Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Problem with hogville app

Started by Pulled(PP)pork, April 10, 2016, 09:46:57 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Pulled(PP)pork

Tried to access hogville app and it keeps giving me some error message. I removed it and redownloaded, but same response.

Anyone else having problems?

PP

bythelake

Doug

I'll let the appropriate people know. :)
--Doug
Full time Web Developer, Sports junkie and Sports Personality

@BearlyDoug  |  @GridironHistory  |  @Hogville
TheFan.net | BearlyDoug.com | My plugins on WordPress.org | GridironHistory.com

(If you have a tech question, please post in the Help forum, instead of private messaging or emailing me (unless I request it). Thanks!)

Scott Marshall

Yeah we are having a few issues with loading problems...our development team is working on fix
We will launch a new app too before next football season...will keep everyone posted

uncle bubs

It would be awesome if the app could notify us when one of our posts gets a reply. An alert like a text or something. If this already exists, can someone help a brother out? It's hard for me to carry on a conversation on here.
God bless the Boston Mountains.

rmcchris

BadHog

"Rumors are started by haters, spread by the fools and accepted by idiots."

longtimeHogfan

Quote from: Scott Marshall on April 11, 2016, 09:55:51 am
Yeah we are having a few issues with loading problems...our development team is working on fix
We will launch a new app too before next football season...will keep everyone posted

Would you also know why Hogville doesn't rotate on my Samsung Gal 4?  Everything else does and Hogville used to.  Deleting it and reinstalling it twice didn't help
I don't like to plan my day because then the word premeditated comes into the conversation.

Pulled(PP)pork

it corrected itself later that morning.  awesome job

PP

Scott Marshall

We are in process of updating the current app and will take all your notes into consideration. App should be back working as before...it is on my end...what are some other little things that you all want to see in the new app?

Pulled(PP)pork

desktop version as the default

PP

HAWG MAFIA

SRV

We've got entirely too many troublemakers here. Too many 40-year-old adolescents, felons, power drinkers and trustees of modern chemistry.....

PorkRinds

Quote from: Pulled(PP)pork on April 14, 2016, 11:13:40 am
desktop version as the default

PP

Please, if there is any justice in this world, please let this happen.

kp72204

Pig Latin

another vote for desktop version
Quote from: KnilesKankle on April 22, 2012, 09:57:12 am
Smites are like scars, be proud of of them all.

Pulled(PP)pork

apcapri

Tapatalk access would be nice.

Doug

Quote from: apcaprTapatalk access would be nice.
As long as I am Tech Admin, Tapatalk will NEVER be used on Hogville.

It's inherently insecure and has been compromised more than once in the past three years.

No chance in hell it will ever be available on here.
--Doug
Full time Web Developer, Sports junkie and Sports Personality

@BearlyDoug  |  @GridironHistory  |  @Hogville
TheFan.net | BearlyDoug.com | My plugins on WordPress.org | GridironHistory.com

(If you have a tech question, please post in the Help forum, instead of private messaging or emailing me (unless I request it). Thanks!)

longtimeHogfan

Hogville still doesn't rotate on my Samsung glx 4.  Rats.
I don't like to plan my day because then the word premeditated comes into the conversation.

DeltaBoy

It works fine on my phone.  Thanks Doug
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Pulled(PP)pork

Fanofthegame

i visit from my computer at work several times a day. I hardly ever visit from my mobile device anymore just because I don't want to go through the hassle of scrolling to the bottom and hitting "desktop view" and then choosing "MMQB" again. Sounds petty but it does keep me off the site from time to time. I may be more inclined to hitting the "desktop view" if it was at the top instead of bottom of the page.
"He may not be in a class by himself, but it don't take long to call roll"

pigbacon

Scott Marshall

We are launching a new App the first of May and if you guys hate that we will reset Hogville to Full Display.
The reason it is set to mobile display is so all the content and forums fit all devices...plus Google required all sites to go mobile friendly otherwise it penalizes you in searches.

Lanny

Thanks Scott,

Hogville has made several revisions ourselves.  We keep trying to make it better for all
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy