Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Official WGC Match Play Thread

Started by Jackrabbit Hog, March 21, 2016, 01:03:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Jackrabbit Hog

In the spirit of March Madness, and since basketball in our fair state is deader than Generalissimo Francisco Franco, I look forward to this week's Match Play.  It's right behind the four majors and Ryder Cup as my favorite golf event of the year. 

They had that new goofy bracket drawing last year and I think they are doing the same thing this year (drawings tonight live on Golf Channel).  Pool play for 3 matches, with winners and wildcards moving on to the bracketed portion over the weekend.

Who ya got?  I'm gonna go out on a limb and say Paul Casey.  No reason why.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

Pulled(PP)pork

Doesn't matter, no Perry Maxwell greens.....to easy

PP

ricepig

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on March 21, 2016, 01:03:35 pm
In the spirit of March Madness, and since basketball in our fair state is deader than Generalissimo Francisco Franco, I look forward to this week's Match Play.  It's right behind the four majors and Ryder Cup as my favorite golf event of the year. 

They had that new goofy bracket drawing last year and I think they are doing the same thing this year (drawings tonight live on Golf Channel).  Pool play for 3 matches, with winners and wildcards moving on to the bracketed portion over the weekend.

What, Garrigus not in it?

Jackrabbit Hog

I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

GoHogs1091

Quote from: Pulled(PP)pork on March 21, 2016, 01:17:32 pm

PP

There is a lot of truth to your post.

Loren Roberts (regarded as one of the best putters over the last 25 years in professional golf) said the following after his Friday 2nd round during the 2013 U.S. Senior Open at Omaha Country Club in Omaha, Nebraska.  The greens there are the last set Perry Maxwell built before he passed away in 1952 (he completely rebuilt the greens there in 1951).

Q. As someone who's got the reputation of being a very good putter, tell us about the greens here.

LOREN ROBERTS: "I tell you, these greens are tough. Obviously, we've played at Southern Hills for years, and those are tough greens. It seems like Perry Maxwell's got a lot of extra movement that's hard to see. These greens, you've got to really pay attention."

Here is what Fred Couples said about the greens at Omaha on Friday after his round.

"The greens are good. I can't pick on the greens. They're a little bumpy, but they're good, and they're very tough. They're very, very tough greens."

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: GoHogs1091 on March 21, 2016, 06:02:58 pm
There is a lot of truth to your post.

Loren Roberts (regarded as one of the best putters over the last 25 years in professional golf) said the following after his Friday 2nd round during the 2013 U.S. Senior Open at Omaha Country Club in Omaha, Nebraska.  The greens there are the last set Perry Maxwell built before he passed away in 1952 (he completely rebuilt the greens there in 1951).

Q. As someone who's got the reputation of being a very good putter, tell us about the greens here.

LOREN ROBERTS: "I tell you, these greens are tough. Obviously, we've played at Southern Hills for years, and those are tough greens. It seems like Perry Maxwell's got a lot of extra movement that's hard to see. These greens, you've got to really pay attention."

Here is what Fred Couples said about the greens at Omaha on Friday after his round.

"The greens are good. I can't pick on the greens. They're a little bumpy, but they're good, and they're very tough. They're very, very tough greens."

I'm sorry, but did they move the Match Play to Omaha?

And PP, keep your trap shut!  You're only encouraging him!!

ricepig

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on March 21, 2016, 06:06:11 pm

And PP, keep your trap shut!  You're only encouraging him!!

Sounds like the old codger designed putt-putt courses, where's the windmill?

GoHogs1091

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on March 21, 2016, 06:06:11 pm

It probably should have been moved there.  Pete Dye's course at Austin Country Club is a typical cookie cutter Pete Dye course.  Bland design with typical Dye idiosyncracies.

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: GoHogs1091 on March 21, 2016, 06:15:33 pm
It probably should have been moved there.  Pete Dye's course at Austin Country Club is a typical cookie cutter Pete Dye course.  Bland design with typical Dye idiosyncracies.

One man's idiosyncracy is another man's brilliance.

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: sevenof400 on March 21, 2016, 06:51:18 pm
Scotch guarded crotches - fore and aft.

That would have been one helluva name for a high school garage band:  Scotch Guarded Crotches.

PonderinHog

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on March 21, 2016, 01:03:35 pm

And Casey draws Jason Day.  Pick again, JR.

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: PonderinHog on March 21, 2016, 07:38:37 pm
And Casey draws Jason Day.  Pick again, JR.

A couple of Popeye forearmed dudes.  Maybe they should just arm wrestle for it.

onebadrubi

Quote from: Pulled(PP)pork on March 21, 2016, 01:17:32 pm

PP

You MF'er, you just had to bait him...

Jackrabbit Hog

Here are the pools.  I was wrong about wild cards - don't know where I got that - the 16 pool winners will move on to the bracketed part of the tournament this weekend.  Some interesting pool pairings, including Spieth and Justin Thomas, who lived together until Spieth bought his Dallas mansion; Bubba and JB Holmes, two of the biggest hitters on tour; Patrick Reed and Mickelson; and Jason Day and Graeme McDowell.

The top-ranked player will face the lowest-ranked player in his group on Wednesday, followed by the third-ranked player Thursday and finally the second-ranked player Friday. Here's a look at each of the 16 groups:

WGC-Dell Match Play: Full bracket

Group 1: Jordan Spieth (1), Justin Thomas (31), Victor Dubuisson (39), Jamie Donaldson (51)

Group 2: Jason Day (2), Paul Casey (23), Thongchai Jaidee (36), Graeme McDowell (62)

Group 3: Rory McIlroy (3), Kevin Na (26), Smylie Kaufman (46), Thorbjorn Olesen (64)

Group 4: Bubba Watson (4), J.B. Holmes (21), Emiliano Grillo (33), Patton Kizzire (63)

Group 5: Rickie Fowler (5), Byeong-Hun An (27), Scott Piercy (47), Jason Dufner (58)

Group 6: Adam Scott (6), Bill Haas (30), Chris Wood (41), Thomas Pieters (55)

Group 7: Justin Rose (7), Matt Kuchar (28), Anirban Lahiri (48), Fabian Gomez (57)

Group 8: Dustin Johnson (8), Jimmy Walker (22), Kiradech Aphibarnrat (37), Robert Streb (49)

Group 9: Patrick Reed (9), Phil Mickelson (17), Matthew Fitzpatrick (42), Daniel Berger (53)

Group 10: Danny Willett (10), Brooks Koepka (18), Billy Horschel (40), Jaco Van Zyl (50)

Group 11: Branden Grace (11), Russell Knox (32), David Lingmerth (38), Chris Kirk (54)

Group 12: Hideki Matsuyama (12), Kevin Kisner (20), Soren Kjeldsen (43), Rafael Cabrera-Bello (52)

Group 13: Sergio Garcia (13), Marc Leishman (25), Ryan Moore (45), Lee Westwood (59)

Group 14: Zach Johnson (14), Shane Lowry (24), Martin Kaymer (44), Marcus Fraser (60)

Group 15: Brandt Snedeker (15), Charl Schwartzel (19), Danny Lee (34), Charley Hoffman (56)

Group 16: Louis Oosthuizen (16), Andy Sullivan (29), Bernd Wiesberger (35), Matt Jones (61)

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on March 22, 2016, 07:09:05 am
Here are the pools.  I was wrong about wild cards - don't know where I got that - the 16 pool winners will move on to the bracketed part of the tournament this weekend.  Some interesting pool pairings, including Spieth and Justin Thomas, who lived together until Spieth bought his Dallas mansion; Bubba and JB Holmes, two of the biggest hitters on tour; Patrick Reed and Mickelson; and Jason Day and Graeme McDowell.

The top-ranked player will face the lowest-ranked player in his group on Wednesday, followed by the third-ranked player Thursday and finally the second-ranked player Friday. Here's a look at each of the 16 groups:

WGC-Dell Match Play: Full bracket

Group 1: Jordan Spieth (1), Justin Thomas (31), Victor Dubuisson (39), Jamie Donaldson (51)

Group 2: Jason Day (2), Paul Casey (23), Thongchai Jaidee (36), Graeme McDowell (62)

Group 3: Rory McIlroy (3), Kevin Na (26), Smylie Kaufman (46), Thorbjorn Olesen (64)

Group 4: Bubba Watson (4), J.B. Holmes (21), Emiliano Grillo (33), Patton Kizzire (63)

Group 5: Rickie Fowler (5), Byeong-Hun An (27), Scott Piercy (47), Jason Dufner (58)

Group 6: Adam Scott (6), Bill Haas (30), Chris Wood (41), Thomas Pieters (55)

Group 7: Justin Rose (7), Matt Kuchar (28), Anirban Lahiri (48), Fabian Gomez (57)

Group 8: Dustin Johnson (8), Jimmy Walker (22), Kiradech Aphibarnrat (37), Robert Streb (49)

Group 9: Patrick Reed (9), Phil Mickelson (17), Matthew Fitzpatrick (42), Daniel Berger (53)

Group 10: Danny Willett (10), Brooks Koepka (18), Billy Horschel (40), Jaco Van Zyl (50)

Group 11: Branden Grace (11), Russell Knox (32), David Lingmerth (38), Chris Kirk (54)

Group 12: Hideki Matsuyama (12), Kevin Kisner (20), Soren Kjeldsen (43), Rafael Cabrera-Bello (52)

Group 13: Sergio Garcia (13), Marc Leishman (25), Ryan Moore (45), Lee Westwood (59)

Group 14: Zach Johnson (14), Shane Lowry (24), Martin Kaymer (44), Marcus Fraser (60)

Group 15: Brandt Snedeker (15), Charl Schwartzel (19), Danny Lee (34), Charley Hoffman (56)

Group 16: Louis Oosthuizen (16), Andy Sullivan (29), Bernd Wiesberger (35), Matt Jones (61)
GMac still plays??

PP

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: sevenof400 on March 22, 2016, 11:03:35 am
You're a bad, bad man, J'Rabb.

That's for the other thread.....

Nicely played by the way.

Just call me Raymond Babbitt...

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: sevenof400 on March 22, 2016, 11:17:13 am
PP - You do recall that GMac won earlier this (wrap around) year, don't you?
I did not, but I don't watch anymore

PP

GoHogs1091

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on March 21, 2016, 06:35:07 pm
One man's idiosyncracy is another man's brilliance.

Pete Dye's work is far from brilliant.

Crooked Stick is garbage.

Whistling Straits is garbage (has one of the worst 18th hole in all of golf; the 18th hole at Bethpage Black is a better finishing hole than the 18th at Whistling Straits, and that is saying something because the 18th at Bethpage Black is a relatively weak finishing hole).

His course at French Lick, Indiana is not even the best course there; Donald Ross' course is the best course at French Lick.

Really the only somewhat decent work of Dye is Harbour Town, and Dye didn't even do all of that course himself.  Jack Nicklaus was a design consultant on that project.

Dye's 3 holes at the Stadium Course at Sawgrass (Hole 16, Hole 17, and Hole 18) is the misplaced reason for his lofty reputation, a reputation entirely built on the fact that the PGA Tour plays there every year.

There are some golf course architects who are called a "one hit wonder" because of 1 course.  In Dye's case, it is not even an entire 1 course.  Dye should be called a "3 hole wonder."

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: GoHogs1091 on March 22, 2016, 02:34:19 pm
There are some golf course architects who are called a "one hit wonder" because of 1 course.  In Dye's case, it is not even an entire 1 course.  Dye should be called a "3 hole wonder."

Pretty sure that's what they used to call Marilyn Chambers.

ricepig

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on March 22, 2016, 02:56:22 pm
Pretty sure that's what they used to call Marilyn Chambers.

You're on your "A" game today, don't worry, it won't last.

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: ricepig on March 22, 2016, 03:14:08 pm
You're on your "A" game today, don't worry, it won't last.

With GoHogs pitching softballs like that, we should all be on our 'A' games.  Might as well have set it up on a tee for me.

Jackrabbit Hog

Jackrabbit Hog

Three good matches to keep an eye on early.

Day v. McDowell at 10:20

Fowler v. Dufner at 11:00

Garcia v. Westwood at 11:20

Pulled(PP)pork

where the hell has Dufner disappeared too, dude was awesome 2yrs ago
loved his laissez faire attitude/swing

PP

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: Pulled(PP)pork on March 23, 2016, 08:28:43 am
where the hell has Dufner disappeared too, dude was awesome 2yrs ago
loved his laissez faire attitude/swing

PP

He won the tournament at Palm Springs earlier this year, and considering he's in the Match Play he has climbed back into the top 64 in the world, so I'd say he's righting the ship.  All he had to do was cut the chain on that anchor of a golddigging wife.

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on March 23, 2016, 08:50:01 am
He won the tournament at Palm Springs earlier this year, and considering he's in the Match Play he has climbed back into the top 64 in the world, so I'd say he's righting the ship.  All he had to do was cut the chain on that anchor of a golddigging wife.
oh, did he get divorced?

PP

Pulled(PP)pork

damn, although, I thought he had outkicked his coverage initially.

PP

ricepig

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on March 23, 2016, 08:50:01 am

Yeah, he's been playing well the winter/spring, making a lot of putts. He's definitely back on track after last year, his biggest problem is being a Barner....

onebadrubi

Quote from: Pulled(PP)pork on March 23, 2016, 09:13:24 am
damn, although, I thought he had outkicked his coverage initially.

PP

It's easy to do when on the PGA tour.  There are literally women that just follow the tour around hoping to strike it rich.

ricepig

ricepig

Quote from: sevenof400 on March 23, 2016, 11:43:28 am
Amy's calendar.

Looked like the shingles or something in an interview I saw. Probably just too much sun catching up with him, I know I didn't wear a wide brim hat enough for 30 years in the sun.

Jackrabbit Hog

Jason Day won his match over GMac, 3 and 2, but he clearly injured himself.  He was looking like Tiger with a bad back on the last hole he played, and they are saying his status for the rest of the match play is up in the air.

Not good with the Masters just a couple of weeks away.

GolfNut57

Quote from: sevenof400 on March 23, 2016, 09:17:00 pm
A lot of yakking all over the place this afternoon highlighted by Thor shanking a chip on 18 IIRC.  Although the broadcasters mentioned the wind a good bit, it must really be just the right combination of wind in the wrong places when so many shots are hit that far offline.  It also looked like the greens were getting close to being toast.  I do like that 18th hole though - drivable even at 376 yards with the added benefit of having a very tough layup from the tee if your cajones is(are) lacking...

:o Drivable huh? You could shorten that bugger by a 100 yards and it still wouldn't be reachable with a tee shot by my short hitting ass. UNLESS I caught it on the screws along with a 80 mph tailwind.  >:(
"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented." Arnold Palmer.

Jackrabbit Hog

I think what you saw yesterday is what happens when even the best are presented with a brand new layout that they've never seen before, with the benefit of only one practice round and swirling winds.  GoHogs may call it a lousy course for, well, you know the reasons, but I thought it looked like a very good test, especially for a course that is not really long.  The 17th is a very short par 3 - everybody was using wedges yesterday, but I think I only saw one birdie there.  Just very tough to gauge where to hit the ball.

I saw Thor's shank; made me feel good because it was absolutely something I'd do.  I'm sure he was embarrassed, kinda like when Adam Scott shanked one out of the sand while paired with Phil a couple of weeks ago.  Oleson had multiple chances to put Rory away yesterday and he just flat out choked.  Missed several short putts badly and of course played the 18th like an 18 handicapper.  Rory was very lucky...kinda like he was last year at this event.

T'will be interesting today to see if Day can play or if he takes a chance and forfeits his match to Jaidee.

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: sevenof400 on March 24, 2016, 08:36:20 am
Quite frankly, I'm mystified about this....
known as, "poking the bear"

PP

Jackrabbit Hog

Day must really be hurting bad.  Starts his match eagle-birdie.

ricepig

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on March 24, 2016, 02:44:26 pm
Day must really be hurting bad.  Starts his match eagle-birdie.

He won't last the Day.....

Jackrabbit Hog

Today's the day we find out who makes it out of the pools to the "Sweet 16" bracketed portion of the tournament.  Unlike many years, the big names are actually playing well and there's a good chance we'll have some of the matches everybody wants to see this weekend.  Spieth, Day, McIlroy, Mickelson, Reed, Oosthuizen, Schwartzel and Zach Johnson are all 2-0 so far (Mickelson and Reed play today to see which one advances out of that pool). 

I'm really liking what I'm seeing of the course.  Several holes where you have to make strategic decisions, including the 13th which is a driveable par 4 with water down the left side the entire way, and the par 4 18th, which is almost driveable.  The way 18 was set up yesterday, those that used driver to get close almost all left with par or worse; those that laid up had more success. 

The way the brackets are set up, Spieth, Day and McIlroy could all make the final four.  That would be something.

Boarcephus

I've never seen so many sorry shots on a 142 yard hole as I saw on 17. I've forgotten who it was but whoever tied Fowler had a helluva birdie on 16.  Pure luck in that the ball hit the fence and came to rest where there was a slot directly behind the ball so he could take somewhat of a swing with a putter.
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: Boarcephus on March 25, 2016, 08:56:19 am
I've never seen so many sorry shots on a 142 yard hole as I saw on 17. I've forgotten who it was but whoever tied Fowler had a helluva birdie on 16.  Pure luck in that the ball hit the fence and came to rest where there was a slot directly behind the ball so he could take somewhat of a swing with a putter.

That was Scott Piercy and the shot he it on 16 was pretty awesome.  Used his putter to bounce the ball off the cart path, deaden it in the rough, and then roll out about 30 feet to the hole.  Don't know if you say it or not, but a couple of hours earlier Adam Scott was in almost the exact same spot, except he didn't have the open slot in the little wall.  He played away from the hole with an iron but used the contour of the ground to the left of a bunker to steer his ball back toward the hole.  He ended up about 25 feet away and then sank the putt for birdie.

What Piercy's and Scott's shots on that hole prove is that the Tour's slogan, "These guys are good", is true. 

However, the guy Mickelson was playing yesterday, Scott Brown, was up against a rock wall on 18 yesterday and was tied with Phil at the time.  He tried a hero shot but ended up whiffing, hitting the wall on his backswing and injuring his wrist.  He whiffed by a good six inches above the ball; looked like something I'd do.

Boarcephus

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on March 25, 2016, 09:03:26 am
That was Scott Piercy and the shot he it on 16 was pretty awesome.  Used his putter to bounce the ball off the cart path, deaden it in the rough, and then roll out about 30 feet to the hole.  Don't know if you say it or not, but a couple of hours earlier Adam Scott was in almost the exact same spot, except he didn't have the open slot in the little wall.  He played away from the hole with an iron but used the contour of the ground to the left of a bunker to steer his ball back toward the hole.  He ended up about 25 feet away and then sank the putt for birdie.

What Piercy's and Scott's shots on that hole prove is that the Tour's slogan, "These guys are good", is true. 

However, the guy Mickelson was playing yesterday, Scott Brown, was up against a rock wall on 18 yesterday and was tied with Phil at the time.  He tried a hero shot but ended up whiffing, hitting the wall on his backswing and injuring his wrist.  He whiffed by a good six inches above the ball; looked like something I'd do.

They showed the replay of Scott's shot but missed the other one you mentioned.  I like what Miller said before Piercy's shot, it's one thing to practice the swing but a totally different when you actually have to hit the ball.  I've found that out from playing myself...you can practice the swing under a limb, on a root, etc but it all changes once you actually have to hit the ball.
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: Boarcephus on March 25, 2016, 09:22:08 am
They showed the replay of Scott's shot but missed the other one you mentioned.  I like what Miller said before Piercy's shot, it's one thing to practice the swing but a totally different when you actually have to hit the ball.  I've found that out from playing myself...you can practice the swing under a limb, on a root, etc but it all changes once you actually have to hit the ball.

I re-checked, and it was Daniel Berger, not Scott Brown.  My bad there.  And it was "Sir Nick" Faldo, not Miller, who made the comment about Piercy's shot.  I know, because had it been Miller, the comment would have gone something like, "Roger, this is really a pretty easy shot he's about to hit.  He ought to be able to get it within about two feet, don't you think?"

Boarcephus

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on March 25, 2016, 09:26:48 am
I re-checked, and it was Daniel Berger, not Scott Brown.  My bad there.  And it was "Sir Nick" Faldo, not Miller, who made the comment about Piercy's shot.  I know, because had it been Miller, the comment would have gone something like, "Roger, this is really a pretty easy shot he's about to hit.  He ought to be able to get it within about two feet, don't you think?"

LOL!!  So that was not Miller but Faldo, my bad.  Still not quite sure what to make of Miller but I do know I can't stand Sir Nick.  IMO, they could turn the entire program over to Feherty and let him handle the on course, up in the booth commentary and I'd be good with that.

Jackrabbit Hog

Matches to keep an eye on today:

Adam Scott v. Bill Haas (10:30 a.m.)  Winner moves on.

Rory McIlroy v. Kevin Na (11:00 a.m.)  Winner moves on.

Justin Rose v. Matt Kuchar (11:40 a.m.)  Winner moves on.

Brant Snedeker v. Charl Schwartzel (12:00)  Winner moves on.

Bubba Watson v. J.B. Holmes (1:40 p.m.)  Should be a bomber's delight.

Patrick Reed v. Phil Mickelson (2:00 p.m.)  Winner moves on.

Louis Oosthuizen v. Andy Sullivan (2:40 p.m.)  Winner moves on.

Jordan Spieth v. Justin Thomas (3:00 p.m.)  Good buddies going at it; Spieth moves on regardless of outcome.

Jackrabbit Hog

Something else I didn't realize until I read it this morning; no one has secured a spot to move on yet.  Last year if two players finished at the top of a pool with 2-1 records, the player that won the head-to-head between them would move on.  This year they've done away with that.  Head-to-head doesn't matter, and any two players at the top of a pool with the same number of points (1 for a win, .5 for a half, 0 for a loss) will do a sudden death playoff for the right to move on.

ricepig

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on March 25, 2016, 09:03:26 am

Yeah, I take practice strokes like that from time to time. They're usually on the tee box when I try to really "crank" one up. Sometimes my playing partners think it was a real swing, crazy I know.

EastexHawg

Patrick Reed is one guy no one should want to come up against in match play.  He destroyed Mickelson today.  On the front nine he made a 38 footer for eagle and two 20 footers for birdie, I think all in a three hole stretch.  That was after he holed another sizable putt for par.

He started the back nine by holing his second shot for another eagle after Mickelson hit one to about six feet for birdie.

Sometimes you just run into a buzzsaw.  Patrick Reed in match play is a buzzsaw almost every time out.

PonderinHog

Iwastherein1969

Zach Johnson rolls in a 15 to 18 footer on the last hole forcing McIlroy to make a 3 footer for the win.  Sinn Fein. Rory wins again and draws Chris Kirk to try and make the final four this afternoon. I feel a rout coming on. Gotta give HUGE props to Zach, he's the definition of a bulldog because McIlroy was bombing it past him 40 to 50 yds on every hole and Zach still played his game.
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

Iwastherein1969

I'm beginning to get the feeling that Jason Day is a "drama queen".  However, a "drama queen" with mucho talent. He showed zero signs of his back hurting in his match and in his post-match interview whined a bit about it. Last year it was vertigo. Seems like he's always got something wrong with his young body. Methinks he likes the attention of always being hurt causing him to channel his "inner" Eldrick Woods.
The long Grey line will never fail our country.