Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

When is the last time AR has been 16-4?..............

Started by HSVhogfan2, January 27, 2015, 10:24:57 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HSVhogfan2

"The post you have just read was used with the express written consent of HSVHogfan2."

Veni Sancte Spiritus

Do you wish to rise? Begin by descending. You plan a tower that will pierce the clouds? Lay first the foundation of humility.

Dirty

HSVhogfan2

Quote from: Dirty on January 27, 2015, 10:26:50 pm
When the our fans didn't bitch about wins!

LOL. And the same fans kept talking about how close the football team was getting in the midst of an 0-17 run. I'm trying to figure out what the difference in the two coaches is, but I can't for the life of me.
"The post you have just read was used with the express written consent of HSVHogfan2."

Veni Sancte Spiritus

Do you wish to rise? Begin by descending. You plan a tower that will pierce the clouds? Lay first the foundation of humility.

hobhog

Been a while. Why doesn't it feel like we are winning?

Winning ugly is fine now. Hopefully we peak next month and find some rythem

hobhog

Quote from: HSVhogfan2 on January 27, 2015, 10:30:49 pm
LOL. And the same fans kept talking about how close the football team was getting in the midst of an 0-17 run. I'm trying to figure out what the difference in the two coaches is, but I can't for the life of me.

Nice try....

PonderinHog

Fayettechill14

Please don't go there. Expectations are higher for the basketball team in year 4 than for the football team in year 2.

TheSportsGuy

You could see us getting better every week in football...  Not so much in basketball if you really understand the sport past the wins and losses

clutch

Well, ones been here long enough that we should be close to established. The other just walked in and was cleaning up a huge mess. That was the difference.

I have no problem with mike. The situations were clearly different though at the time. It will be the same for CBB if he isn't improving next year and the year after. If mike keeps winning this season things will calm down for him.

Atlhogfan1

Right about where we should be based on competition played and where it has been played. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Hollywood_HOGan45

Reid was our point guard the last time we were 16-4.

I guess winning isn't good enough for a portion of our pathetic fan base.

HSVhogfan2

Quote from: Fayettechill14 on January 27, 2015, 10:34:21 pm
Please don't go there. Expectations are higher for the basketball team in year 4 than for the football team in year 2.

I agree. However, the BB program was in much worse shape on and off the court than the FB team. I may even dare to say 2-3 years worse. Just posted this nonsense to point out the curious nature of all the MA hate and the CBB love.

Veni Sancte Spiritus

Rawker

Quote from: clutch on January 27, 2015, 10:34:54 pm
Well, ones been here long enough that we should be close to established. The other just walked in and was cleaning up a huge mess. That was the difference.

I have no problem with mike. The situations were clearly different though at the time. It will be the same for CBB if he isn't improving next year and the year after. If mike keeps winning this season things will calm down for him.

Mike has kept winning every season.  From 14 wins before his arrival to 18, 19, 22....just so much foolishness here.  "Don't go there."  Pfff.  Gimme a break.

HSVhogfan2

Quote from: clutch on January 27, 2015, 10:34:54 pm

I'm a fan of both programs equally (maybe a little more toward FB), but the mess MA inherited was worse than the FB mess.

Veni Sancte Spiritus

WhiteHairedDevil

This season we have to go with what we got and hope Mike can somehow push the right buttons as tournament time nears. This team will be better next year.  Reason being with Qualls and Portis gone next season some of the unsung players will be forced to step up, as it is now everyone relying on Qualls and Portis to make plays.

1hogfan

Win the close games, win on the road; sounds like a dream come true to me!  I'm lovin' it!

arkansasrazorback

Quote from: Dirty on January 27, 2015, 10:26:50 pm
When the our fans didn't bitch about wins!
can we not critique the team and see how sloppy they are playing.  This is a message board just in case u werent aware