Previous topic - Next topic

PonderinHog

Spieth > Langer

Dayum, son.  That's how you finish!

majestic

Unreal finish by Spieth.
Voluntary epidemiologist - Voted for W in 08

GoHogs1091

I presume Langer will play at most 3 more seasons after this season.  I presume he will win at least 10 more events which will put him up to 110 wins as a Professional, and he will win at least 3 to 4 more Majors on the Champions Tour, which would mean he would pass Jack Nicklaus' Major record on that Tour.  He probably won't pass Hale Irwin's win total record on that Tour.

The Senior U.S. Open this year is at Scioto Country Club in Ohio, which is the course where Jack Nicklaus honed his game with Jack Grout.  Langer probably would like to win another Senior U.S. Open, and win it on the course where Nicklaus learned to play the game.  If Langer wins at Scioto Country Club, it would be kind of a "full circle aspect" because Langer put the Green Blazer on Nicklaus in 1986 when Nicklaus won at the border of Georgia and South Carolina (Langer won in 1985).

Besides the putt that Langer missed in The Ryder Cup, one thing that Langer will be remembered for is that the persimmon Wood Brothers Texan Driver he used to win at the border of Georgia and South Carolina in 1993 was the last time a persimmon Driver won The Masters.

Here is a picture of Langer's bag and some other Green Blazer Winners' bags.

http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/160781-vintage-masters-witb-shots/

Someone in that thread stated that Langer used that Wood Brothers Texan Driver for a good 5 years after that photo in 1993, and that he was among the last to permanently switch to a metal Driver.  Someone else stated it ended up being one of the last persimmon Drivers in play on the European Tour.

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: GoHogs1091 on May 31, 2016, 04:38:19 pm
I presume Langer will play at most 3 more seasons after this season.  I presume he will win at least 10 more events which will put him up to 110 wins as a Professional, and he will win at least 3 to 4 more Majors on the Champions Tour, which would mean he would pass Jack Nicklaus' Major record on that Tour.  He probably won't pass Hale Irwin's win total record on that Tour.

The Senior U.S. Open this year is at Scioto Country Club in Ohio, which is the course where Jack Nicklaus honed his game with Jack Grout.  Langer probably would like to win another Senior U.S. Open, and win it on the course where Nicklaus learned to play the game.  If Langer wins at Scioto Country Club, it would be kind of a "full circle aspect" because Langer put the Green Blazer on Nicklaus in 1986 when Nicklaus won at the border of Georgia and South Carolina (Langer won in 1985).

Besides the putt that Langer missed in The Ryder Cup, one thing that Langer will be remembered for is that the persimmon Wood Brothers Texan Driver he used to win at the border of Georgia and South Carolina in 1993 was the last time a persimmon Driver won The Masters.

Someone in that thread stated that Langer used that Wood Brothers Texan Driver for a good 5 years after that photo in 1993, and that he was among the last to permanently switch to a metal Driver.  Someone else stated it ended up being one of the last persimmon Drivers in play on the European Tour.

Is this what it's come to?  Augusta National is reduced to being a course that we cannot even mention by name?  Like "that school up north" to Mississippi State, or Voldemort to all the Hogworts wizards?
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

onebadrubi

You are the ONLY person in the world that knows how to spell the word GOLF that refused to give Augusta the respect it deserves.  How pathetic.

EastexHawg

Nicklaus used a persimmon driver for basically his entire career, and he would have beaten Langer like a tied up goat with it or any other club that was used at the time.

I'm not trying to be rude, but Bernhard Langer is a nice player who shouldn't be mentioned in the same sentence with Nicklaus.  He's Ben Crenshaw or Mark O'Meara.  Sure, he is a fitness nut and physical specimen who has seized on the opportunity to extend his career on the Senior/Champions Tour.  On the other hand, so have guys like Allen Doyle who never really had careers to extend. 

Do you think Nicklaus was out there busting his butt and trying to see how many senior events he could win or how long he could play?  If he had been he would have teed it up more than 5-6 times per year.

What Langer is doing at his age is tremendous.  Being able to still make cuts at Augusta is quite a feat.  On the other hand, Nicklaus made a back nine run at the title and finished 6th in the Masters at age 58. 

Jackrabbit Hog

I vote our next thread be on Doug Tewell or Kirk Triplett.

Would be about as relevant.
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

oldman1015

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on June 01, 2016, 12:47:53 pm

They are no Barnyard Langer.
Arkansas, the left lane state.

ricepig

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on June 01, 2016, 12:47:53 pm

How about the bucket hat, and who was the best golfer to wear one?

Jackrabbit Hog

Pulled(PP)pork

we are talking the Senior Tour, right?  That competition has to be tough

PP