Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

8-9 Wins away

Started by mbgrulz, January 26, 2015, 09:41:12 am

Previous topic - Next topic

mbgrulz

From being NCAA Tourney locks.

12 games to go + SEC tourney, and all of them are BIG

Our RPI is plenty good enough, but that doesn't even matter when you get 23-24 W's from a power conf. History says that 24 W's guarantees an at-large bid from a P5.

I see 6 that SHOULD be gimmies in Tennessee, South Carolina, Miss State, Mizzou, @Miss State, & aTm. That would get us to 21 W's.

We SHOULD beat LSU @ home...That makes 22 W's...

Can we get 2 of @USC? @UF? @Auburn? @Ole Miss?

Arazorbackguy1

If we, heaven forbid, lose at home to that gawdawful uT team...
I have 10 to 12 points to make per game.

jry04

22 wins gets us in, so we need 7 more wins. 8 definitely makes us a lock, though.

mbgrulz

Quote from: jry04 on January 26, 2015, 09:47:25 am
22 wins gets us in, so we need 7 more wins. 8 definitely makes us a lock, though.
I agree, but would rather get in safely with 23 or 24.

chiefhawg

As of today Lunardi has us as a 7 seed playing Cincinnati in Pittsburgh.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/bracketology/_/iteration/210

ListenHereMister

I'm worried about the LSU and A and M games at home?

WorfHog

hog.goblin

Quote from: mbgrulz on January 26, 2015, 09:41:12 am

I see 6 that SHOULD be gimmies in Tennessee, South Carolina, Miss State, Mizzou, @Miss State, & aTm. That would get us to 21 W's.

Should be gimmies, but this team has no gimmies.  I think we win 22/23 in the regular season.  If we win a game or 2 in the SECT then we're in without bubble talk.

I think the TN game is huge.  We win and we could get on a roll.  We lose and we could get on a roll the other way.

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Danny J

Quote from: ListenHereMister on January 26, 2015, 10:39:10 am
I'm worried about the LSU and A and M games at home?
LSU doesn't worry me at all....their guard play is not good at all. It is usually teams that have good guard play that gives us trouble. We will lose at UF not only because it is a road game but because they have good shooters who can shoot from distance in that spread pick and roll that Donovan runs. The aggs worry me. They are a good team no question.

opineonswine

Our RPI is plenty good enough, but that doesn't even matter when you get 23-24 W's from a power conf. History says that 24 W's guarantees an at-large bid from a P5.

Texas A&M is good.  That will be a very tough game I think.  We will NOT beat Ole Miss, Florida or South Carolina on the road...not sure about Auburn.

popcornhog

As far as "gimmes," I think we've proved that there are none of those. A&M and SC are both far better than you give them credit for.

But, yeah, we should hit 23+ wins, I agree with that.
WPS

mbgrulz

Haha...I guess when I put SHOULD in all caps I thought I was emphasizing the point all of you tried hard to make. I FULLY realize that we could screw around and drop one of those, but we will be solid favorites in all of those.

mbgrulz

Quote from: opineonswine on January 26, 2015, 11:48:29 am
Texas A&M is good.  That will be a very tough game I think.  We will NOT beat Ole Miss, Florida or South Carolina on the road...not sure about Auburn.
I wouldn't rule any of those out as possibilities for W's.

I know Ole Miss shot us out of the gym, but that has no impact on how we'll do the next time we play.

opineonswine

Quote from: mbgrulz on January 26, 2015, 12:08:41 pm
I wouldn't rule any of those out as possibilities for W's.

I know Ole Miss shot us out of the gym, but that has no impact on how we'll do the next time we play.
A.  We NEVER win in Oxford.
B.  We RARELY win on the road, period.

I would bet big money we lose to Ole Miss again.

Any of those are indeed possible W's...just not likely in my opinion.  Only team that is clearly better than us is Kentucky.  But....our Jekyll and Hyde style means nothing is a sure thing.  Missouri is HORRIBLE.  Miss State is HORRIBLE.  Auburn is HORRIBLE.  We could lose to all of those.

BadHog

Quote from: opineonswine on January 26, 2015, 12:19:31 pm

Any of those are indeed possible W's...just not likely in my opinion.  Only team that is clearly better than us is Kentucky.  But....our Jekyll and Hyde style means nothing is a sure thing.  Missouri is HORRIBLE.  Miss State is HORRIBLE.  Auburn is HORRIBLE.  We could lose to all of those.

Your logic is killing my delusional euphoria!
"Rumors are started by haters, spread by the fools and accepted by idiots."

code red

None of those are gimmes but especially A&M is not a gimme
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

mhuff

Quote from: hog.goblin on January 26, 2015, 11:41:02 am
Should be gimmies, but this team has no gimmies.  I think we win 22/23 in the regular season.  If we win a game or 2 in the SECT then we're in without bubble talk.

I think the TN game is huge.  We win and we could get on a roll.  We lose and we could get on a roll the other way.

Looking ahead is not good. One game at a time. Just remember.... we were supposed to beat OM at home.

SPAL

Quote from: mhuff on January 26, 2015, 12:37:30 pm
Looking ahead is not good. One game at a time. Just remember.... we were supposed to beat OM at home.

I'm not looking ahead. I've been in the gym shooting. I shot 500 free throws after I broke down the Tennessee film. I think if I had shifted my weight a tad more to the left and not gone to the bathroom at halftime, we may have beaten them the first time. I also noted that I scratched my beard when Beard went to the line with seconds left, so that may have jinxed him.

Trust me, I'm not looking ahead. My focus is only on beating Tennessee. I expect to get their best shot, but I'll do my best.

PonderinHog

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on January 26, 2015, 01:21:58 pm
I'm not looking ahead. I've been in the gym shooting. I shot 500 free throws after I broke down the Tennessee film. I think if I had shifted my weight a tad more to the left and not gone to the bathroom at halftime, we may have beaten them the first time. I also noted that I scratched my beard when Beard went to the line with seconds left, so that may have jinxed him.

Trust me, I'm not looking ahead. My focus is only on beating Tennessee. I expect to get their best shot, but I'll do my best.
Take it easy on yourself.  Remember, it's just a game and MAKE YOUR DAMN FREE THROWS!  >:(

razorbackkid

I think we beat Kentucky @Kentucky....the other road games....who knows.  :)
I would rather live as if there is a God and find out there isn't, than to live as if there isn't and find out there is.

tophawg19

this team could beat Kentucky and lose to 3 easy teams .. you just never know who comes to play each game
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

hogball33

Florida and Auburn definitely a possible road win. I would love to win at Ole Miss but I can't remember the last time that happened. I'm sure someone can tell me.

Hollywood_HOGan45

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on January 26, 2015, 01:21:58 pm

+1

Danny J

Quote from: opineonswine on January 26, 2015, 12:19:31 pm

Ole Miss is a terrible match-up for us.

mbgrulz

Quote from: hogball33 on January 26, 2015, 08:32:12 pm
Florida and Auburn definitely a possible road win. I would love to win at Ole Miss but I can't remember the last time that happened. I'm sure someone can tell me.
Its tough for sure, but we can do it if we play very well.

PonderinHog

Quote from: hogball33 on January 26, 2015, 08:32:12 pm
January 31, 2010.  80-73  I remember it like it was yesterday.

SexyBeast77

To put it another way, we're looking at probable losses against Kentucky and Florida on the road. That leaves us needing 7/10 just to get to 11-7 and 22 wins total. All on a knife's edge actually.

toshortrock

them road games are hell,,even if we are playing a pee wee basketball team,,if we don't make the tournament,,,i don;t want to hear who needs to go pro,first u need to win n college,,, WPS
Toshortrock,,,,,,GO HOGS/////