Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bielema says that we're hungry now

Started by hawgon, September 20, 2017, 10:49:35 am

Previous topic - Next topic

JaketheSnake

CBB can do nothing right for some of you right now. I'm sure these press conferences are required.  He has stated before that things were too complicated and he needed to revisit that.  Y'all complained about it then and why it was too complicated. Now he says something else and you complain that he didn't say something like how it was too complicated. 

We all understand frustration, but why sit arnd and search for things to be pissed about?

311Hog

Quote from: Rayzback on September 20, 2017, 01:20:31 pm
Guy puts a fancy guarantee on a box 'cause he wants you to feel all warm and toasty inside. Ya figure you put that little box under your pillow at night, the Guarantee Fairy might come by and leave a quarter, am I right?

lol...

Redhogs

Quote from: PorkRinds on September 20, 2017, 01:13:51 pm
Really though, you don't like what he said. How is it wrong? If you're going to lose a game you'd rather it be non-con right?
OK I'll lay it out for you..good coaches don't characterize some losses as worse than others. They view them as all unacceptable and don't rationalize them to make any kind of a convoluted stupid point. This in a way is to justify the loss as positive and productive........ good coaches simply do do it, excuse makers do.
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

RazorPiggie

gchamblee

Quote from: hawgon on September 20, 2017, 10:49:35 am
https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/arkansas-football/coach-bret-bielema-razorbacks-learned-things-needed-learn-tcu/

So I guess all that talk the whole offseason about being upset with the way things went in the last two games and how we were going to finish this year was just empty talk?  But since we lost to TCU, well by golly we mean it now and we are hungry?

This guy is an empty vessel.  He is clueless.  At least Hootie used to offer SOME actual substance when he would talk about simplifying things down and executing a few plays well.  That at least was SOMETHING.  Bielema offers nothing but the emptiest and most meaningless coachspeak.

You're one of those fans that can't wait for him to answer a question so that you can beat him to death with his words no matter what he says. What did you want him to say? We are no longer trying? We give up? Just because the season is over for you after 1 loss doesn't mean the football team is quitting with you.

311Hog

gchamblee

Quote from: GuvHog on September 20, 2017, 12:32:51 pm
I really don't mind the Coachspeak......as long as Bielema and his Hogs back it up on the field. So far this year, they haven't done that.

Damn man. We have played 2 games and looked fine in one of them. Is there an honest bone in your body?

Kevin

The wheel on the beliema bus goes round and round
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

PorkRinds

Quote from: Redhogs on September 20, 2017, 01:40:40 pm
OK I'll lay it out for you..good coaches don't characterize some losses as worse than others. They view them as all unacceptable and don't rationalize them to make any kind of a convoluted stupid point. This in a way is to justify the loss as positive and productive........ good coaches simply do do it, excuse makers do.

Uh, yeah they do. Any coach that loses a non-con game will say "now we get to where it really matters, in league play". He wasn't justifying the loss as positive, he's turning to point out that their focus is on the SEC game coming up. Every coach does it.

Redhogs

Quote from: GoHogs1091 on September 20, 2017, 01:32:47 pm
More cheap talk from someone that only has his cheap talk to hang his hat on.

He talks a good game, but he doesn't back it up on the field.  Him talking a good game (actually him being able to write a good brown nose letter) is what helped him get the job, and him talking a good game is what has enabled him to basically swindle $16 million from the State of Arkansas.

He needs to go down to the Junior High level and learn how to coach.
Harsh.....I love it. :) :) :)
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Quote from: Porkette on September 20, 2017, 12:16:09 pm
Bielema's words mean nothing because he's been saying the same things for 5 years now and we haven't really improved. On one hand, I understand. He has to do press conferences and he has to say something, and nothing you say is going to make anyone happy when you're losing like this. On the other hand, I really dislike that he has started to act a little defensive and chippy in his comments lately, implying that everyone is just impatient and so forth (not necessarily here, but over the past couple weeks). That is never a good look or a good sign when a coach starts to do that.
I've noticed that as well. Not a good look.
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

gchamblee

It feels like hogville is made up mostly of teenagers

hogb

Quote from: hogz11 on September 20, 2017, 10:57:02 am
Yeah I hate to pile on, but I agree. No one wants to hear this anymore. Leave the coach speak in the locker room with the team. Saying nothing to media and fans would be better than more rah rah coach speak.

Yup. I feel the same way. 

And no more PB sandwiches at half time.  Keep them hungry.

gchamblee

Welcome to all the new posters. It is refreshing to see that all of the new members of the site are anti CBB. Just an observation.

#1Fan

Quote from: bphi11ips on September 20, 2017, 01:08:55 pm
Where do internet sites come up with hack staff like Paul Harvey? 

If you knew nothing else about the game, what would you think happened based on this -  "The defense struggled late as TCU scored 14 points in the 4th quarter"?  Wrong.  TCU scored after Arkansas was called for pass interference on third down, giving TCU a first down deep in Arkansas territory with less than four minutes remaining in a 14-7 game.  TCU went on to score, making it 21-7 with 2:18 left in the game.  Arkansas fumbled the ensuing kickoff and TCU recovered at the Arkansas 13 and scored to make the final score 28-7.  That is MUCH different than the picture Harvey painted. 

Then Harvey writes, "Bielema is certainly on the hot seat moving forward, but Arkansas still has the opportunity to provide a strong finish to this season."   Strong finish?  Can we play a conference game before we start talking about strong finishes?

Jeez.
And finishing was supposed to be a priority after last year's season ending debacles.  I guess not so much.

Etowah

I believe him...and I think they were hungry the last 4 games.

Now...let's see some blocking, tackling, throwing, catching, and kicking.

Hungry doesn't win games...it's the other stuff.

hoglady

Quote from: gchamblee on September 20, 2017, 01:57:04 pm
Welcome to all the new posters. It is refreshing to see that all of the new members of the site are anti CBB. Just an observation.

That's nothing really new.
When I came over here initially - it was when I was done with Houston Nutt and there were sure a ton of darksiders when I got here. So I stayed.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

STLHogFan

I was pro CBB.  Last year my support started to dwindle after the Mizzou loss.  Now I am anti CBB.  Time for a change.
BEVO - It's what's for dinner.

Hog Fan...DOH!

What exactly do you want the coach to say at these mandatory press conferences?

Hog-Corleone

Quote from: Hog Fan...DOH! on September 20, 2017, 04:46:00 pm
What exactly do you want the coach to say at these mandatory press conferences?

This would work..."I'm just here so i don't get fined."

This is my word, and as such is beyond contestation.

HognotinMemphis

Watch any game from the Petrino era. Today's team plays nothing like any of Petrino's team. This team looks like a FCS team compared to Petrino era teams.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

elksnort

Quote from: twistitup on September 20, 2017, 11:29:54 am
Shut up and let's go get some W's....no more b/s - show it on the field.
This is what I am thinking. I am tired of all the talk. When you lose, you ought to go Bill Bellichek or Marshawn Lynch.

Science Fiction Greg

You can't fault him for saying this.  I know it's empty talk, but so does he.  It's not his fault there is a microphone shoved in his face every 45 seconds because people can't make it through 2 hours without something new coming from the football team.  I find it especially rich that the people complaining about it are the ones that are here salivating over every morsel that drips out of the university every minute of every day.

You can't have it both ways.
I spend all my time playing Trackmania, and various board games. You might remember me as Corndog7 or PossibleOatmeal.
Twitter sucks now. I deleted my account. I mostly just use TikTok now.

BrianG

Quote from: The Hawg Marshal on September 20, 2017, 10:58:52 am
You had me with you right up to the point where you compared CBB to HDN. I'm ready for a change but I'd still take CBB over HDN all day everyday.

You like wins...You know Hootie won more.  I don't like him  but saying what you did just says you want to keep losing.  Damn!

rickfahr

Quote from: gchamblee on September 20, 2017, 01:47:46 pm
Damn man. We have played 2 games and looked fine in one of them. Is there an honest bone in your body?

I tried to convince myself we looked fine after FAMU, but I wasn't successful.

gchamblee

Quote from: Hog-Corleone on September 20, 2017, 04:53:07 pm
This would work..."I'm just here so i don't get fined."

I know that is what you want him to say, but I would prefer he be professional and act like a man worthy of getting paid what he pays. Not like a spoiled little bitch.

gchamblee

Quote from: HoginMemphis on September 20, 2017, 05:06:39 pm
Watch any game from the Petrino era. Today's team plays nothing like any of Petrino's team. This team looks like a FCS team compared to Petrino era teams.

Stupid

gchamblee

Quote from: rickfahr on September 20, 2017, 05:15:56 pm
I tried to convince myself we looked fine after FAMU, but I wasn't successful.

We looked fine in the first game. If you think a large margin of victory is a sign of trouble there is nothing I can say to fix your problem.

twistitup

Quote from: gchamblee on September 20, 2017, 05:25:36 pm
We looked fine in the first game. If you think a large margin of victory is a sign of trouble there is nothing I can say to fix your problem.

You didn't pay attention to the game
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

gchamblee

Quote from: twistitup on September 20, 2017, 05:29:51 pm
You didn't pay attention to the game

I doubt you did either. I'm pretty sure you were googling their nutrition department.

PorkRinds

Quote from: STLHogFan on September 20, 2017, 04:39:08 pm
I was pro CBB.  Last year my support started to dwindle after the Mizzou loss.  Now I am anti CBB.  Time for a change.

Those two games were really a game changer huh?

RebHog

When this is the product you produce on the field YES I am anti anybody don't care who you are, observe that.

RebHog

HamSammich

I'm honestly just glad some people are still in holding on to the cbb/long rope. They are the only reason I log in now.

Ex-Trumpet

Well, I had to click on a thread saying that Bielema was hungry...
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

HamSammich

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on September 20, 2017, 07:29:04 pm
Well, I had to click on a thread saying that Bielema was hungry...
Yeah I clicked because I couldn't believe CBB was  hungry

BigE_23

It's Wednesday. That means Catfish Hole.

LZH

I hate to admit it, but I have very little excitement for this ball game. I don't expect us to do much of anything. If we do, then I will be pleasantly surprised. But if we play like I think we are going to play, I will just sit and zone out with the volume off and probably be on here complaining as usual.

RebHog

Quote from: JaketheSnake on September 20, 2017, 01:38:49 pm
CBB can do nothing right for some of you right now. I'm sure these press conferences are required.  He has stated before that things were too complicated and he needed to revisit that.  Y'all complained about it then and why it was too complicated. Now he says something else and you complain that he didn't say something like how it was too complicated. 

We all understand frustration, but why sit arnd and search for things to be pissed about?

Just as he cant do anything wrong in your eyes apparently. I actually do agree these are probably required and at this point what can he say?

devildoghawg

If the Hogs can't beat this absolutely awful Aggie squad, we are in for a 3-4 win season.
Quote from: kingofdequeen on July 25, 2013, 06:21:48 pm
If you've got a dumba** son, do you love him any less?  no.  you just overlook his faults b/c you love him.  At least that's what my dad does.

GoHogs1091

Quote from: HoginMemphis on September 20, 2017, 05:06:39 pm

Depends on which Robert Petrino team that showed up.

Robert's teams were inconsistent.  Decent one week, subpar the next week.

Bielema's teams have been consistently subpar.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: gchamblee on September 20, 2017, 05:39:30 pm
I doubt you did either. I'm pretty sure you were googling their nutrition department.
I thought photographers were really chill type people. You snap at everyone here. Grade A ***hole.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

buldozer

Quote from: HamSammich on September 20, 2017, 01:01:07 pm
I didn't read the article I'll admit. I'd smash my phone likely if I did.

But just to recap:... CBB said he was hungry?

No doubt he is.... he has just about doubled in size since taking this job 5 yrs ago!

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: Rayzback on September 20, 2017, 01:20:31 pm
Guy puts a fancy guarantee on a box 'cause he wants you to feel all warm and toasty inside. Ya figure you put that little box under your pillow at night, the Guarantee Fairy might come by and leave a quarter, am I right?

You would make a great brake pad salesman, btw.... ;)
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

Porkchop#1

Quote from: GoHogs1091 on September 20, 2017, 10:49:00 pm
Depends on which Robert Petrino team that showed up.

Robert's teams were inconsistent.  Decent one week, subpar the next week.

Bielema's teams have been consistently subpar.
Eggggzactly....people make a big deal about CBP's teams winning 10 & 11 games his last 2 years, but they forget we were playing 20 and 22 game schedules those 2 years.   ;)

Still not sure how they ever ended the season ranked #5 nationally.

JaketheSnake

Quote from: RebHog on September 20, 2017, 08:02:11 pm
Just as he cant do anything wrong in your eyes apparently. I actually do agree these are probably required and at this point what can he say?
Ive been plenty critical of this W/L record, as are most people on here. 

hawgdavis

I was as angry as many on here were after the game last week. Here is how I see it at the moment, I don't think CBB has forgotten how to do his job and I truly believe he wants to win as much or more so than us fans, I believe he is a good man. Something happened in those last 2 games last year mentally to this team and that can happen no matter how good or bad a coach and staff are. If you have not been on a team where something like this has happened you don't understand it, how it feels and how it works on your mind especially when the conditions start playing out again that caused it to start with. I have been there. No amount of coaching, screaming,begging...... will change it. The players have to get through it on their own . Hopefully something will happen in the game on Saturday that breaks thru the mental fog or who knows it could have already happened since the game last week. It only takes one change in the circumstances that create the mental block and the team can snap out of it, hopefully that block gets busted Saturday.

elksnort

Quote from: hawgdavis on September 21, 2017, 08:37:00 am
I was as angry as many on here were after the game last week. Here is how I see it at the moment, I don't think CBB has forgotten how to do his job and I truly believe he wants to win as much or more so than us fans, I believe he is a good man. Something happened in those last 2 games last year mentally to this team and that can happen no matter how good or bad a coach and staff are. If you have not been on a team where something like this has happened you don't understand it, how it feels and how it works on your mind especially when the conditions start playing out again that caused it to start with. I have been there. No amount of coaching, screaming,begging...... will change it. The players have to get through it on their own . Hopefully something will happen in the game on Saturday that breaks thru the mental fog or who knows it could have already happened since the game last week. It only takes one change in the circumstances that create the mental block and the team can snap out of it, hopefully that block gets busted Saturday.
Maybe the special uniforms will turn the tide for the Razorbacks.

hobhog

I'm starving. Go Hogs! Beat the Aggies!

hawgdavis

Quote from: elksnort on September 21, 2017, 10:47:09 am
Maybe the special uniforms will turn the tide for the Razorbacks.

Or maybe just maybe a break will go our way, some kind of broken coverage or missed tackle early in the 2nd 1/2 that results in a big play for a TD and they get the monkey off their back and then finally unload big time. You know the players have to be frustrated and pressing to hard to make it happen so they are playing tight. It has to be on the offensive side of the ball though.