Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Homer broadcaster for Tenner

Started by Bacon_Bitz, January 27, 2015, 04:15:53 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Bacon_Bitz

I was traveling and forced to listen to the Tenner radio broadcast on XM radio last game.  The play-by-play guy was good, but the color commentator was the most idiotic, biased, ignorant, uninformed homer simpleton I have ever heard call a game.  What's that guy's name?  And can somebody please record his meltdown when the Hogs win by 20 tonight?

TNhogfan

Bob Kesling is the play by play man for UT; he works for the university.  Basketball color man is Bert Bertelkamp, who played for the Vols in the late 70s. He was a starting guard during the best years UT had until Pearl. 

Bacon_Bitz

Quote from: TNhogfan on January 27, 2015, 04:34:34 pm
Bob Kesling is the play by play man for UT; he works for the university.  Basketball color man is Bret Bertelkamp, who played for the Vols in the late 70s. He was a starting guard during the best years UT had until Pearl.

Bert Bertelkamp, that's him.  He's a big homer amirite?

lefty08

Quote from: TNhogfan on January 27, 2015, 04:34:34 pm
Bob Kesling is the play by play man for UT; he works for the university.  Basketball color man is Bret Bertelkamp, who played for the Vols in the late 70s. He was a starting guard during the best years UT had until Pearl.

Im not following this. He played for the vols in the late 70s and was a guard under Bruce pearl. Which guy is which?

Edit: I'm a moron and read until as under, sorry
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

PonderinHog

Quote from: lefty08 on January 27, 2015, 05:12:48 pm
Im not following this. He played for the vols in the late 70s and was a guard under Bruce pearl. Which guy is which?

Edit: I'm a moron and read until as under, sorry
Uh, you ain't the only one.

PORKULATOR

Quote from: Bacon_Bitz on January 27, 2015, 04:15:53 pm
I was traveling and forced to listen to the Tenner radio broadcast on XM radio last game.  The play-by-play guy was good, but the color commentator was the most idiotic, biased, ignorant, uninformed homer simpleton I have ever heard call a game.  What's that guy's name?  And can somebody please record his meltdown when the Hogs win by 20 tonight?
Dude, I live here in Chattanooga and your absolutely right. The broadcast I listened to was kind of awful. I was filming my daughters basketball game and listening to it. I got home to see it about 4minutes (game minutes) until the comeback started.
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

Tim

Which team doesn't have homers on their broadcast?  I'll hang up and listen

arkansasrazorback

Quote from: Bacon_Bitz on January 27, 2015, 04:15:53 pm
So the Blake Eddins of Tennessee?

Thepigdoctor

TNhawgfan

Yeah he's a tool. Imagine someone who says nothing for five minutes and then yells "money" when a vol makes a shot and you've got bert
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

Overtheroadtruckdriver

Biased announcers we can handle. We have had them all season. 

I'm ready for this one.  Odell's been fired up and cussing Tennessee all day, while also working on trying to find other words with three double letters in them just to pass the time until this game starts, saying over and over they are the only team in the SEC with three double letters in it. I don't have the heart to tell him Mississippi and MS state both have three doubles.  He is all wound around the axle about this and has been calling every one he knows and telling them (that consists of Hoss, Pondwater Jack, Gizmo, Scooter, and Ruta Beth, who is on the verge of a nervous breakdown over the big man's newfound passion for words).  He has been reading the dictionary like a madman. Still hasn't made it through the a's yet though...can't wait until he finds bookkeeper.  He will act like he's done found gold.

ijustpork

I'm about to puke listening to these homers  tonight. I'd rather hear chuckles. And that's pretty bad.