove it.
My personal list of trolls so that I can remember not to reply to them:  Pigs Been Fly, gohogsgo006, hanksampson, no3putts, HarryGoat, Oxbaker, Olmissbydamn, LocalHawg, Thatguy, Masterhog, servicesupport, Razorhawg09, Big Poppa Z,  $100 Handshake, Poloprince.

List of folks that reasonable conversation will not happen:  Iron Hog, Jman, hognot, Solomwi, hogfan1111x, pigzwillrise.

Favorite Posters:  WilsonHog, Tomhog, Muskogeehog, Razorfox, TammayTom, razorback3072, bennyl08.

Pork Twain

You definitely have a leg up on most who think the sky is falling for no other reason than he was labeled as a DE recruit for Arkansas.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: HamSammich on April 25, 2016, 09:56:06 pm
Guys..... the first time since the 80s we have a coach finally building depth.

Bell will be a star TE in his senior season and come out of "no where" for most fans.

Im still not the biggest CBB fan but depth wise I can fault him not.

I suppose CBB has mainly proved how shallow the depth roster was and how much depth Alvarez left for him to build with at Wisky back in the day.

Take all that and add it to a relatively small offensive line. Recipe for pain. Hopefully we're past the worst part of the surgery.
This is my non-signature signature.

KlubhouseKonnected

Obviously the coaches know far better than I and this move could end up being great for everybody but I can't help feeling a little frustrated in light of how highly touted the other TE recruits in his class were. I had visions of Bell and Agim as future bookend DE's dancing in my fan-brain but apparently that is not in the cards at the moment.
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

hvsupastar

Quote from: wholehog92 on April 26, 2016, 08:50:24 am
Hogwash.

Sprinkle is a genetic freak and has been honing his craft under excellent coaching.  Sprinkle is like a monk that has been honing his martial arts for decades just prior to going righteous and harmonious fists in battle.  He is already a bad man.  The battle will prove it.

Bell is more of a genetic freak than Sprinkle.  If Bell puts in the work Sprinkle has, Bell will be the better player by the same point in his career.  From what I understand, that isn't necessarily the case.

TDHawgs

Jamario Bell will be another beast for us at TE... Bielema will always have great TE play.. and he will be a future star as Henry, and Sprinkle. Maybe not this year, but his time will come.

PorkRinds

Quote from: wholehog92 on April 26, 2016, 08:50:24 am
Hogwash.

I guess I should explain my tongue in cheek comments at this point. I was only making a joke (evidently only I thought it was funny) about the common occurrance around here for the second string guy to be all world, and way better than the starter. Evidently my sarcasm wasn't detectable. 

longpig

April 26, 2016, 11:26:32 am #21 Last Edit: April 26, 2016, 12:27:49 pm by longpig
Quote from: KlubhouseKonnected on April 26, 2016, 10:17:07 am
Obviously the coaches know far better than I and this move could end up being great for everybody but I can't help feeling a little frustrated in light of how highly touted the other TE recruits in his class were. I had visions of Bell and Agim as future bookend DE's dancing in my fan-brain but apparently that is not in the cards at the moment.

That's saying something because Sprinkle stands out on the field like no other. 
Don't be scared, be smart.

Prestworthy

Quote from: PorkRinds on April 26, 2016, 11:25:54 am
I guess I should explain my tongue in cheek comments at this point. I was only making a joke (evidently only I thought it was funny) about the common occurrance around here for the second string guy to be all world, and way better than the starter. Evidently my sarcasm wasn't detectable.
Almost 26/day. Step it up.

PorkRinds

Quote from: Prestworthy on April 26, 2016, 02:29:08 pm
Almost 26/day. Step it up.

How's your boy Korliss doing?  Is he the best back on the team wherever he is now? 

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Pork Twain on April 26, 2016, 08:59:51 am
You definitely have a leg up on most who think the sky is falling for no other reason than he was labeled as a DE recruit for Arkansas.
he was labeled as both. i always thought of him as a TE and was disappointed he was listed at DE after he got here. With him counted as a TE we had the hands down best TE class I've ever seen. FOUR 4*s, and Bell, O'Grady, and Gragg were top 10. Cantrell was like 20th but was Mr Football in Oklahoma that year as well.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

regi

Basicly what Coach B said after the move. Thought he handled the physical aspect of the game better at TE, than DE

Prestworthy

Quote from: PorkRinds on April 26, 2016, 02:36:15 pm
How's your boy Korliss doing?  Is he the best back on the team wherever he is now?
You'd know better than me!  Can you look through your post archives or are they too extensive?