Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

8:00 PM Tip Off

Started by BadHog, January 26, 2015, 12:43:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BadHog

Makes it really hard to attend games when you don't live close to BWA. Heck, it makes it hard just to watch on TV. SIX of the next 12 are 8:00 pm tip offs.
"Rumors are started by haters, spread by the fools and accepted by idiots."

dbhog

You must be in the Eastern time zone.  Those tips are at 8:00 Central.

BadHog

Quote from: dbhog on January 26, 2015, 12:44:52 pm
You must be in the Eastern time zone.  Those tips are at 8:00 Central.

most of the time
"Rumors are started by haters, spread by the fools and accepted by idiots."

Breems

I hate 8pm games. And 8:30pm games... what's up with that crap?
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

The_Iceman

Yeah, the 8:00 tips are killer. More time to get there and don't have to fight the 5:00 traffic in NWA, but you won't be getting home til REAL late.

Mick Hogger

2/3 of the "Banner games" where they are honoring Corliss, Sidney, and Nolan are during the week and at 8pm and a week apart. They're killing me in Central AR. I can always leave early enough to make a game but these late return departures are hell.
Quote from: forrest city joe on Today at 10:06:10 am
ok i get you. but do you have to post it over and over and over and over? and for the 100th time. Mike is going to be coach here no matter if you like it or not.

PonderinHog

Man, y'all are making me feel old.  I used to turn off the 10:00 PM newscast and watch the replays at 10:30 just so it would feel like a live game.  It worked more times than not back then.

WizardofhOgZ

Quote from: PonderinHog on January 26, 2015, 01:03:03 pm
Man, y'all are making me feel old.  I used to turn off the 10:00 PM newscast and watch the replays at 10:30 just so it would feel like a live game.  It worked more times than not back then.

Turning the TV off at 12:30 AM and rolling over to fall asleep is not the same as jumping in the car at 10:45 PM and driving back to Central Arkansas.

TNhawgfan

Plus, it's not family friendly at all to start a game at 8 on a school night. I know it all boils down to tv AND it doesn't affect out of state people like myself, but I do have kids and know how it is
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

hogsanity

Quote from: PonderinHog on January 26, 2015, 01:03:03 pm

I do that now. dvr the game, skip the news, and then watch it so I can skip the commercials and half time.  As someone else said though that is a lot different than jumping back in the car when the game ends at 10:15 or 10:30 or later, and driving an hour or two to get home.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Hogfaniam

Quote from: TNhawgfan on January 26, 2015, 01:53:27 pm
Plus, it's not family friendly at all to start a game at 8 on a school night. I know it all boils down to tv AND it doesn't affect out of state people like myself, but I do have kids and know how it is

People are creatures of habit.  Once you do something that forces a change of habit, you risk not getting them back when/if it gets more convenient.  People that used to go to week games that don't, due to the time change, may find something else they would rather do.  TV money may make the UA not care, if all they worry about is money.
"My dog Sam eats purple flowers"

PonderinHog

Quote from: WizardofhOgZ on January 26, 2015, 01:27:51 pm
Turning the TV off at 12:30 AM and rolling over to fall asleep is not the same as jumping in the car at 10:45 PM and driving back to Central Arkansas.
Thanks for your insight.  That never occurred to me.

WizardofhOgZ

Quote from: PonderinHog on January 26, 2015, 02:04:26 pm
Thanks for your insight.  That never occurred to me.

Glad I could help.

;)