Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

WGC Cadillac Championship

Started by ricepig, March 03, 2016, 03:06:29 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ricepig

Shooting pretty low today at Doral, I guess they dumbed it down for the pro's. Rory is exhibiting his usual putting woes.

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: ricepig on March 03, 2016, 03:06:29 pm
Shooting pretty low today at Doral, I guess they dumbed it down for the pro's. Rory is exhibiting his usual putting woes.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

EastexHawg

Mickelson's coach is worth whatever he is paying him.  He came in leading the tour in scoring average and is currently -9, leading by two.

ricepig

Quote from: EastexHawg on March 04, 2016, 01:56:59 pm
Mickelson's coach is worth whatever he is paying him.  He came in leading the tour in scoring average and is currently -9, leading by two.

He needs him right now, the wheels have come off in the last three holes.

Iwastherein1969

you can pencil this guy as the winner....he's putting well again....getting cranked for the Masters...Sinn Fein.....
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

PonderinHog

Quote from: EastexHawg on March 04, 2016, 01:56:59 pm
The Eastex curse strikes again!   ;)

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on March 05, 2016, 06:12:23 pm
you can pencil this guy as the winner....he's putting well again....getting cranked for the Masters...Sinn Fein.....
is he doing The Carlton?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrObV84tD8g

PP

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: Pulled(PP)pork on March 06, 2016, 09:43:10 am
is he doing The Carlton?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrObV84tD8g

PP
lol, hold off on penciling McIroy's name on the trophy....dude is choking harder then Jean Van de Velde....never thought I'd see this....Rory needs to "Ish-can" that cross handed putting grip, he's not even burning the lip on anything. All I can say is, dude is just flat out choking.
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

Jackrabbit Hog

Amazing how quickly perceptions change in golf.  Six weeks ago all you were reading and hearing was "the new Big 3" of Spieth, Day and McIlroy.  Then it became a possible Big 4 with Fowler being thrown into the mix.  Now it looks like heading into the Masters the three best bets will be Adam Scott, Bubba and Phil.  Golf's a funny game.

The one constant is that Dustin Johnson will blow up on a Sunday.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

onebadrubi

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on March 07, 2016, 08:42:19 am
Amazing how quickly perceptions change in golf.  Six weeks ago all you were reading and hearing was "the new Big 3" of Spieth, Day and McIlroy.  Then it became a possible Big 4 with Fowler being thrown into the mix.  Now it looks like heading into the Masters the three best bets will be Adam Scott, Bubba and Phil.  Golf's a funny game.

The one constant is that Dustin Johnson will blow up on a Sunday.

It isn't the game of golf, you're allowing writers with nothing better to do than look for the next dominant player sway your thoughts.  These writers and commentators are have been searching for the next dominant "guy", but what we are seeing is a better talent at the top of the game overall.

Any player in the top 30 or so in the world rankings could win next week and they start talking about them being the favorites or maybe the next.... blah, blah, blah.   

EastexHawg

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on March 07, 2016, 08:42:19 am
Now it looks like heading into the Masters the three best bets will be Adam Scott, Bubba and Phil.

I agree those three are probably the most likely.  McIlroy will need to have a huge lead going into the back nine on Sunday...which he is of course capable of doing.

I just don't see Spieth winning it again this year.  The putting exhibition he put on last year will be hard to duplicate.  It was almost Retief Goosen 2004 U.S. Open good.

I freely admit I could be wrong, though.

Pulled(PP)pork

Why do these guys feel like they need to bulk up?  Rory is going the way of Tiger, imo. How long before he's sidelined with a knee or back injury?

PP

East TN HAWG

Quote from: Pulled(PP)pork on March 07, 2016, 08:14:45 pm
Why do these guys feel like they need to bulk up?  Rory is going the way of Tiger, imo. How long before he's sidelined with a knee or back injury?

PP

It all depends on how much soccer he plays with his buddies. 

Pulled(PP)pork

clutch

Quote from: Pulled(PP)pork on March 07, 2016, 08:14:45 pm

PP

Muscle doesn't = injury. Tiger's biggest problem was never the weights. Tiger's problems stemmed more from the cardio training he did. Running is bad on the knees and back. Running in military boots is even worse.

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: clutch on March 08, 2016, 10:04:23 pm
Muscle doesn't = injury. Tiger's biggest problem was never the weights. Tiger's problems stemmed more from the cardio training he did. Running is bad on the knees and back. Running in military boots is even worse.
all I'm saying is, Jack was not into lifting weights, don't think Arny was either....are they not the "bar" everyone is trying to achieve?

PP