Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Who is going to Rupp in February?

Started by popcornhog, January 26, 2015, 05:22:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

popcornhog

Just got my tickets and booked the flight. WPS!

Hopefully we'll have a decent little crowd. The tickets are pricey as hell. I got lucky -- my former boss is a UK grad and knew that I wanted to go. He was able to get a couple of tickets for free.

I'm going to fly into Cincinatti ($245 direct flight) from KC and stay with a friend. Not too bad at all.
WPS

3kgthog

That has the potential to be one of the ugliest offensive displays (by both teams) in modern basketball history. Do you think the Hogs crack 50?

TNhawgfan

Not going this year but have been to Rupp multiple times. Always a good time and unlike a lot of other SEC fanbases, Kentucky's are always hospitable and nice
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

popcornhog

Quote from: 3kgthog on January 26, 2015, 07:05:21 pm
That has the potential to be one of the ugliest offensive displays (by both teams) in modern basketball history. Do you think the Hogs crack 50?

Who knows. If Madden has a big game and Bell is hitting the three, I think we could win. Staying out of foul trouble will be big too.

I think we have to hit 10+ threes to have a shot at winning and we've got to work it through Portis.
WPS

bulldog04

Quote from: popcornhog on January 26, 2015, 07:39:37 pm
Who knows. If Madden has a big game and Bell is hitting the three, I think we could win. Staying out of foul trouble will be big too.

I think we have to hit 10+ threes to have a shot at winning and we've got to work it through Portis.
I think we should use the same blueprint as last year...beat them at the FT line

TRUHOG718

I wish. I'll be at the HOGS vs usc e game that following week though in Columbia. Trying to figure out how to get on espn without being thrown out the arena..
http://www.sicollection.com/assets/images/nolan_richardson_300.jpg

One Day. We Will Be Back. I Promise You This.

Danny J

Quote from: popcornhog on January 26, 2015, 07:39:37 pm

Not to be a debbie downer but I just don't think we even have a possibility of beating them this year. I just don't see how. They press full court quite a bit more than I have ever seen a Cal team press. They do struggle offensively but our D is not good at all. I do think though with the game being more towards the end of the year this will give us a chance to gel a bit more on that end of the court. As of right now I would be shocked if we kept the game in single digits even from the outset. Hope I am wrong.

BadHog

Quote from: Danny J on January 26, 2015, 08:38:09 pm
Not to be a debbie downer but I just don't think we even have a possibility of beating them this year. I just don't see how. They press full court quite a bit more than I have ever seen a Cal team press. They do struggle offensively but our D is not good at all. I do think though with the game being more towards the end of the year this will give us a chance to gel a bit more on that end of the court. As of right now I would be shocked if we kept the game in single digits even from the outset. Hope I am wrong.

But that's what we all thought last year - and we beat them twice!! And the press almost cost them the OM game
"Rumors are started by haters, spread by the fools and accepted by idiots."

Danny J

Quote from: BadHog on January 26, 2015, 08:40:16 pm
But that's what we all thought last year - and we beat them twice!! And the press almost cost them the OM game
Different last year. The one thing they didn't have was experience at the guard position. Heck they didn't even have a decent PG at the time. That will NOT be the case this year. Guys like Ulis and Booker are very talented and quick ball handlers plus the Harrison's have another year experience. Like I mentioned....I will be SHOCKED if we are even in the game from the get go but that is if we played tomorrow. A lot can happen between now and a month from now.

FearTheTusk91

Applying to UK for grad school, and had the opportunity to choose either the Arkansas or the South Carolina game to come for a visit.  I chose the SC game just so it wouldn't be so stressful.  I've been to Lexington a lot, love it, and know the folks at Rupp would be kind, but I have a hard enough time watching these Hogs from my couch without going crazy that I figured it would be easier on the blood pressure to go to the SC game.  Have fun!  Be sure to get a slice of Missy's pie and a hot brown while you're in town...so good.

:razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

dffhogs

Quote from: TNhawgfan on January 26, 2015, 07:36:55 pm
Not going this year but have been to Rupp multiple times. Always a good time and unlike a lot of other SEC fanbases, Kentucky's are always hospitable and nice

Total BS!  I lived in Richmond in the 90's. Had a company car with a Ky. tag and HOG holder... Car got keyed several times!!!!

Sow Lancelot

The way we struggle against zone defenses, I've bet my son that UK will hold us under 20% from the floor.  Living in Louisville it's always nice to flaunt my gear, but I just don't see it this year.

Oh, and so as not to hijack the thread, as much as I'd like to go I won't make it this time. For those that do make it, I hope you have plenty of opportunities to call the Hogs.
"Nec vitia nostra nec remedium tolerare possumus." Livy
Nihil boni sine labore, sic vis pacem, para bellum.

code red

Quote from: 3kgthog on January 26, 2015, 07:05:21 pm
The way we play defense???  They won't have problems scoring for sure.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

Thepigdoctor

Quote from: Sow Lancelot on January 27, 2015, 04:46:13 am
The way we struggle against zone defenses, I've bet my son that UK will hold us under 20% from the floor.  Living in Louisville it's always nice to flaunt my gear, but I just don't see it this year.

Oh, and so as not to hijack the thread, as much as I'd like to go I won't make it this time. For those that do make it, I hope you have plenty of opportunities to call the Hogs.

Just across the river from you in Jeff, Sow. I'm hoping to make the game, but I've got a newborn that probably keeps me from being able to attend.

MountieDawg

Quote from: dffhogs on January 26, 2015, 10:58:57 pm
Total BS!  I lived in Richmond in the 90's. Had a company car with a Ky. tag and HOG holder... Car got keyed several times!!!!

Maybe it wasnt the license plate holder.... Did you park in handicap spots.
SEC!

TNhawgfan

Quote from: dffhogs on January 26, 2015, 10:58:57 pm

Jealous ex? I'm sure UK has their crazies but I've never run into any at Rupp
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

dbhog

Quote from: Danny J on January 26, 2015, 08:38:09 pm

I agree with you.  KY will have the best defense we have seen by far.  I think our only chance to stay close is to hit a lot of three's because most shots at the rim will be blocked.  I think we will be lucky to stay within 20.

razorbackkid

I think we beat'em.  Sounds crazy even to me with how we've played at times, but I just have that feelin'.  Could be gas though.  :)
I would rather live as if there is a God and find out there isn't, than to live as if there isn't and find out there is.