Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Harris Appreciation Thread

Started by porkulus, January 24, 2015, 03:47:10 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

porkulus

Big props to Harris today.  He takes a beating on this board, and deservedly so at times.  He came up big today and we wouldn't have won without him.  Gotta give credit where credit is due.

reddogjcss

razorbackkid

Really needed his scoring today and he came through like a champ!
I would rather live as if there is a God and find out there isn't, than to live as if there isn't and find out there is.

Both of our conference road wins he played very well.

alaback

Harris picked up the slack today that Qualls normally provides.  He was huge in road wins at UGA and now Mizzou.

sadhogfan

Quote from: porkulus on January 24, 2015, 03:47:10 pm
Big props to Harris today.  He takes a beating on this board, and deservedly so at times.  He came up big today and we wouldn't have won without him.  Gotta give credit where credit is due.

Harris is the Jekyll and Hyde of our team. At times, he comes out and is a stud. His strength, size, and athleticism make him tough to guard, and he has nice touch on his shot. At other times, he really, really struggles.

He needs to play 30 minutes per game when he is Jekyll, and 2 minutes per game when he is Hyde. The thing is, you can usually tell which one he'll be within the first 30 seconds he is on the court.

GREAT game today though. We definitely lose without him.

porkulus

Quote from: sadhogfan on January 24, 2015, 04:08:17 pm
Harris is the Jekyll and Hyde of our team. At times, he comes out and is a stud. His strength, size, and athleticism make him tough to guard, and he has nice touch on his shot. At other times, he really, really struggles.

He needs to play 30 minutes per game when he is Jekyll, and 2 minutes per game when he is Hyde. The thing is, you can usually tell which one he'll be within the first 30 seconds he is on the court.

That's a great analogy.  And you are correct, it doesn't take long to see which way his day is going to go.

ballz2thewall

harris could do so much more if our guards could take the game over.  he'd be the power at forward that we need.
The rest of the frog.

Rawker

Quote from: sadhogfan on January 24, 2015, 04:08:17 pm

Pffff. Dude, you just described every player on the team. There are people that post that can't wait to jump all over CMA even when they only win by 1, but his UA team's to date have not had ONE guy that can be counted on 85% of the time. Even Portis is about 40% reliable on defense, and offensively his last-second put back vs AL made us all forget that he had a bad game overall.  They're all Jekyll and Hydes.

Poker_hog

You never know what you're going to get from the 4 position on this team.  Harris and Williams have played well at times but have been inconsistent.  In most of our losses the 4s have had bad games.
Sometimes wrong, but never in doubt

Hollywood_HOGan45

Loved Harris in this game!

Harris and Madden came through when Qualls had an off game!

Big road win!

razorfrog

Can't imagine how bad we are gonna be next year without Harris, Madden, and Portis.  Yea Harris and Madden arent grade but they have won games for us.  If Qualls leaves we are in huge trouble

SamBuckhart

Very nice game today Mr. Harris. Love the way you shoot.
BE TRUE TO YOUR SCHOOL. THE UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS!!!  WOOO PIG!!!

porkulus

Quote from: razorfrog on January 24, 2015, 06:22:57 pm
Can't imagine how bad we are gonna be next year without Harris, Madden, and Portis.  Yea Harris and Madden arent grade but they have won games for us.  If Qualls leaves we are in huge trouble

I understand the concern.  But I remember a time we lost Mayberry, Day, and Miller.  We had an all American in Williamson coming in but I don't remember a lot of excitement about the other newcomers.  We all know how that turned out.  I am optimistic about our future.

hog.goblin

Harris with 2 big road games and 2 SEC wins on his resume

Danny J

He was at the head of the press late in the game and much of the second half when he was in the game and played it perfectly. Kept the PG in front of him which is not a easy thing to do for a man of his size. Was really impressed with that as much as anything else.

porkulus

Quote from: Danny J on January 24, 2015, 07:36:47 pm
He was at the head of the press late in the game and much of the second half when he was in the game and played it perfectly. Kept the PG in front of him which is not a easy thing to do for a man of his size. Was really impressed with that as much as anything else.

Good comment.  He played good defense at the top of our press and in the half court.  He really broke down and moved his feet without fouling or letting someone blow by him.  Best overall game I remember him playing.  Big props.

poloprince

Alandise has been playing good at some key moments.
$PoLoPrInCe$

WADHOG

Quote from: poloprince on January 24, 2015, 09:44:46 pm
Alandise has been playing good at some key moments.
We call him 'Lan at our house, especially when he wants the lane cleared out.

HOGINTENNESSEE

He is a very good odd shot maker. Makes him very hard to guard.

mhuff

Quote from: porkulus on January 24, 2015, 03:47:10 pm

I thought he played a fabulous game.

TDHog

I have been critical of his play in the past, I have to give him his dues.  He played well today, and seems to be improving overall

Hawg Red

I love Harris because so many fans can't stand him but he comes up big in some key games. Just wish he'd be a little more consistent. All in all, he's a valuable play for us. He can bounce back and forth from starter to reserve and not playing any different, and there's something to be said for that. People need to let go of how ugly his jumper is. It works. 48.5% from the field and 41.2% from 3. HE'S ONE OF OUR BEST SHOOTERS!

hogsanity

Quote from: Hawg Red on January 26, 2015, 08:56:47 am
I love Harris because so many fans can't stand him but he comes up big in some key games. Just wish he'd be a little more consistent. All in all, he's a valuable play for us. He can bounce back and forth from starter to reserve and not playing any different, and there's something to be said for that. People need to let go of how ugly his jumper is. It works. 48.5% from the field and 41.2% from 3. HE'S ONE OF OUR BEST SHOOTERS!

I just hope he does not disappear for 2 or 3 games. That has been his pattern. Play good for a game or tow then go 2-15 over the next 2 or 3 games.

There is no doubt, without him last Sat, the Hogs lose that game.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE