Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Opened up as 8 point favorites tonight

Started by HawgTrough, January 27, 2015, 09:59:00 am

Previous topic - Next topic

HawgTrough

The public has bet it up to 9 or 9.5. I feel good about getting the win but just can't imagine covering that.
WPS

onebadrubi

arkansasrazorback

Quote from: onebadrubi on January 27, 2015, 10:00:41 am
We will comfortably
A lot of people said that about Ole miss and Bama at home.

HawgTrough

Quote from: arkansasrazorback on January 27, 2015, 10:07:39 am

identical spread to the ole Miss game
WPS

Tony Perkis

Quote from: arkansasrazorback on January 27, 2015, 10:07:39 am
This. Tennessee dominated us (with the exception of the final few minutes) at their place. I think we can win tonight. I would just be hesitant about using the word comfortably.

arkansasrazorback

Quote from: Tony Perkis on January 27, 2015, 10:12:58 am
This. Tennessee dominated us (with the exception of the final few minutes) at their place. I think we can win tonight. I would just be hesitant about using the word comfortably.
I think we will win tonight as well, but I expect a battle.  They pressed us all night and we looked lost at Tennessee.  I still think we shoot good enough tonight to squeak out a victory.  I would love a 15+ point win but from what I have seen lately that won't happen.

HawgTrough

the only SEC game we've won comfortably is against Vandy
WPS

Tony Perkis

Quote from: HawgTrough on January 27, 2015, 10:16:54 am
the only SEC game we've won comfortably is against Vandy
We could very easily be 1-5 right now. Correct.

PonderinHog

For some reason this feels like a blowout.  Revenge game, maybe?

Atlhogfan1

January 27, 2015, 10:25:12 am #9 Last Edit: January 27, 2015, 10:41:20 am by Atlhogfan1
Quote from: PonderinHog on January 27, 2015, 10:19:14 am
For some reason this feels like a blowout.  Revenge game, maybe?

And the fact the coaching staff and team have just recently played Tennessee.  They were totally unprepared and outcoached in the first game and acted like they hadn't seen any film or done any preparation for Tennessee.  That "we want teams to worry about preparing for what we do" comes back to bite us sometimes.  We'll look much better at home unless we are just ice cold from the field.  We'll see if Qualls and Portis have their legs back after that Th-Sat of last week. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Hawg Red

pigroots

Tenner needs this game as well. They'll come out fighting. We have been squeaking by and not really on our game. We can't assume anything at this point but if we do play with a hunger and passion on defense I think we will cover. We need one of those put it all together games

Hawg Red

Quote from: pigroots on January 27, 2015, 10:43:17 am
Tenner needs this game as well. They'll come out fighting. We have been squeaking by and not really on our game. We can't assume anything at this point but if we do play with a hunger and passion on defense I think we will cover. We need one of those put it all together games

Tonight's the night. We control the game tonight.

Hawgitall

Portis seemed weak against Alabama.  It looked like he got pushed around near the basket more than any other game this year.  He looked a little better against MO so I am hoping he had a bug and tonight we seem him back to stronger finishes at the basket. 

bigred223

I think we beat ourselves that game more than anything. A LOT of unforced errors that were the result of our mental lapses, rather than Tennessee's good play.

scottagee

Might be some value in the total. Over 140-141 seems good.

Sharky

Quote from: bigred223 on January 27, 2015, 11:05:34 am
I think we beat ourselves that game more than anything. A LOT of unforced errors that were the result of our mental lapses, rather than Tennessee's good play.

That's what everyone always says: If we win, it was our doing. If they win, we played bad. Confirmation bias.

Flip a coin on this one imo. Those who have claimed we're trending downward, despite our last two wins, will get an answer tonight.

Hog Fan...DOH!

Quote from: arkansasrazorback on January 27, 2015, 10:15:13 am
I think we will win tonight as well, but I expect a battle.  They pressed us all night and we looked lost at Tennessee.  I still think we shoot good enough tonight to squeak out a victory.  I would love a 15+ point win but from what I have seen lately that won't happen.

If the Hogs can actually shoot well, it should be a 10+ point win.  But... there in lies the problem.

code red

It will be a tight game.  Tennessee is seeing red after saturday.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

TNhawgfan

We better win. You cannot get swept by a team with far inferior talent. TN is not good and MA got outcoached big time in Knoxville
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

Who is our Coach?

Based on match ups, this one seems to clearly favor the Hogs, although I thought the same thing before we played in Knoxville.  Tennessee does not have good point guard play and is undersized.  They've turned it over this year, although strangely enough, against us in Knoxville, they won the turnover battle.  We have to put consistent defensive pressure on our opponents, but we also have to put some offensive pressure on them by putting the dang ball in the basket more frequently.  You can't shoot 35-40% from the floor, then try to press and expect a game in the 80s or 90s.  If we shoot 45% or better, I feel like this is a game we should dictate tempo and win.  Maybe not handily, but solidly. 

ifghog

We should def win but...we will see. Talent wise we are far superior.

widespreadsooie

I think you would be crazy to lay those points.

HotlantaHog

When did Arkansas last win a blowout in the SEC? Last season? Every game this year has been close (with exception of Ole Miss loss.)

poloprince

Quote from: Tony Perkis on January 27, 2015, 10:18:42 am
We could very easily be 1-5 right now. Correct.

Could easily be 5-1 also. Correct.
$PoLoPrInCe$

HotlantaHog

To be clear, I think Hogs have underperformed their potential recently even as they have been winning ... I like and have confidence in MA ... at some point I wouldn't be surprised if they start outperforming and winning some of these games by wider margins ... but that hasn't happened yet, so if I waged on basketball (which I don't) I wouldn't bet on the trend changing until it actually does.

Tomhog™

Quote from: HotlantaHog on January 27, 2015, 12:16:20 pm
To be clear, I think Hogs have underperformed their potential recently even as they have been winning ... I like and have confidence in MA ... at some point I wouldn't be surprised if they start outperforming and winning some of these games by wider margins ... but that hasn't happened yet, so if I waged on basketball (which I don't) I wouldn't bet on the trend changing until it actually does.

With the pauses and the "to be clear" beginning, I actually "heard" this post in Obama's voice.

Hogfaniam

Quote from: ifghog on January 27, 2015, 12:02:18 pm
We should def win but...we will see. Talent wise we are far superior.

Our bigs have 15 to 30 lbs on theirs.  We should own the paint.
"My dog Sam eats purple flowers"

YtownHog

Hawg Red

Quote from: HotlantaHog on January 27, 2015, 12:05:57 pm
When did Arkansas last win a blowout in the SEC? Last season? Every game this year has been close (with exception of Ole Miss loss.)

Vanderbilt wasn't close. Wasn't a blowout, either, though.

onebadrubi

Arkansas is getting POUNDED on the books.  Like has moved 3 points in less than 5 hours

BadHog

Winning is one thing. Covering is another if you're betting. We haven't covered the last three games.
"Rumors are started by haters, spread by the fools and accepted by idiots."

razorbackkid

As much as I love the Hogs (all sports), I wouldn't place any bets on an eight point spread.
I would rather live as if there is a God and find out there isn't, than to live as if there isn't and find out there is.

porkinsons disease

Wouldn't touch it either way. Hopefully, we make some adjustments and make a better showing this time.
This hiding behind he has a great recruiting classcoming in crap is just another excuse for this man. you could give this man M. Johnson and Larry Bird togather and he still would not win. he is a pitiful coach who can,t coach a lick.-fcj 1/22/2011

Hogfaniam

10 1/2.   140 1/2 -  141

Scored 143 at tenner.

The over seems like a no brainer

Dropkick

should win by 10-12 points...........................

Hogfaniam

Quote from: Hogfaniam on January 27, 2015, 03:06:43 pm
10 1/2.   140 1/2 -  141

Scored 143 at tenner.

The over seems like a no brainer
Quote from: Dropkick on January 27, 2015, 03:10:35 pm
should win by 10-12 points...........................

The Biggers Line

Dropkick

It is actually 10.5 to 11 points on the sites i just checked.

arkansasrazorback

daprospecta

Interesting note.  75% of the public is betting on Tennessee but the line has crept to 11.  Any betting man knows what that means.

BallHog1

Mike's just trying to keep them from peaking too early.

HamIAm

some tidbits from a VolNation poster:

QuoteTennessee has won eight of its last 10 games, including three straight on the road.

Kevin Punter is shooting .692 from 3-point range over the last three games (9-of-13).

After averaging 3.0 ppg through UT's first nine games, Robert Hubbs III has averaged 9.2 ppg in the last nine games.

Tennessee's strength-of-schedule ranks 13th nationally according to ESPN's BPI.

A win would give Tennessee four straight SEC road wins for the first time since 2008 (UT hasn't won its first four SEC road games since 1982).

http://www.volnation.com/forum/11131000-post2.html

widespreadsooie

Quote from: daprospecta on January 27, 2015, 04:10:01 pm
Interesting note.  75% of the public is betting on Tennessee but the line has crept to 11.  Any betting man knows what that means.

Where are you seeing that?

I'm showing 58% on TN. That's from The CRIS in Vegas.