Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Difference maker vs Tenner

Started by Thepigdoctor, January 27, 2015, 04:22:19 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Thepigdoctor

Take out Portis, we can pretty much expect a double double at this point. Tennessee is going to try to take away Qualls, with Mizzou showing that limiting him can keep you in the game against the Hogs.

Who steps up as that third option offensively tonight?

I'm going with Madden. Call it a hunch and I could easily look silly, but I think he has a big game tonight. Would like to see Beard finally get the start at the one (as most of us have been begging for the last month plus), with Madden at the two where he could finally break out a bit.

Starting lineups are ever changing under CMA, which I'm not a fan of, but based on the last game I'm going out on a limb with:

Beard
Madden
Qualls
Harris
Portis

Hogs win big in a revenge game, force 18 to's and limit ours to single digits.

rude1

I am thinking Bell is due, of course I been thinking this all season and it hasn't happened, but he is streaky and if he can knock down a couple he can suddenly become explosive. Beard isn't drawing a start any time soon, think BJ Young when everyone was screaming he should be starting. Good or bad CMA likes to reward his upper classmen even when the young pups are better.

Bacon_Bitz

Bell will feel comfortable at home and get back on track w/ his shooting.

Danny J

Quote from: rude1 on January 27, 2015, 04:32:23 pm
I am thinking Bell is due, of course I been thinking this all season and it hasn't happened, but he is streaky and if he can knock down a couple he can suddenly become explosive. Beard isn't drawing a start any time soon, think BJ Young when everyone was screaming he should be starting. Good or bad CMA likes to reward his upper classmen even when the young pups are better.
Remember though....it was about this point in the year when CMA started BJ for the rest of the year. I am thinking it should be time for Beard. In reality it makes no sense that he isn't starting. Would be better off for Bell to come off the bench to provide some scoring to go along with Durham than have Beard come off the bench with Durham. That immediately puts us at a disadvantage.

rude1

Quote from: Danny J on January 27, 2015, 04:39:48 pm
Remember though....it was about this point in the year when CMA started BJ for the rest of the year. I am thinking it should be time for Beard. In reality it makes no sense that he isn't starting. Would be better off for Bell to come off the bench to provide some scoring to go along with Durham than have Beard come off the bench with Durham. That immediately puts us at a disadvantage.
BJ arguably was the best player on the team, Beard is not. I don't see Beard drawing a start just yet.

PORKULATOR

Look here... I've got to live with these people, these Vols fans, everywhere out here. Bama and Jawjah too. Anyway, the the guy who owns the store I contract out of is a Tennessee grad. WE CAN NOT LOSE THIS. They won't let me live it down.
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

latrops

Quote from: rude1 on January 27, 2015, 04:44:32 pm
BJ arguably was the best player on the team, Beard is not. I don't see Beard drawing a start just yet.

I don't care as much about who starts as I do about total minutes.  Beard's minutes have been trending up lately, mostly at the expense of Durham, but Bell's are down a little recently as well.

Some suggest that Bell should come off the bench with Durham in order to provide offense to the 2nd unit.  The problem there is that Bell and Durham are both 30something percent shooters.  If Bell were doing much offensively, nobody would want him going to the bench.  We need either Bell or Durham (ideally both) to take it up a notch.

TexArkHogFan

I think Harris has found his stroke and will be good for about 15 points.
There are all kinds of Lions, Tigers and Bears in college football.  But there is only one Razorback.  Beware the Tusks!!! They are coming

Thepigdoctor

Quote from: TexArkHogFan on January 27, 2015, 06:05:05 pm
I think Harris has found his stroke and will be good for about 15 points.

He was my other choice, as he's been on lately. Seems like he's our road spark, so I went with Madden at home.

Danny, I like your thought on Bell being the scorer with the second unit, we desperately need someone to fill that role. We go through serious droughts when the wave of subs begin and really need a spark. For that reason alone, I wouldnt mind seeing Williams get the start, in addition to Beard, so we have Bell and Harris giving us scoring options when Watkins and Kingsley come in. It's not that our subs can't be effective offensively, it seems like no one wants to step up and take the shots. This leads to us slowing down offensively, wasting 25 plus seconds on the shot clock, and settling for a poor jump shot from 17 plus feet. Really like to see the subs come in and continue to be aggressive and push the tempo. For this style to work, we can't allow our opponent to catch their breath when our starters get a rest.

Hawg Red

I've been sensing a big game from Madden myself.

PonderinHog

I'm with Williams just for the sake of argument.  He's been pretty quiet here lately.  Maybe it's his turn.

PonderinHog

Quote from: PonderinHog on January 27, 2015, 07:08:03 pm
I'm with Williams just for the sake of argument.  He's been pretty quiet here lately.  Maybe it's his turn.
I'd like to change my vote to Beard now.