Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

An early look at Oakmont 2025

Started by ricepig, June 20, 2016, 10:33:18 am

Previous topic - Next topic

ricepig

Will the clown's mouth be ready by then, can we keep this thread alive 9 years?? These are questions on the minds of golfers everywhere......

zane

Do they plan to put trees back on the course between now and then? I'll hang up and listen.
RIP LSUfan

clutch

Quote from: zane on June 20, 2016, 10:45:54 am
Do they plan to put trees back on the course between now and then? I'll hang up and listen.

Going to put them right in the middle of the fairway. Trick it up a little.

GoHogs1091

I am not going to do an early look at thread for Royal Troon.  Royal Troon is not worth writing about.

I might do an early look at thread for Baltusrol (Lower Course).  I haven't decided yet (I am leaning towards not doing one).  Some people though feel the Upper Course at Baltusrol is a better course than the Lower Course at Baltusrol (the Lower Course is the one hosting the PGA Championship).

I will probably do an early look at thread for Scioto Country Club (hosting the U.S. Senior Open).  Scioto is a 1916 Donald Ross design, but Ross' design at Scioto has been renovated by Dick Wilson and renovated by Jack Nicklaus and Michael Hurdzan (Nicklaus and Hurdzan did a renovation in 2008).

Scioto still retains some Donald Ross.  It is not as good of a course as Ross' course at French Lick, Indiana, his Seminole course in Florida (though Seminole's greens are Dick Wilson greens, not Ross' original greens), and his Essex County course in Massachusetts.  Scioto is a better course than Pinehurst No. 2 (Pinehurst No. 2's garbage domed greens need to be restored back to what Ross designed).

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: GoHogs1091 on June 20, 2016, 03:17:20 pm
I am not going to do an early look at thread for Royal Troon.  Royal Troon is not worth writing about.

I might do an early look at thread for Baltusrol (Lower Course).  I haven't decided yet (I am leaning towards not doing one).  Some people though feel the Upper Course at Baltusrol is a better course than the Lower Course at Baltusrol (the Lower Course is the one hosting the PGA Championship).

I will probably do an early look at thread for Scioto Country Club (hosting the U.S. Senior Open).  Scioto is a 1916 Donald Ross design, but Ross' design at Scioto has been renovated by Dick Wilson and renovated by Jack Nicklaus and Michael Hurdzan (Nicklaus and Hurdzan did a renovation in 2008).

Scioto still retains some Donald Ross.  It is not as good of a course as Ross' course at French Lick, Indiana, his Seminole course in Florida (though Seminole's greens are Dick Wilson greens, not Ross' original greens), and his Essex County course in Massachusetts.  Scioto is a better course than Pinehurst No. 2 (Pinehurst No. 2's garbage domed greens need to be restored back to what Ross designed).
You just had to mention Dick, didn't you.....Do Work!

PP

oldman1015

Quote from: ricepig on June 20, 2016, 10:33:18 am
Will the clown's mouth be ready by then, can we keep this thread alive 9 years?? These are questions on the minds of golfers everywhere......
langer will probably be the favorite.
Arkansas, the left lane state.

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: oldman1015 on June 21, 2016, 07:57:14 am
langer will probably be the favorite.
only with precision ball striking, from tee to green

PP

oldman1015

Quote from: Pulled(PP)pork on June 21, 2016, 08:05:08 am
only with precision ball striking, from tee to green

PP
he is the best ever.