Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Full article on the North End Zone expansion and answers to Sen. Pryor's questio

Started by ricepig, April 23, 2016, 01:34:08 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

WilsonHog

Quote from: bphi11ips on April 26, 2016, 08:29:00 am
Wow.  You're too smart to make a blanket statement like this.  You can't plead naivete.

In a nutshell, this is going to happen because humans generally believe it is better to take action, any action, than to do nothing at all.  Long loves it because it will be another feather for him (do you think he'll be here when the bonds are finally retired?).  Bielema loves it because he's getting his head kicked in recruiting against programs wooing 16 year old kids with shiny pennies.  The Board and the inner circle love it because they will control access.  Access is important in a banana republic.   Potential buyers love it because they can sit back and buy later if they want to.  There is no risk whatsoever; no commitment.

A fraction of respondents said they "might" be interested in paying what will be upwards of $335 per seat for an outdoor, low level, end zone seat.  Let me ask you Wilson - do you enjoy watching games from the end zone?  Why do I get the feeling your seats are West side, lower bowl, between the 30s?

All we can do is hope the new seats sell.  They destroy any chance of growing stadium capacity to compete with upper tier SEC programs.  If they don't sell, there will be plenty of time later for begrudging by loyal fans like you when you pick up the tab.

I'm not sure why you get that feeling, but your radar is off. The last time I had tickets between the 30s was in WMS, before RRS was renovated. When the Red Zone seats were added to the south end zone, I switched my season tickets from Little Rock to Fayetteville. I sat in the lower level of the end zone until two years ago, when I upgraded to the South Indoor Club.

So, this season will mark the 16th in the end zone for me.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: WilsonHog on April 26, 2016, 08:02:54 pm
I'm not sure why you get that feeling, but your radar is off. The last time I had tickets between the 30s was in WMS, before RRS was renovated. When the Red Zone seats were added to the south end zone, I switched my season tickets from Little Rock to Fayetteville. I sat in the lower level of the end zone until two years ago, when I upgraded to the South Indoor Club.

So, this season will mark the 16th in the end zone for me.
and it's amazing, right? I love the view from there, although I prefer it from all the way up top in the south. You can see every block, every route. Fans on the sidelines are missing out on so much of the game. Imagine trying to play Madden Football in a side-to-side camera, for those who have played. It would be hard as hell without the better vision awarded by the high behind the action angle.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Hawgar The Horrible

Quote from: Hog N Bama on April 26, 2016, 07:37:27 pm
The standing room only concrete slab in the NE corner looks weird because it IS weird. Silly idea IMO.  That area should be seating.  WTH is going to a football game and stand for 3 hrs?

Here is the explanation. And it makes a WHOLE lot of sense.

TIME-HONORED TRADITION

Every college football stadium has its signature architectural focal point. The look-in opening on the northeast corner of DWRRS is its most recognizable vantage point, allowing Arkansans throughout the years to peer onto the field to see the Razorback at midfield and the illuminated Home of the Razorbacks display. The renovation project will preserve and build upon this iconic feature as a nod toward the unparalleled traditions of Razorback Football.
There are fans and there are supporters. The latter carries the weight.

Hawgar The Horrible

Please click on the link below and educate yourself prior to posting on this subject.

www.dwrrs.com

I cannot believe there are Hog fans poor-mouthing a football stadium that will soon be iconic.

Quote from: Hawgar The Horrible on April 26, 2016, 07:40:14 pm
The University of Arkansas completed its "Campaign for the 21st Century" in 2005, in which the university raised more than $1 billion for the school, used in part to create a new Honors College and significantly increase the university's endowment.

Shut the hell up. Debt? You're an idiot.
They are borrowing $160 million. That's not taking on debt to
You?

Hawgar The Horrible

Quote from: Karma on April 26, 2016, 08:50:41 pm
They are borrowing $160 million. That's not taking on debt to
You?

NOPE. It's called an investment. Demand dictates a ROI quick, fast and in a hurry. Serious profits to follow.

bphi11ips

Quote from: ricepig on April 26, 2016, 07:34:26 pm
Debt is supporting everything on campus, lol.

Ah, but you said public money is not supporting this.  Is 75% of the financing government bonds or not?  The anticipated source of revenue to service the debt is athletic revenues, but we're taking about 20 years of debt guaranteed by the Board of Trustees. 

If you don't think public money supports this, get together 3,200 of your buddies and raise $80,000,000 to pay for construction of your seats, plus whatever value the UA places on the real estate they occupy in the north end zone.  Wonder what an appraiser would do with that.  You can keep 'em.

Have you seen the A&M Founder's Suite deal?  Check it out.  $10,000,000 commitment  over 10 years for a 20 year lease.  $1M/yr. for 10 years.  Sound familiar?  They're between the 20s, of course.
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

bphi11ips

Quote from: Hawgar The Horrible on April 26, 2016, 09:02:26 pm
NOPE. It's called an investment. Demand dictates a ROI quick, fast and in a hurry. Serious profits to follow.

You don't have a lot of real world business experience, do you?

ricepig

Quote from: bphi11ips on April 26, 2016, 09:19:52 pm
Ah, but you said public money is not supporting this.  Is 75% of the financing government bonds or not?  The anticipated source of revenue to service the debt is athletic revenues, but we're taking about 20 years of debt guaranteed by the Board of Trustees. 

If you don't think public money supports this, get together 3,200 of your buddies and raise $80,000,000 to pay for construction of your seats, plus whatever value the UA places on the real estate they occupy in the north end zone.  Wonder what an appraiser would do with that.  You can keep 'em.

Have you seen the A&M Founder's Suite deal?  Check it out.  $10,000,000 commitment  over 10 years for a 20 year lease.  $1M/yr. for 10 years.  Sound familiar?  They're between the 20s, of course.

I don't care what aTm does, do you? Also, Bama's highest cost tickets are in the South End zone, $2000 donation per seat per year.

You obviously can't read, the cost of the 3200 seats is $46m, read the "Trustee Questions".

I'm pretty sure the university isn't a government, so no, they aren't government bonds.

Hawgar The Horrible

Quote from: bphi11ips on April 26, 2016, 09:21:57 pm
You don't have a lot of real world business experience, do you?

All I've done is partner with a couple of other guys to form a corporation, defer salaries for 3 months because our first contract was paid net 90, and grow it into a multi-million dollar business with ZERO debt financing in less than a year. How 'bout you?

Full disclosure...I am now employed by the multi-national conglomerate we were taking contracts from not 10 years ago. They prefer to work with me rather than against me. Good idea.

bphi11ips

Quote from: Hawgar The Horrible on April 26, 2016, 09:36:30 pm
All I've done is partner with a couple of other guys to form a corporation, defer salaries for 3 months because our first contract was paid net 90, and grow it into a multi-million dollar business with ZERO debt financing in less than a year. How 'bout you?

Translation - you just got out of school.  You and a couple of frat brothers are flipping houses.  You got your stake from your parents.

I represent a few recording artists.

Hawgar The Horrible

Quote from: bphi11ips on April 26, 2016, 09:54:13 pm
Translation - you just got out of school.  You and a couple of frat brothers are flipping houses.  You got your stake from your parents.

I represent a few recording artists.

Once again. You're an idiot.