Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bay Hill

Started by Jackrabbit Hog, March 18, 2016, 11:46:50 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Jackrabbit Hog

Jason Day finally going off.  Looks like he's going to throw up a pair of 66s to open, which amounts to a 4 shot lead at the moment, with afternoon players yet to tee off. 

Should he go on to win, it'll ratchet up the Masters anticipation that much more.

Edit:  He made a 37 footer on his last hole so he opened 66-65, -13. 
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

GolfNut57

Exciting finish today. Jason Day goes into 18 with a one stroke lead, drives his tee shot into the right rough, approach shot into the greenside sand and is staring at a long bunker shot that he must get up and down for par to win. And like the champion he is he pulled it off by making a 5 foot putt to win. Talk about a clutch par. Wow!

Meanwhile, both Chappell and Merritt will go to bed tonight kicking themselves for what could have been their first PGA win.
"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented." Arnold Palmer.

Boarcephus

Didn't Merritt win last year?  Rory put on a show, 75-66-75-65, or something like that.  When he's on, he's tough but  when he's off, he's off.
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

Jackrabbit Hog

Merritt did get his first win last year, at Tiger's tournament I think.  Chappell is still looking for his first.

I think Rory's gotta get his mind right.  Something's going on that is keeping him from focusing and he even hinted at it after his Friday round.  As talented and accomplished as he is, I'm not sure he can string together 4 good rounds at a major venue right now.  Then again, he might win the Masters by five strokes.  That's what makes this time in golf so exciting; several guys playing at such a high level.

Glad to see Day finish it off yesterday.  Watch out for the Aussies at Augusta.
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

ricepig

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on March 21, 2016, 08:23:35 am
Merritt did get his first win last year, at Tiger's tournament I think.  Chappell is still looking for his first.

I think Rory's gotta get his mind right.  Something's going on that is keeping him from focusing and he even hinted at it after his Friday round.  As talented and accomplished as he is, I'm not sure he can string together 4 good rounds at a major venue right now.  Then again, he might win the Masters by five strokes.  That's what makes this time in golf so exciting; several guys playing at such a high level.

Glad to see Day finish it off yesterday.  Watch out for the Aussies at Augusta.

Remember where you heard/read this, someone outside of the top 10 will win the Masters.

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: ricepig on March 21, 2016, 11:07:51 am
Remember where you heard/read this, someone outside of the top 10 will win the Masters.

Garrigus.    Duh.

PonderinHog

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on March 21, 2016, 11:30:47 am
Garrigus.    Duh.
There's some Hogvillage idiot that's always picking that guy to win a major and it never happens.   Maybe he'll get a clue, someday.

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: PonderinHog on March 21, 2016, 11:38:21 am
There's some Hogvillage idiot that's always picking that guy to win a major and it never happens.   Maybe he'll get a clue, someday.

Bow before his greatness, infidel.

Boarcephus

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on March 21, 2016, 08:23:35 am

Saw that on Rory.  He had 5 doubles and that's just tough to overcome. 
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: sevenof400 on March 21, 2016, 01:27:29 pm
On the day you considering changing your avatar pic, J'Rabb, Garrigus #3 should be your new pic...

Would be an apt description of my golf game, for sure.

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: sevenof400 on March 21, 2016, 01:55:06 pm
And recalling my days spent in and around Memphis, that was my first place for visible sweat south of the border.

Platinum Plus, I assume.

ricepig

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on March 21, 2016, 02:14:56 pm
Platinum Plus, I assume.

I saw they arrested the guy again, tax evasion??, that owned PP in the last few weeks. His neighbors were appalled, said he was an upstanding neighbor, although they didn't get the pole in the living room.

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: ricepig on March 21, 2016, 02:32:03 pm
I saw they arrested the guy again, tax evasion??, that owned PP in the last few weeks. His neighbors were appalled, said he was an upstanding neighbor, although they didn't get the pole in the living room.

Yeah, the guy is quite the legend in these parts.  I do not know him, but I do know one of his right-hand guys who has done a lot of his "dirty work" over the years.  Interesting guy; and man, the stories he can tell..

ricepig

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on March 21, 2016, 02:51:14 pm
Yeah, the guy is quite the legend in these parts.  I do not know him, but I do know one of his right-hand guys who has done a lot of his "dirty work" over the years.  Interesting guy; and man, the stories he can tell..

Only story I got, that I'd tell dealing with Memphis strip club owners was an ex-brother-in-law and his sign company. Danny wanted to put up some of his "eye signs" on their billboards they had between Jonesboro and Memphis. They met Danny at his house to discuss the details, only place he'd meet besides his club. It was quite interesting, needless to say, but they turned him down, although they were in deep debt. It seemed there were piles of cash, coke, and machine guns.

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: ricepig on March 21, 2016, 03:47:50 pm
Only story I got, that I'd tell dealing with Memphis strip club owners was an ex-brother-in-law and his sign company. Danny wanted to put up some of his "eye signs" on their billboards they had between Jonesboro and Memphis. They met Danny at his house to discuss the details, only place he'd meet besides his club. It was quite interesting, needless to say, but they turned him down, although they were in deep debt. It seemed there were piles of cash, coke, and machine guns.

Sounds consistent.

Back on the Bay Hill topic.  I'm extremely disappointed with Day's wife, who isn't shedding the post-pregnancy pounds like she should.  Either that, or he's already knocked her up again. 

ricepig

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on March 21, 2016, 04:12:34 pm
Sounds consistent.

Back on the Bay Hill topic.  I'm extremely disappointed with Day's wife, who isn't shedding the post-pregnancy pounds like she should.  Either that, or he's already knocked her up again. 

I missed that, I was busy watching basketball. Speaking of strippers, what's Duffner's ex up to these days?

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: ricepig on March 21, 2016, 04:16:38 pm
I missed that, I was busy watching basketball. Speaking of strippers, what's Duffner's ex up to these days?

Still enjoying being the ex-Mrs. Dufner, I'm sure.  Probably going out on the town with the ex Mrs. Woods and all those others that are living high on half their ex's winnings.