Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I wish refs would make up their minds on fouls at the end of games

Started by JonClaudeVanHam, January 24, 2015, 03:27:24 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

JonClaudeVanHam

Madden bumped Clark. That much I am pretty sure of. But in a game where it is preached that everyone wants the players to decide the outcome, that call is upsetting to see. Especially in light of being able to easily see at least 4 fouls happening at the end of the Bama game, three while Ky had the ball and one when Portis tipped the shot in.

Can't say I wouldnt enjoy some regulations and consistentcy at the end of games.

Glad we won. 15-4 is all that matters. Go Hogs!
Quote from: rhames on March 28, 2024, 10:56:37 amMusselman wants the UofA Transit Director Job.

hawginbigd1

It was highly questionable on this one, the one Thursday was horrible. Not sure it was as bad as the one TCU got jobbed on today to lose to WVA

forrest city joe

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on January 24, 2015, 04:10:15 pm
It was highly questionable on this one, the one Thursday was horrible. Not sure it was as bad as the one TCU got jobbed on today to lose to WVA
There was nothing questionable about that foul today. it was not even close to being a foul. it was a cheating BS call. just like the call at the end of that Alabama game was. i am sick and tired of seeing Arkansas getting screwed at the end of these games.

forrest city joe

Quote from: JonClaudeVanHam on January 24, 2015, 03:27:24 pm
Madden bumped Clark. That much I am pretty sure of. But in a game where it is preached that everyone wants the players to decide the outcome, that call is upsetting to see. Especially in light of being able to easily see at least 4 fouls happening at the end of the Bama game, three while Ky had the ball and one when Portis tipped the shot in.

Can't say I wouldnt enjoy some regulations and consistentcy at the end of games.

Glad we won. 15-4 is all that matters. Go Hogs!
That was not a bump. nobody touched the guy. this was just like that BS call at the end of that Bama game. that was no where near a foul.

HSVhogfan2

Basketball officiating has always been horrible. It is also, very difficult to do. Much like calling holding in football, there are fouls on so many plays, it is difficult to decide, in an instant, which contact to call and which to let go as incidental. I tend to like the games where they let them play, but then there is a concern about contact getting out of hand and a fight.
"The post you have just read was used with the express written consent of HSVHogfan2."

Veni Sancte Spiritus

Do you wish to rise? Begin by descending. You plan a tower that will pierce the clouds? Lay first the foundation of humility.

Hogimus Prime

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on January 24, 2015, 04:10:15 pm

The foul at the end of the TCU/WV was pathetic. 

jackflash

The call at the end of the game. Was what we use to call a Homer call. Road teams never got that call.

forrest city joe

Quote from: jackflash on January 24, 2015, 04:26:31 pm
The call at the end of the game. Was what we use to call a Homer call. Road teams never got that call.
Wrong. Alabama got that call at Bud Walton just the other night. that was a cheating BS call too. the Alabama team got that call on the road. Portis never touched him.

porkulus

Quote from: forrest city joe on January 24, 2015, 04:15:56 pm
There was nothing questionable about that foul today. it was not even close to being a foul. it was a cheating BS call. just like the call at the end of that Alabama game was. i am sick and tired of seeing Arkansas getting screwed at the end of these games.

Very poor anticipation call, but not sure it was in the cheating spirit.  I thought the game was called pretty good overall.

forrest city joe

Quote from: porkulus on January 24, 2015, 04:41:46 pm
Very poor anticipation call, but not sure it was in the cheating spirit.  I thought the game was called pretty good overall.
We must have been watching a different game. those refs sucked the entire game. Portis getting bumped inside all game with almost no calls for him. those refs were a disgrace and a joke.

Dr. Starcs

We were in the double bonus. Mizz never got to the one and one till that very last foul.

porkulus

Quote from: forrest city joe on January 24, 2015, 04:46:51 pm
We must have been watching a different game. those refs sucked the entire game. Portis getting bumped inside all game with almost no calls for him. those refs were a disgrace and a joke.

Honest question, have you ever watched an Arkansas game where the refs called it good?

Razorbacks_77

forrest city joe

Quote from: porkulus on January 24, 2015, 04:48:11 pm
Honest question, have you ever watched an Arkansas game where the refs called it good?
Yea. the Clemson game this year. refs had nothing to do with that game. these last 2 games, the refs have been a cheating BS joke.giving guys FT's at the end of games when they were not even touched. it's a disgrace.

porkulus

Quote from: forrest city joe on January 24, 2015, 04:52:30 pm
Yea. the Clemson game this year. refs had nothing to do with that game. these last 2 games, the refs have been a cheating BS joke.giving guys FT's at the end of games when they were not even touched. it's a disgrace.

I agree that the last foul was a bad, anticipation call.  But you are right about we must have been watching a different game for the rest of it.

hawginbigd1

Quote from: porkulus on January 24, 2015, 04:55:04 pm
I agree that the last foul was a bad, anticipation call.  But you are right about we must have been watching a different game for the rest of it.

This! Joe I am afraid your MA man crush clouds your view, refs make bad calls, and I believe SEC have been below average for a while. However besides a handful of calls this year I don't believe I have seen anything that raises to the level of cheating, or to the level of venom you seem to bring to the conversation. I seen calls not made against both teams today but I thought it was fair and balanced.

Razorback de Nosferatu

Quote from: porkulus on January 24, 2015, 04:41:46 pm

Even if it was, it ticks me off (and I'm obviously not alone) to know that there was pretty much no defense Arkansas was going to be allowed to play on that final possession.  Yeah, they let the Hogs play decent D for most of the game, but it's all for naught if they're gonna let the game be determined at the free throw line on what was at best an insignificant bump and at worst not a foul at all.

Only way Arkansas doesn't get whistled for a foul on that final possession is if they just stand out of the way and let the kid drive to the basket.  I believe that.  I think refs like the power they wield in close games.

Now, should the game have been close?  No.  I wish this team could start playing well and be consistent about it.  They're better than this.  Much better.  :razorback:

I worry far more about a not so good team like MO getting 5 shots at the basket with 4 of them right under the basket and we can't get a rebound????  We should have a game like playing MO so locked down by games end that 3 or 4 horrible calls would not change a thing.  SEC refs usually stink in the overall picture.  But our biggest problem is we cannot play with energy very much at all. 

forrest city joe

Quote from: 12247 on January 24, 2015, 05:33:33 pm
I worry far more about a not so good team like MO getting 5 shots at the basket with 4 of them right under the basket and we can't get a rebound????  We should have a game like playing MO so locked down by games end that 3 or 4 horrible calls would not change a thing.  SEC refs usually stink in the overall picture.  But our biggest problem is we cannot play with energy very much at all. 
Tell that to a LSU team that lost at Mizzo. stop, just stop it.

porkulus

Quote from: forrest city joe on January 24, 2015, 06:19:11 pm
Tell that to a LSU team that lost at Mizzo. stop, just stop it.

This is a quality post FCJ.  Forgive some of us if we tire with the refs suck shtick.  Most of us support the team and MA completely.

HoustonwehaveaProblem

The cardinal sin of leaving your feet bit madden. Stay on your feet and that bump doesn't get called. It was the correct call

Baconomics

If you watch the entire play, you will see that Clark shoved Madden hard to get loose for the pass and drive to the hoop right in front of the baseline ref.  Nothing was called.  Madden tries to recover and the same ref suddenly decides he's going to call it tight.

I agree with the OP.  Once the baseline ref decided to let them play, he should have stuck to that until it played out.  By switching philosophies mid-play, he gave Clark a clearly unfair advantage.

rljjr

I guess I thought it was a foul against Bama to tie it up and not cheating refs. Our problem against them was they were shooting lights out. We had them by 7 late. That wasn't on the refs. Today's call was bad ... That's the truth. But it wasn't cheating.

forrest city joe

Quote from: rljjr on January 24, 2015, 08:16:00 pm
I guess I thought it was a foul against Bama to tie it up and not cheating refs. Our problem against them was they were shooting lights out. We had them by 7 late. That wasn't on the refs. Today's call was bad ... That's the truth. But it wasn't cheating.
Go away. the BS call from those refs was cheating! they make me sick.

TheRazorbackGuy

Quote from: forrest city joe on January 24, 2015, 08:37:57 pm

Wrong Answer FCJoseph.... Why did My Madden flop 3 times in the game?

forrest city joe

Quote from: TheRazorbackGuy on January 24, 2015, 08:48:09 pm
Wrong Answer FCJoseph.... Why did My Madden flop 3 times in the game?
You haters lost today.deal with it.15 and 4, and 4 and 2 in the sec. that kills haters like you. i love it! GO HOGS. and GO MIKE ANDERSON.

JonClaudeVanHam

Joe, just because someone disagrees with you doesn't mean they're a hater.
Quote from: rhames on March 28, 2024, 10:56:37 amMusselman wants the UofA Transit Director Job.

forrest city joe

Quote from: JonClaudeVanHam on January 24, 2015, 09:16:11 pm
Joe, just because someone disagrees with you doesn't mean they're a hater.
Does not mean they are not either. and that goes for you too. Hogs won on the road. deal with it! GO HOGS.Go Mike Anderson.

JonClaudeVanHam

Quote from: forrest city joe on January 24, 2015, 09:47:53 pm
Does not mean they are not either. and that goes for you too. Hogs won on the road. deal with it! GO HOGS.Go Mike Anderson.

You are one step away from being a fascist.

TheRazorbackGuy

Quote from: forrest city joe on January 24, 2015, 09:47:53 pm

FCJoseph, Madden flopped and acted like someone elbowed him in the face when they didn't. The tripping call was also a flop by Madden. Calls we're bad on both ends but they didn't cheat either team.

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: forrest city joe on January 24, 2015, 04:39:24 pm
Wrong. Alabama got that call at Bud Walton just the other night. that was a cheating BS call too. the Alabama team got that call on the road. Portis never touched him.

Saban paid the ref.

That is all.
This is my non-signature signature.

bigredone

After the replay I don't think Madden fouled him but in real time I thought it was. He should not have put himself in that position to have a foul called once he was clearly beat as time was running out. It worked out but that was damn close.

I wish they would let teams play more like they let Syracuse and Miami go for most of the game today. Early on if they whistled a foul then it clearly was. It was tough that they tightened up in the second half and it is not fair to either team.

rljjr

Quote from: forrest city joe on January 24, 2015, 08:37:57 pm

You have a serious mental issue.

texhog

To me, refs need to let players decide the outcome of the game especially at the end.  Like a hail Mary pass they need to swallow their whistles unless the foul is just so obvious as to really impact the outcome of the play.  That foul on Madden may have been a foul by the book but a ticky tack foul that never should have been called.

HognitiveDissonance

You realize that Anthony Grant had a brief pow-wow with an SEC officiating leader after the Arkansas game. He had, what, three guys foul out? And more with foul trouble?

So apparently everyone complains about the officiating, especially after a loss.

I'd love to see Anthony Grant and FCJ go mano a mano to determine who is getting screwed the most by them lyin', cheatin' refs!

forrest city joe

Quote from: HognitiveDissonance on January 25, 2015, 11:39:44 pm
You realize that Anthony Grant had a brief pow-wow with an SEC officiating leader after the Arkansas game. He had, what, three guys foul out? And more with foul trouble?

So apparently everyone complains about the officiating, especially after a loss.

I'd love to see Anthony Grant and FCJ go mano a mano to determine who is getting screwed the most by them lyin', cheatin' refs!
Anthony Grant should be kissing hugging the refs after they gave him a BS foul call that sent the game into overtime.Portis did not foul that guy. he never touched him. yet Grant and Alabama got that call at Bud Walton.that's a joke and a disgrace.they should have had 6 guys foul out the way they were hammering Portis with no calls.these cheating Sec refs flat out suck.

Randy Johnson

I know if they keep allowing people to hammer MQ he is going to get hurt or punch somebody out.....It appears teams have decided not be be a sports center highlight and they just take him out....

forrest city joe

Quote from: RazorWorld on January 26, 2015, 07:43:05 am
I know if they keep allowing people to hammer MQ he is going to get hurt or punch somebody out.....It appears teams have decided not be be a sports center highlight and they just take him out....
Qualls is getting killed , and they don't give a crap! i am shocked Qualls has not already fought back. this is on the BS sec refs. they keep letting this crap happen.