Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mississippi State Asking For A Whipping

Started by chiefhawg, January 26, 2015, 11:25:23 am

Previous topic - Next topic

chiefhawg

Steve Walentik ‏@Steve_Walentik  4m4 minutes ago
Mississippi State Coach Rick Ray said he thinks Georgia is the second-best team in the SEC, notes UGA's difficult schedule.

I hope we mash that azz good.

40MINSOFHELL

hogsanity

what does he hope to gain by making that statement?
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

rusvegashog

Maybe just maybe he believes it. Maybe when he made the statement he wasn't worried about what those on an Arkansas message board would think about his comments.i haven't looked at all the teams pre conference schedules, but outside of Kentucky did anyone have any better victories than USCE and look how well that's translated over to league play. We're probably the 3rd best team in the SEC. UK, LSU, ARK., but it doesn't matter because outside of UK it's a free for all crapshoot.

Danny J

Quote from: hogsanity on January 26, 2015, 11:32:11 am
what does he hope to gain by making that statement?
Great question. Sounds like something a coach who has a really good team would say or somebody who is immature. I think it is the latter.

MikePiazza

Guess he didn't realize Arkansas already won at Stegeman.
Identity theft is not a joke, Jim. Millions of families suffer every year.

opineonswine

Miss State is just such a loser school...barely above ASU.  Yes, they are better athletically some of the time...but what a hole.

Atlhogfan1

Sounds like a coach who just lost to UGa.  Just coachspeak probably in response to a generic media question. 

Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

onebadrubi

That's the thing about twitter, you can take that statement and make it look many different ways.  What was he asked?  he didn't come out of no where and just say UGA is the second best team.  Context of the convo here is important to know if he was taking a shot.  Was he talkign about the SEC basketball as a whole?

MikePiazza

Quote from: onebadrubi on January 26, 2015, 11:53:04 am
That's the thing about twitter, you can take that statement and make it look many different ways.  What was he asked?  he didn't come out of no where and just say UGA is the second best team.  Context of the convo here is important to know if he was taking a shot.  Was he talkign about the SEC basketball as a whole?

I don't think Ray was being derogatory whatsoever, I just think it's way too early to be saying who the second-best team in the SEC is. We'll have a better idea in late February.

forrest city joe

Quote from: chiefhawg on January 26, 2015, 11:25:23 am
Mississippi State Coach Rick Ray said he thinks Georgia is the second-best team in the SEC, notes UGA's difficult schedule.

Did i miss something? did we go to UGA and beat them at their place? or was i dreaming?BOOM!

TheRazorbackGuy

Quote from: forrest city joe on January 26, 2015, 12:05:19 pm
Did i miss something? did we go to UGA and beat them at their place? or was i dreaming?BOOM!

FCJoseph, yes but we lost to Ole Piss at home

Adam Stokes

Quote from: TheRazorbackGuy on January 26, 2015, 12:06:41 pm

That's why I don't understand why people put so much into one game.  We almost lost our last two games as well.  I wouldn't be surprised if Ga were to beat us if we played a home game.  There is more than enough of an argument that Ga could finish 2nd in the SEC.  Not sure why we as a based are looking for reasons for the chip to be knocked off our shoulder.

onebadrubi

Quote from: Adam Stokes on January 26, 2015, 12:12:47 pm
That's why I don't understand why people put so much into one game.  We almost lost our last two games as well.  I wouldn't be surprised if Ga were to beat us if we played a home game.  There is more than enough of an argument that Ga could finish 2nd in the SEC.  Not sure why we as a based are looking for reasons for the chip to be knocked off our shoulder.

That Georgia win is the highlight so far of our conference season, thats why.  Just like right now Ole miss is the low. 

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: onebadrubi on January 26, 2015, 12:15:22 pm
That Georgia win is the highlight so far of our conference season, thats why.  Just like right now Ole miss is the low.

Highlight of the entire season.  And yes RPI watchers, I am aware of SMU and Dayton's RPI's. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

forrest city joe

Quote from: TheRazorbackGuy on January 26, 2015, 12:06:41 pm
So what? Duke lost at home to Miami. indiana lost at home to E. Washington. Michigan State lost at Home to Texas Southern. How about them apples?

Adam Stokes

Quote from: forrest city joe on January 26, 2015, 12:24:12 pm
So what? Duke lost at home to Miami. indiana lost at home to E. Washington. Michigan State lost at Home to Texas Southern. How about them apples?

That logic should also be applied that just because we beat Ga once doesn't mean that we are a 100%, for sure,  better team than them.  The argument for 2nd in the SEC is still wide open, that's why I'm just surprised at how quickly everyone is gang raping the coach because he doesn't consider us #2.

RacinRazorback

Quote from: opineonswine on January 26, 2015, 11:50:13 am
Miss State is just such a loser school...barely above ASU.  Yes, they are better athletically some of the time...but what a hole.

ASU beat them at the Hump earlier this year if I am not mistaken.

Breems

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on January 26, 2015, 11:50:22 am
Sounds like a coach who just lost to UGa.  Just coachspeak probably in response to a generic media question. 

Yep.

They're a couple of games away from us and LSU, though.
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

forrest city joe

Quote from: Adam Stokes on January 26, 2015, 12:27:18 pm
That logic should also be applied that just because we beat Ga once doesn't mean that we are a 100%, for sure,  better team than them.  The argument for 2nd in the SEC is still wide open, that's why I'm just surprised at how quickly everyone is gang raping the coach because he doesn't consider us #2.
Stop it. UGA had a chance at home to prove they were better. and they failed. Hogs beat them in their house.

troyer37

Yeah we also got slammed by Ole Miss at home as well.

troyer37

The clemson loss and Ole Miss lose will come back to haunt come the end of the season when they are picking the tourney teams.

poloprince

Quote from: troyer37 on January 26, 2015, 01:07:13 pm
The clemson loss and Ole Miss lose will come back to haunt come the end of the season when they are picking the tourney teams.

Nope if we go 12-6 in conference which has been my prediction all along we will be good regardless.
$PoLoPrInCe$

PonderinHog

I disagree.  What we do from here on out will decide our fate.  One game at a time.

Breems

Every team has at least 2-3 bad losses under their belt come tourney time.

SPAL

Lol. Go back to sleep.

troyer37

Yes I understand but we already have two bad losses and we still have a lot to play.

forrest city joe

Bullcrap! stop it, just stop it.the Hogs are going to the Dance this year. and remember i told you that.

WizardofhOgZ

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on January 26, 2015, 11:50:22 am

^^^ Gets it ^^^

;)

troyer37

FCJ I am not saying we won't make the dance. I am saying those losses will def determine where we are seeded at. We have been lucky lately to win the last two games. Eventually our luck could run out with still plenty of games left. I hope I am wrong I am just not confident in our defense and the 40 mins of what we call Hell. Our D is far from that.

HotlantaHog

Quote from: Breems on January 26, 2015, 01:11:22 pm
Every team has at least 2-3 bad losses under their belt come tourney time.
The Hogs obviously gave it away at Clemson, but it is far from a ''bad loss.'' Clemson is 11-8 and 3-4 in the ACC, a conference most everyone would agree is stronger than the SEC. It has victories against LSU, Arkansas, Auburn, Pitt, and Syracuse. ... It has an RPI of 90.

HouseOfHam

Just like missing a few chromosomes comes back to haunt you after every post.

Breems

Quote from: HotlantaHog on January 26, 2015, 02:13:58 pm
The Hogs obviously gave it away at Clemson, but it is far from a ''bad loss.'' Clemson is 11-8 and 3-4 in the ACC, a conference most everyone would agree is stronger than the SEC. It has victories against LSU, Arkansas, Auburn, Pitt, and Syracuse. ... It has an RPI of 90.

Thanks. I haven't been keeping up with them, so that's good to hear.

Also, the Tennessee loss, which looked bad at the time, isn't looking quite as bad now. I wonder if Ole Miss is considered bad simply because it was a home game? Perhaps we're actually sitting on 1 bad loss?

razorbackkid

Quote from: HouseOfHam on January 26, 2015, 02:27:33 pm
Just like missing a few chromosomes comes back to haunt you after every post.
That's some funny stuff right there.  :)
I would rather live as if there is a God and find out there isn't, than to live as if there isn't and find out there is.

Fayettechill14

He is pretty universally regarded as the conference's worst coach for a reason.

TheRazorbackGuy

Quote from: forrest city joe on January 26, 2015, 01:19:34 pm
Bullcrap! stop it, just stop it.the Hogs are going to the Dance this year. and remember i told you that.

FCJoseph, you realize CMA said today he welcomes the criticism because it means people care about basketball and that's why he came here. So Wrong Answer on your part I want CMA to be successful.

latrops

Quote from: onebadrubi on January 26, 2015, 11:53:04 am

There really isn't a scenario where that answer is appropriate.  Yes, fans make too much of it, but it still isn't how a coach answers that question.  His response should be something about only worrying about his team and the next game on the schedule and not concerning himself with who should be ranked ahead of who.  It was simply poor judgment to speculate on such a thing midseason.

MikePiazza

Quote from: Fayettechill14 on January 26, 2015, 03:37:08 pm
He is pretty universally regarded as the conference's worst coach for a reason.

Have to admit though, with that roster, that having already won two conference games is an accomplishment. That's what I thought they'd win for the season.

chiefhawg

Tasked completed!

Thepigdoctor

Quote from: troyer37 on January 26, 2015, 01:15:01 pm
Yes I understand but we already have two bad losses and we still have a lot to play.

Wrong. If you look at the selection criteria the committee does, we have no bad losses vs 7 (as of this moment) quality wins.

HogBreath

Quote from: troyer37 on January 26, 2015, 01:15:01 pm
Do you know of any other teams who have about wrapped up their seasons?
I said...LSU has often been an overrated team.

That ignoramus Draconian Sanctions said..if we're overrated, why are we ranked higher than you are?

Quote from: forrest city joe on January 26, 2015, 01:03:25 pm
Stop it. UGA had a chance at home to prove they were better. and they failed. Hogs beat them in their house.
[/quotes
Quote from: forrest city joe on January 26, 2015, 01:03:25 pm
Is Ole Miss better than us?

opineonswine

Quote from: Karma on February 07, 2015, 05:54:03 pm
Is Ole Miss better than us?

Ole Miss totally blasted us at home.  I felt like it was a masterful job by Kennedy (and I can't stand him so hate to admit it).  We played HORRIBLE defense and refused to adjust.  Just a very bad job by us that night.

But, no, I don't think Ole Miss is better than us.

I also give us zero chance of beating them in Oxford. 

ArmyOfnobunaga

Quote from: opineonswine on February 07, 2015, 05:56:16 pm
Ole Miss totally blasted us at home.  I felt like it was a masterful job by Kennedy (and I can't stand him so hate to admit it).  We played HORRIBLE defense and refused to adjust.  Just a very bad job by us that night.

Ill take that bet and I don't want points.

There is nothing either good or bad but thinking makes it so.     -Some guy named Will

Atlhogfan1

OM is a good offensive team especially by SEC standards.  SC, Miss St and Mizzou aren't. 
Quote from: opineonswine on February 07, 2015, 05:56:16 pm