Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

HSV isabella and Magellan

Started by onebadrubi, March 28, 2016, 10:10:49 am

Previous topic - Next topic

onebadrubi

Anyone played these two courses lately?  I am playing there this weekend and have no played either. 

DownTownHawg

I played MaGellan this weekend and it was in Great shape other than a little wet . The Championship Bermuda greens were in perfect condition . I wouldn't be supprised if the change all the course to that ..
I usually play Isabella and it's always in good shape .

onebadrubi

DownTownHawg

Sorry got busy at work . Yes all the greens in the Village are bent I believe except for Magellan . There a lot less maintenance and cost on the Championsip Bermuda that's why it wouldn't surprise me if all the courses over there eventually change .

HSVhogfan2

Desoto also has Bermuda.

I don't think anymore will change. That was an over reaction by the then golf director following a very, very hot summer.

Isabella has some, err, drainage problems, to say the least. They are putting in culverts as they get to them here. The first priority was Balboa, and that's completed. There was a freaking beaver dam on #6 on Santa Maria the other day. Offered to take a 12 pack and a few sticks of dynamite and have it eradicated. Have not heard back.

Both courses are very good. Isabella is much wider and longer, flatter as well. Magellan is shorter and more hills. The greens at both courses have been plugged within the last week or so. Fair warning there.

Enjoy your outing and tell your friends. All of the sane people here love visitors!!
"The post you have just read was used with the express written consent of HSVHogfan2."

Veni Sancte Spiritus

Do you wish to rise? Begin by descending. You plan a tower that will pierce the clouds? Lay first the foundation of humility.

onebadrubi

Quote from: HSVhogfan2 on March 28, 2016, 05:29:55 pm
Desoto also has Bermuda.

I don't think anymore will change. That was an over reaction by the then golf director following a very, very hot summer.

Isabella has some, err, drainage problems, to say the least. They are putting in culverts as they get to them here. The first priority was Balboa, and that's completed. There was a freaking beaver dam on #6 on Santa Maria the other day. Offered to take a 12 pack and a few sticks of dynamite and have it eradicated. Have not heard back.

Both courses are very good. Isabella is much wider and longer, flatter as well. Magellan is shorter and more hills. The greens at both courses have been plugged within the last week or so. Fair warning there.

Enjoy your outing and tell your friends. All of the sane people here love visitors!!

Aww darn, how bad are the greens?  We are playing them Friday-Sunday.  That means they should have most the sand settled but still be bumpy as hell

clutch

Speaking of changing greens. Sage Meadows is about to close down for a while so they can redo their greens. They are going to the championship bermuda as well.

DownTownHawg

Quote from: onebadrubi on March 28, 2016, 06:18:03 pm
Aww darn, how bad are the greens?  We are playing them Friday-Sunday.  That means they should have most the sand settled but still be bumpy as hell

I played Megellan Saturday and they hadn't been plugged or punched .

HSVhogfan2

Not bad. Hopefully we get just s little rain on Wednesday to settle them. I made 4 birdies and a pretty long par putt today on Ponce. They still have most of their speed. Magellan may be a little tough because they have more undulation. 
"The post you have just read was used with the express written consent of HSVHogfan2."

Veni Sancte Spiritus

Do you wish to rise? Begin by descending. You plan a tower that will pierce the clouds? Lay first the foundation of humility.

HSVhogfan2

Downtown is correct. I just looked at the calendar for the golf department and Magellan and Desoto are not scheduled for punching this spring.

Isabella was done on March 16, so it will have been 2 full weeks by the time you play here.

Veni Sancte Spiritus

GolfNut57

Quote from: clutch on March 28, 2016, 06:58:15 pm
Speaking of changing greens. Sage Meadows is about to close down for a while so they can redo their greens. They are going to the championship bermuda as well.

Well moose tit!!! Was going to try to come up in a few weeks and get a round in.
"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented." Arnold Palmer.

clutch

Quote from: GolfNut57 on March 29, 2016, 02:05:10 am
Well moose tit!!! Was going to try to come up in a few weeks and get a round in.

It's still open right now