Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Summer Slam thoughts

Started by hog_fan, August 19, 2006, 02:45:14 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hog_fan

Is anyone ordering summerslam? It should be a solid event. Here is the card,I'm guessing a couple more matches will be added.

WWE Champion Edge vs. John Cena (Cena wins the title in his hometown)

World Heavyweight Champion King Booker vs. Batista  (Batista wins in what should be a solid match)

D-Generation X vs. The McMahons Preview (I would be very suprised if DX loses)

Hulk Hogan vs. Randy Orton (I see Hogan winning as I have read he has creative control and he doesn't like losing. If Hogan really has a messed up knee which would give him two bad knees this won't be a very good match all). If he is injured Orton I think  should beat him fairly quickly allowing Hogan to get surgey without further injury and then win the rematch.

Mick Foley vs. Ric Flair ("I Quit" Match)  (should be an excellent match hardcore style. Undecided on who will win)

Rey Mysterio vs. Chavo Guerrero (Rey should win, but not sure he will)

ECW World Champion Big Show vs. Sabu 9I would like to Sabu win but I see Big Show retaining)

RBLtoHOG

I think Flair will lose... hes gettin 2 old and is in more need to retire the Foley
In any fight, life or football, its the guy who is willing to die who will win that inch. If I'm gonna have any life anymore its because I'm still willing to fight and die for that inch....because, that's what living is!

Rooka

I will order. Best card in a while to be honest. Although I would like to see the SS vs the Highlanders and someone defend the IC or the US title.

hog_fan

Yes, I'm suprised IC and US title arent being defended. Maybe they will add couple matches.

Doug

I am definitely ordering it tonight, and here's how I see it breaking down...

WWE Champion Edge vs. John Cena (Edge will not drop the title this PPV, but will at next month's PPV)

World Heavyweight Champion King Booker vs. Batista  (Batista wins in what should be a solid match)

D-Generation X vs. The McMahons Preview (At this point in time, they're still building up DX, so no chance in hell that McMahons win.)

Hulk Hogan vs. Randy Orton (They need to build up Randy Orton more.  Either way, Brooke will be at ring side.  I suspect a curve that gets Brooke publicity, allows Orton to win without Hogan being pinned.)

Mick Foley vs. Ric Flair ("I Quit" Match)  (I'm really enjoying the banter between the two.  I expect Mick to win.)

Rey Mysterio vs. Chavo Guerrero (Rey Rey needs knee surgery desperately, this just might be the match that lets him.)

ECW World Champion Big Show vs. Sabu (NEVER count Sabu out... I see him goin' over, but not cleanly.)

Here's a couple suggestions for additional matches...
Four way dance for the IC title:  SHelton Benjamin, Carlito and Johnny Nitro.  Mystery person will not be announced until last - JEFF "COKE ME UP" HARDY!.  (Carlito really needs to win this match, he's on a MAJOR push right now, and this would help him out, especially with Trish wanting gold again.)

8 man tag match between Spirit Squad and the Highlanders/Eugene/Hacksaw (Highlanders are on a major roll and Spirit Squad is being de-pushed, so the faces should have that one).

Women's Champ Match - Lita vs ??? (Lita will defend it against someone, if it's any other person except Trish, Lita retains.  If Lita meets Trish, Trish takes the title cleanly.  Remember, Lita's contract is up shortly, so no need for her to have the title).
--Doug
Full time Web Developer, Sports junkie and Sports Personality

@BearlyDoug  |  @GridironHistory  |  @Hogville
TheFan.net | BearlyDoug.com | My plugins on WordPress.org | GridironHistory.com

(If you have a tech question, please post in the Help forum, instead of private messaging or emailing me (unless I request it). Thanks!)

hog_fan

Trish is set to have her fnal match at unforgiven as her contract expires in September and she is als getting married.

Rooka

Douglas, you outta push towards the WWE and book some matches.  ;)

Doug

August 20, 2006, 04:53:04 pm #7 Last Edit: August 20, 2006, 04:54:45 pm by Douglas
Death, I'd love to, but I am NOT relocating back to New England again.  I've got a BUNCH of ideas to do, one of them is to end the brand extension completely, unify the two heavyweight champs, leave the IC and US belts alone, bring back the hard core champ and push the tag belts.

The cruiserweights would get more focus, maybe move the women's division over to ECW so they can get a bit more edgy.

And bring back some damn good managers!  I don't mean like Lita or Melina... I'm talkin' people like Armando Alejandro Estrada... people like Mr. Fuji/Bobby Heenan/Jim Coronette/etc caliber.
--Doug
Full time Web Developer, Sports junkie and Sports Personality

@BearlyDoug  |  @GridironHistory  |  @Hogville
TheFan.net | BearlyDoug.com | My plugins on WordPress.org | GridironHistory.com

(If you have a tech question, please post in the Help forum, instead of private messaging or emailing me (unless I request it). Thanks!)

Rooka

Quote from: Douglas on August 20, 2006, 04:53:04 pm
Death, I'd love to, but I am NOT relocating back to New England again.  I've got a BUNCH of ideas to do, one of them is to end the brand extension completely, unify the two heavyweight champs, leave the IC and US belts alone, bring back the hard core champ and push the tag belts.

The cruiserweights would get more focus, maybe move the women's division over to ECW so they can get a bit more edgy.

And bring back some damn good managers!  I don't mean like Lita or Melina... I'm talkin' people like Armando Alejandro Estrada... people like Mr. Fuji/Bobby Heenan/Jim Coronette/etc caliber.
OMG!, Forget booking managers, Get Vince out and put you in. Holy crap that is exactly how I feel.  I hate this stupid brand extension. I nominate Douglas as the new chairman of the board.   8)