Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Anderson's 1st Win At Mizzou Decided By "Little Things"

Started by Mike Irwin, January 25, 2015, 06:41:31 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Irwin

First year Missouri head coach Kim Anderson rejected the notion that a pair of missed free throws by Tigers guard Wes Clark with three seconds remaining was the deciding factor in Arkansas 61-60 win Saturday at Mizzou Arena. Anderson said a collection of "little things" the Razorbacks did in the second half was actually the difference.

"In the second half they made a lot of offensive rebounds," Anderson noted. "I'm looking at second chance points. Fifteen to eight. We lost a four point lead in thirty seconds. That's pretty quick."
---------------------
To read more and to view the video version of this story click on the link below:
http://www.nwahomepage.com/fulltextsports/d/story/andersons-1st-win-at-mizzou-decided-by-little-thin/41776/lIfwj_HPhUS0fblGaWedFQ

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

rusvegashog

January 26, 2015, 10:49:56 am #2 Last Edit: January 26, 2015, 11:00:52 am by rusvegashog
A wins a wins a win. Outside of a few elite teams when it comes to the next hundred or so Div.1 basketball teams the difference is minuscule. Take the win and be happy. Do enough to get into the tournament( greatest sporting event on the planet IMO) and let the pork rinds fall where they may. On a side note most feel the football "Battle Line Rivalry" is a bit forced, but I believe all the dynamics are there for the Arkansas/Mizzou basketball series to become something special.